Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 73  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nidvember???
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:13 pm 
Not Loukang

Emperor God save the Norn Queen !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:54 pm 
Biomass

This rumor post on BoLS reads like huge wishlist and feels a little too good to be true but even if half of it will come to pass it will be great.
I'm a converter not a player so I'm mainly looking forward to new models - especially new plastic kits.
Plastic Harpy/something sounds great. So does this "Big Bug" that screams "Dominatrix" :D (size is about right - comparing to the FW Hieropant; so is larger synapse radius - nothing else we know of from Epic was a synapse creature).
I'm a little more cautious about hive/tyrant guard kit and new termagant sprues with more weapon options but they would be even better (since I can't afford big guys anyway).
Plastic Spore and Capillary Towers would be nice too but that's just MY wishlisting :)
As far as the new rule go I would like to see rise in the speed and mobility of some critters. Tyranids were always (at least in my eyes) focused on close combat. We are supposed to close in quickly and swamp enemy with avalanche of tooth and claw not provide every other army with a shooting gallery. Upgrading Fleet rule, making Hormagaunts Beasts again, allowing at least some units to assault out of deep strike... It would be nice but it might *gasp* hurt the Space Marines so forget it ;P
I wonder how the new Prime, Doom and Parasite will look like...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:45 am 
Medium One

I'm willing to wager a big increase in points cost for the Doom. I always thought that guy was underpriced.

Being a big lictor fan myself, the raise in points cost doesn't make sense, they're kind of pricey already. Maybe this "Surprise" rule will pay off.

I hope so.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:08 am 
Broodling

Hydra wrote:
[LictorMode/off]

A Lictor of mine told me, that the skymother will bring us new goodness at the start of the next year.

Magos Kelly asked about this, just smirked (as you can see on the frontpage) and reminded me about the trouble he got into the last time something passed his lips.

You should have seen the glitter and the endless hunger in his eyes...

[LictorMode/on]

Cheers Hydra! That is great news! Fits what Harry and Hastings where saying on Warseer in terms of timing and I love the idea of Kelly being involved- really love his writing as well as his passion for Nids.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:33 am 
Medium One

More rumours from faeit

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/tyranids-can-ally-with-themselves.html?m=1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:21 am 
Medium One

I like what they're saying about warriors. I'd we can cream a small brood in with gaunts. They just became awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:33 am 
Medium One

Adding warriors to other broods!
Giiving warriors a purpose in addition to being in a brood comprising wholly of warriors!
Trying to get people to use more warriors and thus buy more warriors!

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Could this indicate a new warrior box set?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:18 pm 
Little One

Hydra wrote:
[LictorMode/off]

A Lictor of mine told me, that the skymother will bring us new goodness at the start of the next year.

Magos Kelly asked about this, just smirked (as you can see on the frontpage) and reminded me about the trouble he got into the last time something passed his lips.

You should have seen the glitter and the endless hunger in his eyes...

[LictorMode/on]

OK, now I'm excited. I will have an uncontrollable nervous tick for the next 3-5 months.

There are endless ways our codex could be changed, it is going to be hard waiting to see what they have actually done.

The Serpents' Breath - Dark Eldar Scourge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:09 pm 
Biotitan

Nard Prime wrote:
Adding warriors to other broods!
Giiving warriors a purpose in addition to being in a brood comprising wholly of warriors!

Tyranid Sergeants. Makes perfect sense. Keep those Broods in line!

I Spent 90% of My Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:17 pm 
Broodling

Posted by Vombatti on Warseer- these are interesting

someone posted these on 4chan.

>Army-wide notes
>- No FOC and ally table changes
>- Devastation and Adaptation are new power tables with 3 powers each + primaris.
>- Primaris for Devastation = Warp Blast, Adaptation = Onslaught (similar to battle-focus)
>- All Tyranid powers can be used with either one or two charges to increase the effect.
>- Ravenous Advance: Units with this rule can run & assault in the same turn.
>- The Ground Trembles: All MC cause d3 Hammer of Wrath hits.
>- Red Terror, Deathleaper and Old One Eye are unique upgrades to their respective broods.
>Harpy/Erinye, plastic dual kit.
>- Harpy is designed to kill infantry hordes/provide support via its special vector strike.
>- Vector striking it can either use Spore Mine Cyst to create blasts along the path or Sonic Screech to halve initiative and cause a pinning test.
>- Erinye is an AA variant in Elite, very different front torso/head piece with gribbly tentacles.
>- Increased Swoop speed and its gimmick is grappling other flyers.
>- Vector strike -> dice roll 4+ -> the enemy flyer is dragged directly behind where the Erinye ended its move, including a new facing.
>- Both can buy broods of Gargoyles that can drop off in the movement phase when not vector striking.
>Zoanthrope (Doom)/Genethrope, plastic dual kit.
>- Zoanthropes are ML1 psykers, have access to the Devastation, Telepathy, Telekinesis tables.
>- Genethropes are similar, but have access to the Adaptation and Biomancy tables.
>- New unique biomorphs. Increased Shadow in the Warp range, Deny the Witch boost aura, two others.
>- Both types can upgrade up to ML2 but only ever get 1 power, each Elite choice is a unit of 1-3 that can contain mixded Zoan and Gene.
>- Doom has access to all the above tables and comes with Essence Leech and 3 powers.
>- Consumes a wound every time it uses a power (except for Leech), but can keep casting until a Perils roll or its down to 1 wound.
>Mycetic Spore/Mycetic Hive Node, plastic dual kit
>- Spore is a Dedicated Transport, notable changes are that SC can join and MC broods can all opt to get spores.
>- Hive Nodes are bought by HQ models (1-3 choice for Tyrants, 1 for every other HQ), no transport capacity.
>- Nodes provide Synapse and can be configured in one of many ways. Grants poison or shrouding to nearby units or terraforms (Dangerous Terrain) the surroundings.
>Carnifex
>- Old unused bimorphs in the box are options again.
>- Base cost the same but upgrades are much, much cheaper overall but lots of "only buy 1 out of this list" kind of choices which greatly limits what a fex can have.
>- Tusked gives HoW an AP value, Thornback increases the number of HoW hits.
>- Enhanced Senses gives Night Fighting.
>- Tail Scythe & Tail Mace each deliver a single hit to all models in BtB at Ini 1, with different stats.
>- Living Battering Ram rule: Changed to allow the Carnifex to assault the contents of a building/transport on a 4+ if it was destroyed by its charge, rolled once for the brood.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:48 pm 
Little One

Some interesting things there but one thing jumped out at me don't know why - Carnifex, enhanced senses head allows nightfighting. At which point would you pay points to allow your Carnifex to shoot in the first turn on the chance you can overcome the issues of night fighting. Or do you expect your Carnifex to still be alive at turn 5?

Not to cast doubt on any of the rumours, they all seem a little more considered than usual it's just with all these scraps there always seems to be a stupid rule. Like there was something the other day about us getting some sepcial rule for grounding FMCs? Who has FMCs? Nids! And Chaos Daemons, Heldrakes not an FMC is it? and Night Scythe, Vendettas and Storm Budgies are definitely all vehicles so colour me underwhelmed yet again.

I love rumours, I really do, but the promise of something cool and new and then you read what it is... Then when the actual codex comes out and the cool stuff is rubbish (Nephilim Jetfighter) its even more disappointing. Still, I am looking forward to the new Codex, the rumours are just a dirty guilty pleasure, like reading Heat magazine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:04 pm 
Medium One

I wouldn't be to swayed by stupid rules - they make their way into the codexes often enough.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:24 pm 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

all these rumors make me go "omg, I need to finish all the tyranids I still have unpainted in my home so I can pick up new ones as the new dex comes out!"

Kinda like what rumors are supposed to do, I guess.

Anyone else have the same?

Hive Fleet Charybdis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:32 pm 
Great Devourer

I've gone the other way Vonny. I want to get as all the non-tyranid projects finished and off my painting table before the next codex drops. I'm hoping for a frenzy of tyranid building and painting after it does. :)

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:57 pm 
Medium One

I'm with you Vonny. I've got 5 MCs and a squad of devil gaunts that have started to burn a hole in my mind.

I already know I'll buy when the new Dex drops in just going to finally be caught up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 73  Next