Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 73  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nidcember / sixth edition Tyranid rumours
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:43 pm 
Big One

Has anyone gotten news on the codex itself? Id love to get a harpy model and some new creatures but my army is over 10k. I have plenty of lists to try. But its the new rules and abillities im interested in. The unique psychic powers. And even better usuable warlord traits. I hate the main books universal traits are virtualy useless.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:41 pm 
Monstrosity

Hey, Forest: if past codexes are any indicators, we won't be getting real confirmations on the codex until they're about a week away from drop. Or at least not rumors we can substantiate (they're always missing key parts, or told by someone who doesn't know the army or the rules). Best to just hold your breath and wait for this tidal wave to hit.

And get a Haruspex. Because duh.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:58 am 
Little One

Snapdragon wrote:
timdp wrote:
Snapdragon wrote:
Makes sense: saves them from having to make a model.

And give all those other companies who built one a kick in the nuts. This makes totally sense for GW. All those entries which could take a pod can now take a malefactor instead - genius

If drop pods are gone then I would bet the Doom and Parasite are also gone as well for the same reasons, unless there are build options in the new kits.

No drop pods is a pretty serious fluff crash though. How do 'Nids land on the planets again?

T

Well, you still have the rules for deepstriking. The fluff on the droppods says they dissolve or rot away pretty quick on impact, so it's not a huge stretch for them to just retcon the actual MC out of existence. Just say that you "Deploy by droppod" and then the Droppod is destroyed on landing. No need for an actual intervening model.

It would be like building a model for a teleportation effect for Terminators: there's no need.

Now I'm not saying that's actually what's going to happen, and as I've said before, I'd LOVE to have nine of those snotpods, but I could easily see them just changing it to a deployment mode rather than an actual model.

Yeah, and I'm completely fine with that. It became nothing more than a glorified piece of terrain anyway.

The loss of the Mycetic Spore won't be driven by some sort of need to swipe at the 3rd party market (as much as some people might want it to be). Instead it'll simply be down to economics.

The Drop Pod was a risky kit because it only exists in two forms - off the table, yet to arrive; or on the table, doing nothing. It has one role, and once it does that one thing it really doesn't do much for the rest of the game other than sit there. What mitigates the risk is that it's a unit for the most popular and best-selling army and multiple other armies (Wolves, BA's, DA's, etc.) can use them as well.

The Spore though? Tyranids. That's it. They are the only army that uses it meaning an expensive plastic kit that either sits off the table doing nothing, or on the table doing nothing (unlike other Tyranid units which play an active role in the game). It's just not commercially viable, and that's before you factor in the Rule of Cool. Who wants a nice big bladed snake thing? Or a giant four armed monster?! ...or a flesh egg/pod thingy...

I'll take a big, cool monster any day, and it makes more sense for GW.

Current Projects: (January 14, 2017) Completed "Aspiring Deathbringer" and now taking commissions!

CHECK OUT THE GALLERY AND SERVICE OPTIONS!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:24 am 
Not Loukang

Hello mates,

As a matter of fact, without a mycetic Spore model, the biggest advantage is not giving away an easy KP :)
Maybe the deepstriking models can gain a temporary cover save with all that mucus around.

Cheers,

Lak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:40 am 
Monstrosity

I had a house rule that, if the Pod decided to forego attacks for a round, it could drag itself 1d6". I reasoned it used those Ripper Tentacles to pull itself along.

I don't think I ever actually killed anything with it, but it WAS horrifying.

edit: Anyone else madly clicking "refresh" on Warseer? In theory, pics of some of the new nids are dropping either today or tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:57 pm 
Biomass

Snapdragon wrote:
I had a house rule that, if the Pod decided to forego attacks for a round, it could drag itself 1d6". I reasoned it used those Ripper Tentacles to pull itself along.

I don't think I ever actually killed anything with it, but it WAS horrifying.

edit: Anyone else madly clicking "refresh" on Warseer? In theory, pics of some of the new nids are dropping either today or tomorrow.

Yep!! Madly clicking the refresh button on warseer sine Endobai seems pretty credible at the moment and has supplied quite a bit of info, even if some of it isa little vague so far.

Hopefully more concrete stuff plus pics today or tomorrow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:31 pm 
Little One

Endobai himself only said pics should start showing up within a week or so. Some guy from 4chan claims they will be up today.

Current Projects: (January 14, 2017) Completed "Aspiring Deathbringer" and now taking commissions!

CHECK OUT THE GALLERY AND SERVICE OPTIONS!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:17 pm 
Monstrosity

Even Endobai was suggesting they should pop up in the next day or two, but he might have just been reading the same rumor we were.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:30 pm 
Medium One

I can feel a pink Haruspex or two coming round.

NOW WHERE ARE THE IMAGES YOU RUMOUR MONGERING TEASERS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:44 pm 
Medium One

Snapdragon wrote:

It is now 22:35 UK time and I have been checking all the usual sites all day. My clicking finger cannot click anymore. If anyone finds anything over the course of the next 24 hours please post it here first. I cannot read through the endless discussions on warseer anymore and I have checked faeit so many times today that im starting to think that I look at his blog more than he does. As for bols.....the image of the lounge title bar is burned into my retinas and I can see it when I close my eyes AHHHHHHRRGGGG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:01 pm 
Monstrosity

Nard Prime wrote:
Snapdragon wrote:

It is now 22:35 UK time and I have been checking all the usual sites all day. My clicking finger cannot click anymore. If anyone finds anything over the course of the next 24 hours please post it here first. I cannot read through the endless discussions on warseer anymore and I have checked faeit so many times today that im starting to think that I look at his blog more than he does. As for bols.....the image of the lounge title bar is burned into my retinas and I can see it when I close my eyes AHHHHHHRRGGGG

All of this.

*twitches*

And just like that:

[Open in new window]

(*warseer)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:08 pm 
Deathleaper

Snapdragon wrote:

All of this.

*twitches*

And just like that:

[Open in new window]

(*warseer)

Is that... a PRIME?!? or just the new warrior look? Either way. SQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:10 pm 
Deathleaper

This was posted on warseer just now as well...

[Open in new window]

GIMMEH!

Looks like its attached to a flyer's wing. Very lash whip looking.

Last edited by ProjectThanatos on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:10 pm 
Monstrosity

And this just dropped too:

[Open in new window]

Looks like a 'nid bomb to me, boys and girls. Harpy's going to be coooooooooooool

[edit: ninja'd!]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:14 pm 
Deathleaper

DA BIG BUG!!!!

[Open in new window]

:shock:

An Exocrine according to some...

[Open in new window]

Very different from its EPIC form but damn that's a big gun!

Last edited by ProjectThanatos on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 73  Next