Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 73  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nidvember???
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:14 pm 
Deathleaper

MysteryShadow wrote:
According to Bell of Lost Souls:

Lictors – small point increase, gain new “Surprise!” rule (all shots against Lictors the turn after they appear are snap shots). DeathLeaper now an upgrade character.

D: Do not like. Point increase? Ew. I want Lictor's to be able to assault the turn they arrive. Forget this "Surprise." I'd rather have them locked in combat and thus next turn, the pheromone trail kicks in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:51 pm 
Medium One

I think I've finally come to terms with Lictors never being walking slaughterhouses, all I want now it's for them to have a useful comes in to play ability like a root (all e enemy units in 6" count as moving in difficult terrain) or all shots from a unit are taken as snap shots (no test)

Well have to wait and see what happens.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:30 pm 
Biotitan

If that rumored "Surprise!" rule works on vehicles, that could be huge. Imagine forcing Vindicators and other vehicles that shoot devastating blast and template weapons to forego their shooting due to the Snap Shot rule. Not bad. As long as it triggers at the start of Movement rather than after Movement, I think that's a great tweak.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:46 pm 
Big One

Tropic Thunder wrote:
If that rumored "Surprise!" rule works on vehicles, that could be huge. Imagine forcing Vindicators and other vehicles that shoot devastating blast and template weapons to forego their shooting due to the Snap Shot rule. Not bad. As long as it triggers at the start of Movement rather than after Movement, I think that's a great tweak.

But its only against the lictor, so they will ignore it with blasts and just krak missile it in the face as per the norm. :) If they even consider it a threat!

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:08 am 
Broodling

They won't "just" do it, it's still on a 6 only, which is a huge difference and (imo) a big deterrent, when they can shoot at other stuff, possibly big nasties, without penalties.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:49 am 
Monstrosity

The rumors sound really interesting, but I'm not sure how much of that is wishlisting. The 6e codexes, if anything, have been really balanced. Since our army was anything but in 5e, I expect some units to get nerfed (tervs) and most to get some kind of bump.

Still, the draw and lore of the Tyranids is horde armies, so I fully expect the ability to field numerous cheap, expendable, relatively weak units. Carnifex will likely still be a glass cannon, but won't cost as much as superheavy tank, for example.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:30 am 
Medium One

Maybe we'll see the carnifex move back to its 85pt base cost...

Though I doubt it will be that cheap ever again.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:55 pm 
Deathleaper

6262 wrote:
Maybe we'll see the carnifex move back to its 85pt base cost...

Though I doubt it will be that cheap ever again.

Oh man.. that's some serious wishlisting right there. Fingers crossed though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:40 pm 
Medium One

Great new rules would be fantastic but the important thing for me is that we will get new models soon. Even if the rules are crap I will still buy the models because..........lets face it, they are nids and they will look the business.

I am looking forward to a big monster even if the price is extortionate. Based on the current rumours I would like to think it will be the dominatrix (even if it will not be the 40k scale equivalent to the old epic model).

What I would love to see is:
Codex suppliment: Genestealer cult
Plastic hybrid box set (including familiar style mini genestealers on the sprue)
Finecrap magus
Fincrap patriarch (old school fat version)
Broodbrother plus vehicle conversion bits

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:23 pm 
Little One

Although I will not believe a single thing, or even get my hopes up, until I see the first pic, I am really tired of the current 'dex and want a new one. As Centurion said, it couldn't be worse.

Greater balance, more evenly costed, the elite slot emptied a bit and cheaper 'Fexes, all this and more would be nice. And an altered FOC structure would be sweet, I do not want allies, at all. There's a new tournie coming to town later this year with this structure already in place for us. I must say I was very impressed when I saw that.

But like 6262, it is options that I want the most. All flying. All burrowing. All assault. Psychic wizardy. Differing abilities with different HQ's. Etc. This will put the magic back for me.

And plasticisized FW spore chimneys and capillary towers. For Pete's sake, c'mon!

The Serpents' Breath - Dark Eldar Scourge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:03 am 
Medium One

New info from faeit

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/tyranids-week-of-information.html?m=1

Carnifex - significant cost reduction

Harpy – big overhaul. New model/dual-combo kit, Flying Monstrous, Sonic Screech combines with Vector striking. Additional Spore Mine Cysts may be purchased as upgrades. Default Stranglethorn has new upgrade options. 

New Flyer - Fast Attack choice, the alternative build for the Harpy kit.

Ymgarl Genestealers - Special arrival rule is shared with the Lictor, may now purchase standard Genestealer biomorph upgrades.

Hiveguard: new weapon upgrade option (available to a handful of units) that grants skyfire with an "enhanced ability" to ground FMCs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:44 am 
Deathleaper

Nard Prime wrote:

Ymgarl Genestealers - Special arrival rule is shared with the Lictor, may now purchase standard Genestealer biomorph upgrades.

No word on whether the assault ability is being taken away. I'm curious as to how this is going to play out. Arriving anywhere on the board 1" from enemy models is nice and all... but if they suffer from the same thing the Lictors do and sit there for a whole turn and take fire, it seems kind of pointless.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:33 am 
Big One

Nard Prime wrote:
New info from faeit

Harpy – big overhaul. New model/dual-combo kit, Flying Monstrous, Sonic Screech combines with Vector striking. Additional Spore Mine Cysts may be purchased as upgrades. Default Stranglethorn has new upgrade options. 

How would Sonic Screech combine with Vector Striking? Under current definitions SS happens in the assault phase and VS in the Movement phase. Or am I missing something?

Hive Fleet Antiquitus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:18 pm 
Big One

Scrotatohead wrote:
Nard Prime wrote:
New info from faeit

How would Sonic Screech combine with Vector Striking? Under current definitions SS happens in the assault phase and VS in the Movement phase. Or am I missing something?

Maybe the harpies vector strike causes concussive now? So you make them I1, then other nids assault them.

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:01 pm 
Hydraphant

[LictorMode/off]

A Lictor of mine told me, that the skymother will bring us new goodness at the start of the next year.

Magos Kelly asked about this, just smirked (as you can see on the frontpage) and reminded me about the trouble he got into the last time something passed his lips.

You should have seen the glitter and the endless hunger in his eyes...

[LictorMode/on]

"I'm gona sing the DOOM-song now: DOOm, DOOOMDOOOOOM,DOM, DOOOOOHM,DOOM...."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 73  Next