Hello fellow members!
Today is the day to announce a new contest. This time I have something different in mind. It is a contest that both members that will already have a model for this creature can enter, as well as members who haven’t even begun to come up with ideas for such a beast.
Of course I’m talking about the Swarmlord! So I’ll get right into explaining it.Purpose:
The purpose behind this competition is to model or paint models that could represents the fabled Swarmlord.
But there is a catch!
This model is actually going to be part of a diorama (the Swarmlord and it’s base have to be removable) showing the Swarmlord and another model (or models) in an epic duel. The other model can be whatever you’d like, Space Marines, Tau, Necrons, Orks, even Fantasy Battle Lizardmen if you want.
The diorama can be as big as you want, but I expect people with pre-built Swarmlord models to have big dynamic bases. Dates:
Contest Opens: Wednesday, September 1st, 2010
Contest Closes: Thursday, September 30th, 2010
Voting Opens: Friday, October 1st, 2010
Voting Closes: Friday, October 8th, 2010How to Enter:
There will be a single gallery for this contest opened in the Survival of the Fittest album. To enter, Private Message me here with links to your entry and I will create a sub-album titled with “Entries Name – Your Username” in the appropriate folder, where I will upload the photos manually. This will allow members to post multiple angles and shots of your creation.
This is located here: http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Paintcontest/epicduel/Contest Guidelines:
1) Models must be either scratch-built or kit-bashes of official Forge World/Games-Workshop models.
2) Submissions must be complete.
3) Submissions do not have to painted (but they can be).
4) When photographing your submissions please make sure they’re on a light background with a good light source.
5) Your model must be detachable from its diorama (this has to be proven with a photo).Prizes:
This month, the winner of the contest will win a brand new box of GARGOYLES!Rules:
1) Only one submission may be entered per contest. Any submissions that are entered may not be retracted in favour of another submission.
2) Submissions must be completed to the full guidelines of the contest to be considered for voting.
3) Each member gets one vote per poll, and the vote may not be changed once cast.
4) You may vote for your own entry if you wish (voting is anonymous).
5) When voting we ask you to consider the appeal of the painting or modeling of the piece and the overall composition.
6) Polling topics are reserved for questions and comments regarding the polls, discussion of models entered in the competition should be reserved for their respective topics (do not be afraid to make a W.I.P. thread).
7) Polls will be run for the stated amount of time. No additional votes will be considered after that date has passed.