[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Warpshadow.com • View topic - New Edition Rumours - and Pyrovores

Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Edition Rumours - and Pyrovores
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:05 pm 
Monstrosity

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:53 am 
Tyranid Warrior

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:22 pm 
Medium One

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:03 am 
Medium One

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:32 pm 
Little One

Hive Tyrant datasheet leak is on natfka

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:13 pm 
Broodling

I am looking forward to seeing how they shape nids as well. Might be enough of a change, or perhaps shift back (2nd) that I will understand the game again and be able to play once in a while.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:06 pm 
Monstrosity

Okay, Mr. Pink etal - NOW I'm glad I didn't sell my army. Hivefleet Mariposa is chittering again, shaking off the dust...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:52 pm 
Biotitan

My 40K collection has expanded to eight armies. Each day I plan a trip to the store I thought of Tyranids first, but wound up going with something else every time. Tyranids were simply no fun to play in 7e what with all the gimmicks every other army had in their arsenals.

After reading up on 8e rules, the Tyranid overview on Warhammer Community and watching a batrep on Miniwargaming.com, my excitement for the army is back! I'm especially excited about the Pyrovores. I loved fielding them in early 7e despite their weaknesses and can't wait to load them into a Tyrannocyte in 8e. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:34 am 
Biotitan

Most Costs and Books are leaked at this point. I played 3 games with nids in the new edition. Not every unit is totally cool but at least nothing looks really bad.

ps: nice to see some of the old faces back in here :D

CoolMiniOrNot Gallery:

5th Dimension Blog:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:58 pm 
Medium One

Weird question, I didn't know where to put:

Are Lictors scary now? Cover saves now apply to melee combat, based on the reading that all melee wounds, saves, and damage is resolved the exact same as shooting, and Lictors and Deathleaper get a nice boost in cover, does that mean they're going into CC with some pretty nice debuts vs. opponents and armour saves themselves?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:12 am 
Biotitan

It looks like the primary schtick for Tyranids is the ability of multiple models to fire into combat. Flesh Hooks and Lashes allow these shots to occur, whether the bearer is in that combat or not. Very gribbly.

I think the Deathleaper will find lots of play with its updated "It's After Me!" rule as a true character assassin and the penalties it forces on opposing units that target it. It, along with Lictors, have Flesh Hooks to boot. Both have the same strength values they had before so they can pack a punch in CC, though the updated Wound roll table nerfs it a bit. Good news is that every army is impacted by that update, so no big loss. They'll still roll a 2+ to wound GEqs.

I also like the general rule that most MCs have of doing last gasp Mortal Wounds against nearby enemies when they die. The odds aren't great (18%) but it's something.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:28 am 
Big One

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:35 pm 
Little One

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:15 am 
Big One

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:36 am 
Not Loukang

Rolling both saves was not possible in previous editions, so I think he meant Save and FNP rolls.

Regards,

Lak

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next