[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Warpshadow.com • View topic - New kits / Conversion Ideas for Tervigon and Hive Tyrant

Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: New kits / Conversion Ideas for Tervigon and Hive Tyrant
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:25 pm 
Medium One

Have been holding off on working on my Chapter House Tervigon conversion and widened Carnifex based Tervigon until the rumored kits arrived.

Am thinking that the new Terv egg sack might be modified to fit the Chapter House Tervigon conversion, giving the kit a higher GW part content and more of a GW look... :twisted:

Last edited by timdp on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:51 pm 
Biotitan

I wonder if I can make a big version of my Tervigon design with the new kit. Here is photos of my converted one: http://krewl-rain.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2i6fv7

Only thing is it breaks Tyranid body shape rules with the added body segment. Fluff wise I made them two organisms bonded together. The little queen like termagaunt thing with a whole body as a biomorph symbiote to protect her and her babies. I just dunno if the model will be way too big if I remake the official model like this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:54 pm 
Medium One

From Dakka:

[quote=DarkStarSabre]For those that were wanting a comparison shot of a Tervigon/Tyrannofex along with a Hierodule, here you go.

In the middle is a Carnifex converted to be standing a little taller.[/quote]

So the Terv to Barbed Heirodule conversion issues are:
Armored tail
The Heirodule tail is a FW Capillary Tower so that one is relatively easy....

Beefier limbs and scytals
People have done beefed up limbs and my triple scytal upgrade should work.

Head
Probably the toughest problem but perhaps a combination of Mawloc and Red Terror heads would work.

Weapons
Convert 2 x Tyrannofex weapons

tim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:48 pm 
Biotitan

OOooo would the Tervigon/T-Fex body/tail be large enough for a Harridan? Still may be smaller then then the real deal but large enough to pass.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:20 pm 
Big One

Probably a lot smaller, but you might be able to plasticard spacer and greenstuff the living tar out of it to make it big enough... maybe... the harridan is just so massive.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:35 am 
Biotitan

The Harridan is a LOT bigger than you think it is. The new Tervigon/Tyrannofex kit is rather large and impressive, it's the wrong body shape for a Harridan as well.

But perhaps your Greenstuff skill is a lot higher than mine and you're able to pull it off....

If you attempt it, please post pics!!

I Spent 90% of My Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:15 am 
Monstrosity

So I just assembled and finished painting my Terv (next one will be mutable). Here's some size comparisons, for those wanting them.

A 'Fex, my kitbashed (fex/trygon) Tervigon (pretty close!), Tervigon, and a Barbed Hierodule.

Head on view of a Terv vs a 'Dule.

Of course what everyone cares about: the new Terv vs a Hierophant.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:33 am 
Little One

Looks good on distance. But.. It's some really really small pics, so hard to see ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:45 am 
Monstrosity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:14 pm 
Monstrosity

Now with larger images!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:16 pm 
Medium One

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:36 pm 
Monstrosity

Last edited by Snapdragon on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:39 pm 
Little One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIEjm9F-lFI

You can kinda see the comparison in size here ;) Yeap, the Harridan is the big flyer at the platform. Converting it out from those would feel.. odd..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:06 pm 
Biotitan

Yeah... I just have been in a rut with my scratch build Harridan project for a while. The guns and limbs out of that kit will help a load, but argh the wings and body I am so stuck on haha.

Had a chuckle seeing that McFarline Alien Queen proxy in that apocalypse video link. Mine keeps falling apart with the waist joint... even with my fixes. Arg... I probably gotta pin the halves together hardcore, but I don't have a drill :<

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:28 pm 
Medium One

Rant/Whine: My Terv/T'fexes and plastic Tyrant won't arrive until Friday and I want to start chopping stuff up right now!
/Rant...