Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 73  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nidcember / sixth edition Tyranid rumours
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:15 pm 
Monstrosity

Terrorfex wrote:
And give all those other companies who built one a kick in the nuts. This makes totally sense for GW. All those entries which could take a pod can now take a malefactor instead - genius

My thoughts exactly. Man, glad I didn't scratchbuild one...

Protest of one for win! :D

Thanks again for the info, Terrorfex.

Of the new guys, I figure I might have to eventually buy two of the Harpy model and one of the Haruspex ones (or two, if they're both great models). Other than that...I mean, I already have 14,000 points: it's already pretty obsessive and entering horder territory.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:22 pm 
Medium One

Snapdragon wrote:
Makes sense: saves them from having to make a model.

And give all those other companies who built one a kick in the nuts. This makes totally sense for GW. All those entries which could take a pod can now take a malefactor instead - genius

If drop pods are gone then I would bet the Doom and Parasite are also gone as well for the same reasons, unless there are build options in the new kits.

No drop pods is a pretty serious fluff crash though. How do 'Nids land on the planets again?

T

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:36 pm 
Monstrosity

timdp wrote:
Snapdragon wrote:

If drop pods are gone then I would bet the Doom and Parasite are also gone as well for the same reasons, unless there are build options in the new kits.

No drop pods is a pretty serious fluff crash though. How do 'Nids land on the planets again?

T

Well, you still have the rules for deepstriking. The fluff on the droppods says they dissolve or rot away pretty quick on impact, so it's not a huge stretch for them to just retcon the actual MC out of existence. Just say that you "Deploy by droppod" and then the Droppod is destroyed on landing. No need for an actual intervening model.

It would be like building a model for a teleportation effect for Terminators: there's no need.

Now I'm not saying that's actually what's going to happen, and as I've said before, I'd LOVE to have nine of those snotpods, but I could easily see them just changing it to a deployment mode rather than an actual model.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:43 pm 
Medium One

timdp wrote:

HaHaHaHa. Nids no longer use spores.......because they have now been replaced with Haruspex's which are no longer ground based but are deployed from orbit and somehow free fall to the surface and become a transport. They can also turn into a microwave if the gaunts get hungry :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:45 pm 
Biotitan

*does the can has image leek soon please dance*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:32 pm 
Biotitan

Snapdragon wrote:
Terrorfex wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Man, glad I didn't scratchbuild one...

Protest of one for win! :D

Thanks again for the info, Terrorfex.

Of the new guys, I figure I might have to eventually buy two of the Harpy model and one of the Haruspex ones (or two, if they're both great models). Other than that...I mean, I already have 14,000 points: it's already pretty obsessive and entering horder territory.

I have three - but I am a bug nerd and will get each kit twice anyway xD

Snapdragon wrote:
timdp wrote:
Snapdragon wrote:

T

Well, you still have the rules for deepstriking. The fluff on the droppods says they dissolve or rot away pretty quick on impact, so it's not a huge stretch for them to just retcon the actual MC out of existence. Just say that you "Deploy by droppod" and then the Droppod is destroyed on landing. No need for an actual intervening model.

It would be like building a model for a teleportation effect for Terminators: there's no need.

Now I'm not saying that's actually what's going to happen, and as I've said before, I'd LOVE to have nine of those snotpods, but I could easily see them just changing it to a deployment mode rather than an actual model.

I am totally fine with that,too. The rules can be used without a model. If I need to decide between a Drop Pod Release and a Haruspex….I know what I want :D

http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Katan+the+Unleashed
5th Dimension Blog:
http://5-th-dimension.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:56 pm 
Biomass

At last my 3 droppods will be tyranid scenery and LOS-blocker, while with the Haruspex even more MC's come into the game from my side. :oops: Can't wait for a new bigbug-list OR some Ravener / Trygon surprises on the table... :D

(As i'm a german guy like terrorfex without his english skills, please forgive my bad english... :( )

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:03 pm 
Broodling

Just to say cheers to Terrorfex - great work! Totally made my day! Really looking forward to the release [not that I wasn't before!].. just deciding what to get first…..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:07 pm 
Medium One

Terrorfex wrote:
Snapdragon wrote:

I am totally fine with that,too. The rules can be used without a model. If I need to decide between a Drop Pod Release and a Haruspex….I know what I want :D

Two very good points!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:34 pm 
Monstrosity

I'd just say take EVERYTHING with a ginormous grain of salt until pictures start dropping. But reliable sources are reporting in now, so...

I'm getting three Haruspexes and three Malefactors.

Just sayin...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:23 pm 
Broodling

http://natfka.blogspot.dk/2013/12/tyranid-rumors-warriors-harpy.html

Trygon & Raveners digital dataslate from GW Digital the same month as the codex release with a formation allowing Raveners to assault out of the Trygon's Deep Strike tunnel.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:45 pm 
Hatchling

There was a post on 4chan from a guy who claims to be part of WD and several people in the thread backed him up as a reliable source who has been right in the past. He had this to say:

Quote:
Pictures from WD will be tommorow.

Psychic Powers table: Dominion (Primaris), Psychic Scream, Warp Blast, Catalyst, Paroxysm, the Horror, Onslaught

Warriors + Prime bits (not a word about wings in a box)
Harpy + Something
Something Hungry + Something Shooty
Hive Guard + Other Known Guard

So we should start seeing leaked pics in about 24 hours. Interesting tidbit there is that the Haruspex is obviously the "Something Hungry", but "Something Shooty" as the alternate build was not what I was expecting given that we have the Tyrannofex. Dactylis? Something totally new?

Edit: He ALSO had some choice words to say regarding the rumours coming from BoLS, namely that they were full of excrement, to paraphrase. :P

Last edited by XenoSmile on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:53 pm 
Broodling

Has anything coming out of 4Chan been confirmed yet? Hasn't it all pretty much been debunked as falsehoods so far?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:56 pm 
Hatchling

Everything he said as far as boxes go matches up with the info we got from Terrorfex, and he made a claim that will make or break his reliability in 24 hours. I guess we just need to wait for the leaked pics.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:38 pm 
Broodling

I just think he is being incredibly vague with "something hungry, something shooty". That could be a lot of things.
And also the psychic powers thing. It's just so.....bland. So.....nothing new. There has been rumours of two tables, one with shooty powers and one with buffs. So I hope he is wrong.

In any case, I guess we'll see if he is credible within 24 hours :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 73  Next