[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Warpshadow.com • View topic - New Codex Announced

Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Codex Announced
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:47 am 
Little One

Pre Order Nov 4. Release Nov 11

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2017/10/tyran ... cting.html

Post subject: Re: New Codex Announced
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:12 pm 
Monstrosity

Wooooo! Hoping for fluff where the Tyranids actually win some battles in their own codex!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:05 am 
Monstrosity

And I hope we're getting some huge bugs to contend with armor - the superheavy tanks are proving pretty difficult to take down, and that Primaris one they just revealed is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:55 pm 
Biotitan

I'm also hoping they get lictors, pyrovores/biovores into plastic kits too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:48 pm 
Monstrosity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:09 am 
Big One

i don´t really care about new models. i would be just happy with good and resonable rules!!
harald

http://www.pocitolocito.com
http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Hive-Fleet-Nautilus/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:29 am 
Monstrosity

Or bring back Hive Nodes? I've seen very few wins against Space Marines. Granted, if the 'Nid player is way more experienced, sure, but players of equal skill? Space Marines have a huge advantage.

With the superhero creep, 'Nids need something that can compete. Norn Queen or something.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:33 am 
Little One

I personally want the following models updated:

The Red Terror
Biovore
Pyrovore
Deathleaper
Lictor
Sporemine Cluster
Genestealers (or have a separate Purestrain Genestealer box)
Gaunts (with all weapon options)

The following I want to have properly released boxes:

Ripper/Sky Slash Swarm
Shrikes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:59 pm 
Big One

i know the book is released in just a few weeks, and already have mine on hold/order. but does anyone have some leaks or solid rumors I'm getting antsy waiting to hear how "hive fleets" effect the game or if my carnifex teams.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:33 am 
Little One

No news yet, but I would not be surprised if the following occured:

Old One Eye - Keyword Behemoth
Deathleaper - Keyword Leviathan
Red Terror - Keyword Kraken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:05 am 
Big One

kinda my theory as well, and allowing them each to be HQ again (OOE still one already). But what im mostly interste is what are the special rules that make them unique from one another? how army wide buff could they make to represent them each

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 pm 
Big One

New Eldar codex sounds really strong again, hard to say OP since its not even out yet.

You can make it so the enemies firing at you get -3BS or even -4BS on the right unit lol.

Hopefully that means nids will get an army wide hive fleet that gives the enemy -1 BS and then that stacks with Venomthropes/malanthropes! So we are -2 BS to hit us almost army wide! I don't think we will be as lucky as Eldar however.

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:26 pm 
Monstrosity

I'd be happy if FW rolled out a Dominatrix. Until then, I should probably keep sculpting mine.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:48 am 
Biomass

small preview of Nov white dwarf revealed all of the biomorph modeling options from the carnifex kit are back in the rules :D
also, the thornback and Screamer killer are now specific variants.

They even posted a picture of one of the Carnifex rules pages, however it is too blurry for me to make out anything.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:31 pm 
Little One