Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 73  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nidcember / sixth edition Tyranid rumours
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:34 am 
Little One

But you still get free tentacles! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:38 am 
Little One

The Tyrant Guard finally goes the direction Roberto Cerillio once presented in concept art.

Massive improvement over the smiling, skinny ones we first had; and definitely better than the knuckle-wakling, mono-pose pieces of Finecast.

They are far more dynamic looking now, and there's a lot more going on when you can see them in 3 dimensions.

Current Projects: (January 14, 2017) Completed "Aspiring Deathbringer" and now taking commissions!

CHECK OUT THE GALLERY AND SERVICE OPTIONS!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:47 am 
Medium One

vonny wrote:
Even though they tried, they can't compete with your pinkishness, Nard.

Maybe they need some tentacles coming out of the tentacles?

Those warriors are a recut of the old ones. They have just added the prime bits, BS/LW and rending claws but they are definitely the old ones. This does not bother me though because it means that I will have more money to spend on big buggers and those epic tyrant guard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:48 am 
Biotitan

FINALLY!!!!!!! *Going into happy rage mode and throwing money at the monitor till it breaks" XDDDD

http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Katan+the+Unleashed
5th Dimension Blog:
http://5-th-dimension.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:49 am 
Little One

I think I read somewhere (Not sure it got posted here) that they will be making some online order only (maybe limited ed?) 20 gaunt boxes which costs about the same as the gaunt boxes now.

If that is true, I am not sure what to get first. I want to get the new units, but that is some damn cheap gaunts :S

I will definately be getting an exocrine, tyrant guard box and maybe a haruspex. The others might wait a bit :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:54 am 
Medium One

KrewL RaiN wrote:
Haruaspex = FEED ME SEYMOUR

lol tyrant guard is all I HAS xman wolverine HEAD ARMOUR. I'll stick with my old converted ones.

[Open in new window]

Are the tyrant guard/hive guard on the new centurion bases? Those models look quite big.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:58 am 
Medium One

ProjectThanatos wrote:
One more.. .NEW MODEL. The Crone?

[Open in new window]

This thing looks like the extra arms support acid bags.. maybe we get our own acid spitting Helldrakes? Ha!

I like the head. What are those bombs or maybe heatseaking gribbler missile?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:00 am 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

there was a guy who posted that he thought they were, but he has some trouble judging the base sizes so he didn't want to be held accountable on that :P

also... I am so happy it's my birthday in january, because I so want to get ALL of these things. I have no idea where I'd get the time to paint them though! I'm just... at a loss for words, my mind is spinning too fast!

Also, those bombs, I read a rumor on faeit we'd be getting a weapon type we never had before, possibly haywire. Some sort of bio-engineered half missile/half bomb self-seeking anti tank weapon bug?

Hive Fleet Charybdis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:03 am 
Little One

There's talk about it over at warseer, that they are anti-air missile bugs.

More or less the "harpy" equivalent (They call it a Crone, but we will see) should be a primary anti-air bomber or something like that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:05 am 

Seriously though, I feel like doing the despicable me "It's so fluffyyyyyyyyyyyyy!", but on the nids.

"They're so fluffyyyyyy!" *hops around exitedly*

Hive Fleet Charybdis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:06 am 
Little One

Teodo wrote:
I think I read somewhere (Not sure it got posted here) that they will be making some online order only (maybe limited ed?) 20 gaunt boxes which costs about the same as the gaunt boxes now.

If that is true, I am not sure what to get first. I want to get the new units, but that is some damn cheap gaunts :S

I will definately be getting an exocrine, tyrant guard box and maybe a haruspex. The others might wait a bit :P

Hormagaunts and Termagants will each have a box of 20 models for $33 (US), but it will be direct-only.

Still, that vs. $30 for 12? Seems pretty nice of GW.

Why they are retconning the basic troop to online-only, however, is a mystery. Along with the other stuff moving to direct, it makes me wonder if they are planning another wave.

Current Projects: (January 14, 2017) Completed "Aspiring Deathbringer" and now taking commissions!

CHECK OUT THE GALLERY AND SERVICE OPTIONS!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:15 am 
Little One

Maybe they are. Maybe they are not. I won't expect it (That way I won't be dissapointed).

Can be that they keep the old gaunt boxes in retailers store, but make the 20 piece boxes direct only to keep the gold flowing through there. At least it will be dead more cheap than they are in non discount retailers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:19 am 
Not Loukang

Well that s what we can call a fat release :)

Fat because all the models seems botox blotted. Inflated from the inide. Nearly about to explode of awesomeness and glorious self-esteem.

I still find some design questionnable,but well as every release, I will wait for other pictures.

The only point I feel bad is about the warriors. The design was rock solid back in the days, but I am speechless with the size of the refitted VC and BS. Am I the only one to find them poorly redesigned? The lower arms seems grotesquely oversized.

The Hiveguard seems to walk with an oversized cardbox mask glued on his chest. Hello, I can block bullets even the ones that should have missed me. Will you please not move? My arms can not reach you because of that big chunk of carapace :) I had the same feelings with Centurions. Some tweaking will improve them. I can sense a lot of modeling contest in the near future!

Beside that I am really Harpy of the new release. Santa will also be happy to lure all of my money away from a motorbike licence or new bluejeans.

Lak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:39 am 

try switching out the lower and upper arms on the warriors - that might solve a few of the problems. And even if you don't, I don't think it's as bad as it used to be.

And it looks like the big chunk of carapace on the tyrant guard is actually placed in such a way as to block bullets to the tyrant, but not to get in the way of the arms (which seem to reach underneath). I must admit, from the current angle of the shot it looks pretty... meh, but I'm sure if we get a better angle that they look awesome.

Hive Fleet Charybdis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:45 am 
Little One

I like them a lot.
They actually looks like a living shield now, and not just a "bulky ape" or a "grinning swordsman".

According to endobai on warseer, the image doesn't do them justice. So hopefully they look even better (For my taste) :)

At least my tyrant will be well guarded from now on. Just not sure if I should get a shooty tyrant too :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 73  Next