Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kill Team
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:06 am 
Big One

For those who have not heard, yesterday was the release of a new game called Kill Team, and it features fast (gauntlet-style) game play with one or two players controlling space marines. You choose one of 4 marines (essentially devestator, assault, melee librarian, and techpriest) and fight your way through a massive Ork ship!

I played it for a couple hours last night and had a good time - definitely recommend it

It's fun, it's hectic, it's fast... and it's very cheap! Only 800 Xbox Live points! Check it out on Xbox Live Arcade.

Currently I think it is only on Xbox 360 in the US region (and Canada), but the PS3 & EU releases are July 26th

Post subject: Re: Kill Team
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:39 am 
Hatchling

Played through the game at a friends house and to be perfectly honest I wasn't that impressed personally. The style of game play is fimilar as very similar to games like Alien Swarm etc and very easy to pick up. However I find the enjoyment levels are fairly low in a button bashing ( essentially ) game.

The levels are a bit short and contrived. Flick a switch here, open a gate there. It left me feeling largely disappointed. Two levels/sequences were very good - the Carnifex and the Stompa being the stand out moments. There were other amusing bits but they felt few and far between.

Graphically I can't really complain - it looked good. Focus especially on characters and creatures, but much less so on surroundings. For this game that worked fine - no complaints as I said.

I think the real killer for this game though is the length. The story mode is 5 missions? It just isn't enough. I know it's only a small and cheap game but if you look at value for money: i.e: pleasure/time used compared to cost then I think it is below par.

Overall it was fun but it was far too simple, contrived and short for my tastes.