Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chapter approoved
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:32 pm 
Big One

this may belong in the rules/FAQ section, if it does my bad.

Does Chapter approved actually effect tyranids. I am aware of some points adjusted, primary forgeworld models. which does not effect me playing however the smite changes may. i have not been able to find a valid and clear description of how or what is modified. I do not own the book yet, i intend to buy one once financials permit however i do have a doubles tournament the 21st and want to get as much of my rules clarified before i start dedicating a official list to play.

Post subject: Re: Chapter approoved
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 pm 
Hatchling

Very little in the Chapter Approved 2017 actually affects Tyranids.

There are updates to the Matched Play mission rules. I addition to the Psychic Focus, Strategic Discipline, and Tactical Reserves rules found in the main rulebook, they also specified the following:

Understrength Support - Understrength units as Auxiliary Detachments only. So -1CP to tax to include them in a battle forged list (ouch).

Targeting Characters (of less than 10 wounds) - Only if they are closest AND visible. Any closer unit, visible or not, prevents targeting the Character. Shooting phase is not specified, but they do use the reference term "the firer" multiple times, so I suppose shooting phase only can be inferred?

Limits of Command - No using Command Re-Roll stratagem on things like First Turn, Deployment zone choice, how many victory points gained, random game length rolls, etc. It never occurred to me to use the re-roll on this sort of thing since it wasn't actually part of the battle itself. It appears GW concurs.

Boots on the Ground - Flyers cannot hold objectives. Period.

There are also six new eternal war and six new maelstrom of war missions that have been added. I haven't played them yet so not much to tell on that front and I'm not going to type them all out, summary or no.

As far as points go, there are none for the codex, thankfully. Forge world has three units (Malanthropes to 140 each!? Son of a...) and two wargear that have points adjustments and that's it.

I don't see a peep about any smite changes. I went over it a couple times, but I have been known to miss things before.

Hope that's helpful. Best of luck!

P.S. The Malaceptor list we discussed on a different thread would benefit greatly from being Kraken, as you suggested, but also with Metabolic Overdrive...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:45 pm 
Big One

It dies help me a lot thank you,. Most of my list revolves around carnifex and/or tyranofex primarily. But to resolve synapse issue I will spam neuropthrope to benefit the smite spam. One of the CA rumors was smite was nerfed to be less effective after the first caster. But if this has not been confirmed or disproved then I can continue my neuropthrope for cheap synapses.

As for the other post I'll revisit when I find what one it was, I've been absent a bit but always like feeding from other ideas or older combinations.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:30 am 
Little One

The smite rule is in the beta rules that are being proposed for the next chapter approved