Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 73  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nidvember???
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:09 pm 
Medium One

I really hope the venom cannons go back to assault "X" and no more blast templates. I missed those so much.

Also, I love what they're doing with warriors, sort of like Hive node. I hope a lot of this makes it through, because some of those sound awesome. The reducing the strength of a weapon vs. a Fex sounds amazing.

I think my Nid neves just tweaked on this, I hope a lot of that stays true.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:19 pm 
Monstrosity

REALLY trying to keep my hopes in check until things actually start dropping. I won't believe there's actually a Harpy model until someone posts a picture.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:38 pm 
Big One

Snapdragon wrote:
REALLY trying to keep my hopes in check until things actually start dropping. I won't believe there's actually a Harpy model until someone posts a picture.

Every codex is getting 1-2 new flyers. DA, Tau and Eldar got 2, chaos got 1, not sure about chaos daemons. I am sure nids will get 1-2 in the harpy slot.

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:33 pm 
Medium One

All this talk of new models and a new codex has revitalised my need to paint tyranids. I have dusted off the paint brushes and unpacked the tentacle pink stock pile. Im a lot busier than I was this time last year (the last time I painted a model) due to moving house, having a baby and the general stresses and strains of work but I feel the calling of the hive mind and the need to paint more pink.

I also know that others feel the calling of the great gribbler and so this message is to you!

THIS IS A CALL TO ARMS.
The pressures of real life are irrelevant......Only Tyranids matter
Are you spending too much time at work?........Take some leave
Are you looking after the baby at home and changing nappies?.........Get the wife or husband to do it instead
Are you studying?........your future can wait

GET THE PAINT BRUSHES OUT. GET THE GREEN STUFF OUT. STOP WORKING ON ALL OTHER PROJECTS. THE GREAT DEVOURER HAS AWOKEN AND IT WILL NOT WAIT ANY LONGER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:31 pm 
Medium One

Nard you're not alone. We're building a second broodling so while the nesting instinct is growing stronger it seems to comingle with hobby drive, and the more I hear about these rumors the more November is too far away.

#theHiveRises

[Open in new window]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:34 pm 
Little One

Does anyone have a sense of the possibility of a new, plastic broodlord as part of this update? I haven't seen any mention of the BL in the rumours yet.

The Space Hulk has been around for some time now and clearly shows that they are capable of producing a new model, it wouldn't surprise me that much if they already had an alternate version of that ready to go since SH. The SH broodlord is one of my favourite models, I really wish that they would replace the current, ex-metal one with something similar. This would be the perfect opportunity.

Cheers.

The Serpents' Breath - Dark Eldar Scourge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:35 am 
Hatchling

I feel like the biggest thing we need is a return to a 2+ save T7 carnifex. It should bot be killable by lasguns. Especially since the wraithlord continues to be T8 and immune to bolters.

Warriors need T5 or immune to ID back.

Carnifex need to retain bioplasma to keep the classic screamer killer build, it's been here since Space Crusade!

Lictors still need a ton of help, they have sucked since 3rd.

Points reductions on nearly everything!

Speed, speed speed!!! We lost ALL of our speed. We go from M6, 12" charge to standard 6" move and fleet to the same exact speed as everyone else....

Those playtest rules sound nice.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:27 am 
Monstrosity

I finished painting all the nids I had a year ago. I promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore GW stuff until nids were released.

It's been a long wait.

BUT...all my stuff is painted, now. All 14,000+ points of it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:01 pm 
Great Devourer

Snapdragon wrote:
Nice. (b~_^)b
(The best I can claim is I have more painted tyranids than can fit in my wheel around army case.)

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:03 pm 
Monstrosity

Yaleling wrote:
Snapdragon wrote:
Nice. (b~_^)b
(The best I can claim is I have more painted tyranids than can fit in my wheel around army case.)

I need one of those. Perhaps when I start pouring money into the new nids, I'll grab one of those, too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:09 pm 
Medium One

Right before the last codex dropped I was 2 carnifexes away from having painted everything.... Then the new codex came out and while I didn't like it as much as the last I still bought and traded for more Nids.

Now I'm much further away than expected...
I think I've got 6-7 MCs that haven't seen paint. Hive willing I'll finish this edition of the codex so I can buy with a clean conscious.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:02 am 
Hydraphant

Terrorfex wrote:
If Nidvember is true I gonna rise the Broods,too :twisted: :twisted: Let the Galaxy burn again! :evil:

Burn?

We can't eat ashes... ;)

Let the Galaxy cook, so we can have a fine feast is more to my taste.

I have to admit though, don't trust rumours until they are true ;)

"I'm gona sing the DOOM-song now: DOOm, DOOOMDOOOOOM,DOM, DOOOOOHM,DOOM...."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:07 am 
Broodling

Gobsmakk'd wrote:
Does anyone have a sense of the possibility of a new, plastic broodlord as part of this update? I haven't seen any mention of the BL in the rumours yet.

The Space Hulk has been around for some time now and clearly shows that they are capable of producing a new model, it wouldn't surprise me that much if they already had an alternate version of that ready to go since SH. The SH broodlord is one of my favourite models, I really wish that they would replace the current, ex-metal one with something similar. This would be the perfect opportunity.

Cheers.

Yes- I'd say the brood lord arriving as a plastic character pack is very likely - as all the recent releases have had a plastic character and the broodlord is the only infantry sized individual model the tyranid line has at the moment. Every other individual model is monstrous infantry sized -which GW are yet to tackle in an individual plastic pack.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:19 am 
Monstrosity

Hydra wrote:
I have to admit though, don't trust rumours until they are true ;)

Exactly what I'm thinking. While I love the rules posted on Natfka's site, they're a little *too* good. They look a lot like wishlisting. Granted, the 5e codex was way underpowered with only a few useful and good units, and everything too expensive, but that doesn't mean all of that will flip in 6e.

I expect to see something between the current codex and what's being displayed as rumors now. The theme for 6e so far has been very balanced codexes, and I'd expect ours to be in that vein.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:11 pm 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

Silverstu wrote:
Yes- I'd say the brood lord arriving as a plastic character pack is very likely - as all the recent releases have had a plastic character and the broodlord is the only infantry sized individual model the tyranid line has at the moment. Every other individual model is monstrous infantry sized -which GW are yet to tackle in an individual plastic pack.

I think you're mixing up the broodlord and the tyranid prime. The broodlord is even an upgrade character instead of an individual plastic model...

And then there's the 'special characters' of course, but I doubt they'll be made in plastic

Hive Fleet Charybdis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 73  Next