Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 73  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nidcember / sixth edition Tyranid rumours
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:59 pm 
Little One

brassangel wrote:
The trade off will be a codex with more options - that make sense - and a wider variety of competitive lists.

...we hope. [crosses claws].
Welcome to the crazy phase.
Now that the WD pics have leaked, it's the widespread frantic attempts trying to extrapolate the new rules from the promotional (and likely staged) "Battle Report" in the WD. If someone has their claws on the codex, they are keeping pretty quiet. The one guy over on Warseer from Poland may have it, but he doesn't seem to be a Nid player and is currently just confirming or denying other peoples rumors at this point without really saying anything. I'm hearing a lot of guessing concerning "Magna Grapple", Haywire, AA missiles, super Vector Strikes, internal transporting, vomiting up Stealers directly into assault and some point cost drops that honestly just seem to good to be true.
I could be wrong but I don't think we are going to see any real rules till someone spills the Dex besides the stuff clearly explained in the WD Bat report.

Please remain calm, do not yet leave your birthing chambers. Their will be enough biomass for everyone. You will know when it's time to disembark from your Hive ship.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:38 pm 
Monstrosity

I, for one, wish to rename the Haruspex the more appropriate "GWARBLEAKRLAKJLDUFLKJFLAJ!!!!" Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:02 pm 
Little One

Snapdragon wrote:
I, for one, wish to rename the Haruspex the more appropriate "GWARBLEAKRLAKJLDUFLKJFLAJ!!!!" Thoughts?

Well, I for one intend to name mine "Mr. F@%k-you-upugus." That will do nicely, I should think.

"The Call of Cthulhu" (Lovecraft, 1928)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:39 am 
Biotitan

IT IS THE OMANOMICON

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:43 am 
Little One

The old Epic name Haruspex works for me. I played back in those days too, so it's nice to see a tip of the cap to this stuff. The Lord of Skulls thing was a cheeky throwback as well.

Current Projects: (January 14, 2017) Completed "Aspiring Deathbringer" and now taking commissions!

CHECK OUT THE GALLERY AND SERVICE OPTIONS!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:26 am 
Medium One

KrewL RaiN wrote:
IT IS THE OMANOMICON

OMNOMICON?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:34 am 
Little One

From Natfka

Quote:
All of a sudden with so much information flowing about Tyranids, there has been some false rumors spread into the mix, and Endobai has spent some time to go through and answer a few of the questions on rumors found through the internet and validate or give us his insight on them.

Endobai's information is very solid, and I will not go into the specifics on why, but he is speaking from what he has seen. So lets take a look at what he has said recently over on Warseer.

Please remember that these are rumors, and some salt is always required.

via Endobai on Warseer
With the dam broken I am satisfied with my work and can use recently gained (un)deserved fame and glory for the benefit of humanity elsewhere.
I'll start with the benefit of one human, namely myself - which unfortunatelly takes time and effort.

Since I cannot afford answering all the PMs (sorry guys, but a dozen? Have mercy.) I will go through this single post.

You must understand that disproving fakes sometimes takes more time than writing something, even in enigmatic (living in the city where the Enigma was broken helped) Alpha Legion/Eldar style.
I am not a Tyranind player and each time I have to check the (still) current Tyranid codex to see if I make a mistake which would no doubt haunt me for the eternity in the endless depths of the Internet.

Recent rumours, most likely from 4chan are mostly valid, but there are fakes coming from more... creative sources.
Some might be still spot on, so I will only discuss those things I can confirm or deny easily.

Endobai responses are bold italics
1. Synapse gives eternal warrior
Not proven yet.
Seems a good deduction considering the price of the Warriors which remains more or less unchanged, but so far I have no solid confirmation.

2. Gargoyles are troops.
Cannot confirm that. FOC changes via HQs are possible, but right now just a speculation.

3. Trygons (primes), Carnifex, Hive Tyrant, Tyrannofex, Venomthropes have significant point decreases
True. Values are posted elsewhere, cannot tell if all are accurate, but in general there is a point decrease.

4. Zoanthropes come with Psychic Scream, and warp blast as standard
Nothing supporting this. I said some creatures are assigned specific powers and in this case it is a prime candidate, but right now I cannot say a definitive yes.

5. Brain leach devourers no longer strength 6
6. The Crone has a massive vector strike
Don't remember, but both are quite likely.

7. Tervigon, Warriors, gene stealers have significant price increases
Warriors and Genes stay the same, upgrades are either cheaper or more expensive, but the basic cost is identical.
Tervigon is more expensive, by about a nude Warrior cost.

8. No Doom, Parasite, Spore pod.
Cannot say for sure, but no confirmation they are and no traces of their presence I could find.

9. The big cannon bug has two different firing modes, one being a D3 Large Blast and one being multiple high strength, low AP shooting attacks.
Have no idea why it is supposedly D3. One concentated large blast with Ap2 and S7 or six lesser shots (six barrels).

BTW
Interesting bit. The gun is the brain of the creature, the grinning imbecile below is just the muscle useful to allow the brain to calculate all those things it likes and no doubt design subtle works of surreal art from the splattered remains of the enemy. Think Master-Blaster from 'Mad Max 3'.

10. Hungry eyes bug has the ability to magna grapple vehicles and enemy troops.
Nice, but pure speculation so far.

Psychic powers
Primaris: Dominion, blessing, +6" synapse range for the caster
Don't remember.
Catalyst - FnP for caster and unit, and another unit in 12"
True.
the Horror - Broodlord have this power
True.
5. Psychic Scream - 1 charge, nova 6", each target takes 2d6+2 minus its Ld wounds without covers and armors
6. Warp Blast - 2charges, witchfire, unchanged
Don't remember.

Will have access to BRB powers.
No reason to disprove it now or earlier.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:39 am 
Biomass

cover

[Open in new window]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:37 pm 
Monstrosity

Dracan wrote:

coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:38 pm 
Medium One

Haruspex artwork:
[Open in new window]

Spore mines
[Open in new window]

BTW It's good to be back :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:17 pm 
Little One

That artwork makes my do a major gribbly happy dance!

I promised myself I'd get the Limited Edition Tyranid codex and by jings in hell I shall!

Loving the new models a lot! Spore mines don't look as cool as they did though, better snap up some old ones while i still can. Do you think that these spore mines suggests the rumoured biovore/pyrovore plastic kit then? And if that's the case, a 2nd wave in February? :)

I can feel an extra set of limbs growing already.

Iron Nid out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:39 pm 
Monstrosity

Iron Nid wrote:
That artwork makes my do a major gribbly happy dance!

I promised myself I'd get the Limited Edition Tyranid codex and by jings in hell I shall!

Loving the new models a lot! Spore mines don't look as cool as they did though, better snap up some old ones while i still can. Do you think that these spore mines suggests the rumoured biovore/pyrovore plastic kit then? And if that's the case, a 2nd wave in February? :)

I can feel an extra set of limbs growing already.

Iron Nid out.

I've got 30 of the old mines (ten of each kind), but I like the way the new ones look, and they're probably plastic, too. Hoping they bring back the three types of mines, and drop the one generic version. It was so much fun to drop a big blast on Guard or an acid bomb on Smurfs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:43 pm 
Medium One

Snapdragon wrote:
I like the way the new ones look, and they're probably plastic, too.

These comes from Harpy kit, so they're plastic (as all the release)

Interesting bit of fluff on Exocrine (from Apocalypse40k.blogspot.com):
Quote:
The gun is the brain of the creature, the grinning imbecile below is just the muscle useful to allow the brain to calculate all those things it likes and no doubt design subtle works of surreal art from the splattered remains of the enemy. Think Master-Blaster from 'Mad Max 3'.

Makes me want to turn her into a Dominatrix :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:12 pm 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

The artwork of the cover is a very well done picture of a tyranid. However, I'd say that in that, it covers what I think to be codex: Tyranids rather poorly. Which is about the unending waves of nameless, faceless gribblies, and not the hero who stands there looking awesome. While the art itself is sublime, the theme seems more fitting for a space marine cover.

That said - we could've done a lot worse :)

Hive Fleet Charybdis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:36 pm 
Biotitan

This cannot be the Tyranid Codex cover. There's no Carnifex on it....

I Spent 90% of My Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 73  Next