Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Accommodator/Ross Nickle
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:43 pm 
Big One

Sorry to everyone who knew him. This board has a small collection of very talented and interesting individuals that make this board special, and Accommodator was one of them. I never spoke with him much, but I always had a great deal of respect for him and his work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:58 am 
Biomass

I have lurked in the shadows on this board for a few years, but only recently actually joined. I deeply regret not joining up sooner to get to know Accommodator.

My deepest heartfelt condolencesgo out to his family, friends, and those of you that knew him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:41 am 
Medium One

Such a sad news to hear ....

Rest in peace Accommodator, you'll be missed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm 
Doom of Malan'tai

First day back at Warpshadow, the first thing I see is a post by Accommodator. The second is this...
I offer my condolences to his family and friends, and the rest of the community, too. This must be crushing for his family, he'll live on in my mind, forever.
Maybe I'll be back in a couple of days, but I'm tearing up and I have a science project due monday, I can't spare time to cry, I can't look at this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:15 pm 
Medium One

Accomodator... I've always respected him. I wish the best of luck to his family and friends. Rest in Peace.

This page made me sadface :( I'll miss him.

Click for the most epic picture ever.
http://birdstress.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/laser-dinosaur4.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:10 am 
Little One

Never really knew him. I didn't know him and he most certainly didn't know me. But regardless he had my respect.
He actually came to mind when I was about to get on here. The image of this place.

My heartfelt condolences to his family and may he eternally rest in peace.
Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:14 am 
Techno-Mage

I havent checked the board for few weeks now due to some heavy work and family commitments and return to find this...

I didnt know him very well but in my time helping him to re-work the forum theme and fix the few bugs that he couldnt do himself, he seemed like a great guy. Indeed anyone who puts that amount of time, money and effort into running something such as a forum with no self gains has my utmost respect.

Being a husband and father myself I can't begin to imagine how this affected his loved ones. My sincere condolences go out to his wife and daughter.

RIP Ross.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:58 pm 
Medium One

Well. This hurts.

I never talked to him much, but I always thought I'd meet him someday, you know? Roll up to a GD with a bunch of other people from warpshadow, see a group of guys standing around the WS table and be able to pick him out, cos he'd have that little smile on his face. That won't be happening now.

Unto the Lord all souls return. Rest in peace, my friend.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:34 am 
Little One

Man... first Brimstone, and now Accommodator. :(

I've only had brief interactions with Acc... mostly to help me get my account fixed after changing some information. But he was quick to help, and I saw that carry through with his involvement here.

I've been hard pressed to write a reply to this for the last few days, but ultimately my sympathies and condolences go to his family and loved ones. I can only imagine how he was face to face if his actions here speak for anything.

With the memories that those who knew him share though, he'll be missed but never forgotten, and his influence helped to set the stage for this forum to be the exemplary place that keeps me coming back day after day.

Let's remember what he helped build, and ensure that it's never compromised.

Hive Fleet Fafnir

RIP: Brimstone & Accommodator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:01 pm 
Little One

Conqueror wrote:
Man... first Brimstone, and now Accommodator. :(

........ Let's remember what he helped build, and ensure that it's never compromised.

I am still relatively new around here and haven't checked in for a few weeks, but I was shocked to see this today as I had quickly grown used to Accommodator's presence and behind the scenes work here. As Conqueror said, coming so soon after Brimstone, this feels a bit like a double-whammy. However, it's also a reminder that nothing stays the same in life.

Rest in peace Ross, my condolences to your family.

The Serpents' Breath - Dark Eldar Scourge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:16 am 
Biomass

Hi all; I am very saddened by this news and totally shocked. Myself and a group of guys in Burlington had the honour and priviledge of playing a couple of fantastic floorhammer games with Ross. He was always a lot of fun and brought a lot in terms of resources and great attitude to our games. I have a video on youtube with a bit of him from a mega apoc game we played last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cmhb8tqHyE

We will be doing a memorial apoc floorhammer game this spring in Ross' honour.

Love and condolensces to all and family.

PS he's the gentleman at the end with the black skull t-shirt that says "he wiped me out!"

greg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:51 am 
Little One

May he rest in peace :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:34 pm 
Biomass

While I am a devout servant of the corpse god, I knew Accommodator from the Siegeworld Board as well as having traded him some of my original Tyranids from back when I first started the game.

As I know this was really his online home, I just wanted to get on here and offer my condolences, and for those of us in Saint Louis who knew him online, to his family and loved ones.

-There is a tower in the Emperor's palace called the Tower of Heroes: a black tower which rises high into the sky like a spike. At the summit of that tower hangs the Bell of Lost Souls. It is an ancient thing, massive as a building and adorned with dark runes, its peal like the scream of an anguished god. It is tolled but once when a great hero of the Imperium dies. Its wailing moan of grief lasts long and reaches the ears of millions, and its tones penetrate the unifying ether of humanity turning the thought of countless billions towards mankind's loss.-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:11 pm 
Monstrosity

I was wondering what had happened when I noticed nidpenguin's signature on a different thread. Its hard to believe it was this.

This is just hard to take in. Its hard to think of Warp Shadow without Accommodator. He was constant, even as other people left he remained.

My condolences to his family. RIP.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:19 pm 
Great Devourer

Thanks GrandMasterSepctre,
Accommodator was such a constant and driving force in the on-line Tyranid community it is easy to forget he was so much more to both the hobby and the real world. In the fictional world we live in, it feels like a tragedy that his Titan Legion will never march again, and that giant armoured spearhead of Blood Angles will never again persecute the enemies of mankind. And although he insisted he was getting old, the SCA has lost one of the best right arms in the kingdom.

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next