Tarna opened her eyes, forced from her dream by the violent rumbling. She clambered out of her bed and rushed through the living area of her home without skipping a beat. Swinging open the door to her children’s bedroom she urged the two siblings out of bed. Her first thought was that it was an earthquake, as the region she lived in was prone to them, but as she and her children left their home for the safety of the streets and looked up at the early morning sky horror sunk into the pit of their stomach.
The cool air was thick with a red mist the smell of which reminded Tarna of giving birth, and a casual glance upwards revealed dozens of fleshy bags falling to the ground, their impacts causing the incessant tremors. Tarna’s youngest daughter; Tash clutched her stuffed animal and began to cry, as her older sister; Sima begged for their father to return.
Tarna and her children lost their balance as a deep cracking sound was issued from beneath their feet and several worm-like creatures burst from the ground, their mouths opening up like a flower made of knives and sickles. The closest creature grabbed Sima by the arm, rending her flesh; Tarna grabbed onto her daughter and fought with all of her strength but was soon dragged into the hellish hole that the beast appeared from. Tash began to run into her house as she heard her family’s last screams.
Several hours later a Tauros assault vehicle rolled by the house, its flamer gushing liquid promethium onto the horde of alien creatures. A local militiaman holding onto the hand railing looked towards the home and saw the bloody holes in the ground and a dirty stuffed animal lying in the dirt. He began to weep.
Hello all you bugs!
I’m happy to announce the creation of a brand new Warpshadow contest. We’re able to host this one thanks to the generosity of one of our members; Sofacoin!Purpose:
This month we’ll be having a competition based solely on the swarmy guys, specifically:
- Tyranid Warriors
- Tyranid Shrikes
- Genestealers (with or without Broodlord)
You may choose one of the units from the above list and modify it or scratch-build it in a way that illustrates the constantly evolving nature of the Tyranids. You could build floating devourer-headed Termagants, small drone-ship looking Gargoyles or burrowing worm-like Hormagaunts, the choice is yours. Additionally you must submit a minimum
sized brood (10 Hormagaunts) but feel free to make more.Dates:
Contest Opens: Wednesday, June 1st, 2011
Contest Closes: Thursday, June 30th, 2011
Voting Opens: Friday, July 1st, 2011
Voting Closes: Friday, July 15th, 2011How to Enter:
There will be a single gallery for this contest opened in the Survival of the Fittest album. To enter, Private Message me here with links to your entry and I will create a sub-album titled with “Entries Name – Your Username” in the appropriate folder, where I will upload the photos manually. This will allow members to post multiple angles and shots of your creation.
This is located here: http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Paintcontest/littleones/Contest Guidelines:
1) Models must be either scratch-built or kit-bashes of official Forge World/Games-Workshop models.
2) Submissions must be complete.
3) Submissions do not have to painted (but they can be).
4) When photographing your submissions please make sure they’re on a light background with a good light source.
5) Your model must be a new or unfinished (so conversions previously started but never finished are welcome).
6) Your entry must be the minimum brood size for your selection.Prizes:
This month, the winner of the contest will win a brand new TRYGON
kit complements of Sofacoin![Open in new window]Rules:
1) Only one submission may be entered per contest. Any submissions that are entered may not be retracted in favour of another submission.
2) Submissions must be completed to the full guidelines of the contest to be considered for voting.
3) Each member gets one vote per poll, and the vote may not be changed once cast.
4) You may vote for your own entry if you wish (voting is anonymous).
5) When voting we ask you to consider the appeal of the painting or modeling of the piece and the overall composition.
6) Polling topics are reserved for questions and comments regarding the polls, discussion of models entered in the competition should be reserved for their respective topics (do not be afraid to make a W.I.P. thread).
7) Polls will be run for the stated amount of time. No additional votes will be considered after that date has passed.