Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: changed my mind, I am all in!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:56 pm 
Hatchling

After a lot of reading, I think we will be just fine. yes, the book is boring, no warriors where not fixed, but I think this is going to be a fun book.

I plan on staying old school. I will take a Walkrant with 3 guard, no less than 90 gaunts, and straight up scream killers. Fill the points with a brood of Zoanthropes, Biovores and what ever points with the new stuff.

I feel like those 90 gaunts will soak a ton of fire, plus they will force a lot of armor saves. With Smash, combined with a LW&BS, Tyrants will carve nearly anything apart.

I will not be adding a ton of biomorphs, or anything. Keep the warriors old school with death spitters and scythes.

This might be fun.

Post subject: Re: changed my mind, I am all in!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:25 pm 
Biotitan

Glad to see you have changed your mind. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:10 pm 
Mawloc Prime

Victor Lazlo wrote:
Welcome back to the fight. This time I know our side will win.

Casablanca, 1942

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:30 am 
Medium One

There's still a lot of grumbling and griping about the codex going around but there's definitely been an uprising in people that are seeing it to be alright. You know, that's much like my old 4th edition list, and the one I wrote myself using this codex, so I do approve! Hordes of Gaunts and CC Carnifexes strike me as particularly fluffy, and that's the kind of thing I like.

I've been thinking through a few 'what if's though, just for fun =P One Tyrant led the whole polar region force on Macragge- what if they could buy an upgrade that covered the entire table under Synapse? That would probably make them a pretty big target, right? And what if Warriors (and Warriors alone) had Eternal Warrior? Hmm, so many possibilities =P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:37 pm 
Hatchling

The fluffy upgrade i like to see is the lyanden hive tyrant one where he shrug off obscene amount of eldar fire power and kill stuff in the front line. My idea for it is for the last synapse creature to get an iron arm esque buff because the hivemind channel portion its power then pump it full of painkiller/growth hormones to keep the network standin. This represent the hivemind using one the fleet's most powerful creature in a last gamble to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:44 am 
Hormagaunt

Wow. I really like that idea