Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 73  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nidcember / sixth edition Tyranid rumours
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:13 pm 
Medium One

Nard Prime wrote:

Are the tyrant guard/hive guard on the new centurion bases? Those models look quite big.

As Vonny said someone thought that they might be 50mm bases and I definitely agree. Proportions are not right for a 40mm.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:35 pm 
Little One

KrewL RaiN wrote:
This is going to be the best January ever. Now I am not so bummed about turning 30! lol

http://youtu.be/h-LbvFckptY

I think so too. Really glad I kept "off the books" slush fund now... The old lady would flip if she knew how much this release is gonna cost me.
Enjoy 30 now, 40+ doesn't get any better (and I'm one of the younger ones in my play group)!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:01 pm 
Monstrosity

I can't stop clicking on that pic of the Haruspex. My desk is covered in drool. COVERED.

I am going to convert that SO HARD...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:06 pm 
Deathleaper

Snapdragon wrote:
I can't stop clicking on that pic of the Haruspex. My desk is covered in drool. COVERED.

I'm more excited about magnetizing these puppies. I NEED OPTIONS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:38 pm 
Deathleaper

So the rumor mill has hinted at Synapse conveying Eternal Warrior... While that's a great thing to have... how awesome is it for our little ripper swarms? Anyone else really excited to see the Parasite finally make an appearance and really cause mayhem with ripper swarms everywhere?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:02 pm 
Monstrosity

Unfortunately, by all accounts, the Parasite, Doom, and Snotpod have been dropped in this edition. But it IS awesome that Rippers no longer die off when they're out of synapse. Out of a bad codex written by someone that clearly didn't understand Tyranids, that was the absolute worst rule.

So we're to understand that the mindless Rippers, that are little more than roving stomachs with teeth, all had to be herded by a Warrior or something even bigger that had synapse? Dumb.

Glad they dumped that rule (if rumors hold). Sorry we lost the Parasite, though: had a lot of fun rules with that one and she was glorious to take against Guard and Tau.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:09 pm 
The Red Terror

Long time, no see/type/read :lol:

The new Nids look great. Especially love the Crone/Harpy. The more winged gribblies the better. Can't wait to see what kind of conversions come out of this edition.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:26 pm 
Deathleaper

Snapdragon wrote:
Unfortunately, by all accounts, the Parasite, Doom, and Snotpod have been dropped in this edition.

I'm still hoping this isn't true. :( The parasite was one of the models I really, really wanted to see. The rules for it are just unique and so much fun.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:37 pm 
Biotitan

We should have a Haruspex build-a-thon since so many love dat mouth lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:59 pm 
Not Loukang

About the removed (fromthe game) models, GW may plan to relaease models later. Including the rules in the box/clamshell. Thereis a precedent with the fortification Vengeance Battery if I am correct.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:18 pm 
Great Devourer

Snapdragon wrote:

I think there is an unwritten rule that says you have to like it Snappy - It looks a whole lot like your old concept diagram.
[Open in new window]
I've always loved that drawing, and so it makes sense that I love the malefactor/ haruspex photos too. :D

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:35 pm 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

lakouang wrote:
About the removed (fromthe game) models, GW may plan to relaease models later. Including the rules in the box/clamshell. Thereis a precedent with the fortification Vengeance Battery if I am correct.

or perhaps with a dataslate release like they did with be'lakor. That wouldn't surprise me.

Hive Fleet Charybdis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:44 pm 
Monstrosity

Yaleling wrote:
Snapdragon wrote:

I think there is an unwritten rule that says you have to like it Snappy - It looks a whole lot like your old concept diagram.
[Open in new window]
I've always loved that drawing, and so it makes sense that I love the malefactor/ haruspex photos too. :D

Hahahaha - always loved that thing, but wasn't quite the 3D artist to pull it off. I'm still working on my Dom, though, so I'm glad they didn't release that one. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:08 pm 
Medium One

If the rumours are to be believed then is wish to preempt a saying which may become widespread after the release of the new codex.......SEND IN THE CRONES

Also maybe.....use the vagina face Haruspex to magna grapple the tank and crush it

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:18 pm 
Little One

ProjectThanatos wrote:
Snapdragon wrote:
Unfortunately, by all accounts, the Parasite, Doom, and Snotpod have been dropped in this edition.

I'm still hoping this isn't true. :( The parasite was one of the models I really, really wanted to see. The rules for it are just unique and so much fun.

I would set your hopes very, very low. I can almost promise it's not in the new codex.

That doesn't mean a Dataslate or something won't come along later, but for now, the trend is for GW to avoid rules for models in Supplements and Dataslates that don't exist. It's one thing if it already exists but just doesn't sell much anymore (Be'Lakor, Red Terror, etc.), but it's another to make an entirely new model that won't sell to begin with because not everyone buys Supplements or Dataslates. Especially for a non-Marine army.

The trade off will be a codex with more options - that make sense - and a wider variety of competitive lists.

Current Projects: (January 14, 2017) Completed "Aspiring Deathbringer" and now taking commissions!

CHECK OUT THE GALLERY AND SERVICE OPTIONS!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 73  Next