Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Codex Announced
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:47 am 
Little One

Pre Order Nov 4. Release Nov 11

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2017/10/tyran ... cting.html

Post subject: Re: New Codex Announced
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:12 pm 
Monstrosity

Wooooo! Hoping for fluff where the Tyranids actually win some battles in their own codex!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:05 am 
Monstrosity

And I hope we're getting some huge bugs to contend with armor - the superheavy tanks are proving pretty difficult to take down, and that Primaris one they just revealed is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:55 pm 
Biotitan

I'm also hoping they get lictors, pyrovores/biovores into plastic kits too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:48 pm 
Monstrosity

KrewL RaiN wrote:
I'm also hoping they get lictors, pyrovores/biovores into plastic kits too.

And that. And maybe Gaunt/Gant models newer than 20 years old?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:09 am 
Big One

i don´t really care about new models. i would be just happy with good and resonable rules!!
harald

http://www.pocitolocito.com
http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Hive-Fleet-Nautilus/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:29 am 
Monstrosity

Or bring back Hive Nodes? I've seen very few wins against Space Marines. Granted, if the 'Nid player is way more experienced, sure, but players of equal skill? Space Marines have a huge advantage.

With the superhero creep, 'Nids need something that can compete. Norn Queen or something.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:33 am 
Little One

I personally want the following models updated:

The Red Terror
Biovore
Pyrovore
Deathleaper
Lictor
Sporemine Cluster
Genestealers (or have a separate Purestrain Genestealer box)
Gaunts (with all weapon options)

The following I want to have properly released boxes:

Ripper/Sky Slash Swarm
Shrikes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:59 pm 
Big One

i know the book is released in just a few weeks, and already have mine on hold/order. but does anyone have some leaks or solid rumors I'm getting antsy waiting to hear how "hive fleets" effect the game or if my carnifex teams.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:33 am 
Little One

No news yet, but I would not be surprised if the following occured:

Old One Eye - Keyword Behemoth
Deathleaper - Keyword Leviathan
Red Terror - Keyword Kraken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:05 am 
Big One

kinda my theory as well, and allowing them each to be HQ again (OOE still one already). But what im mostly interste is what are the special rules that make them unique from one another? how army wide buff could they make to represent them each

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 pm 
Big One

New Eldar codex sounds really strong again, hard to say OP since its not even out yet.

You can make it so the enemies firing at you get -3BS or even -4BS on the right unit lol.

Hopefully that means nids will get an army wide hive fleet that gives the enemy -1 BS and then that stacks with Venomthropes/malanthropes! So we are -2 BS to hit us almost army wide! I don't think we will be as lucky as Eldar however.

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:26 pm 
Monstrosity

I'd be happy if FW rolled out a Dominatrix. Until then, I should probably keep sculpting mine.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:48 am 
Biomass

small preview of Nov white dwarf revealed all of the biomorph modeling options from the carnifex kit are back in the rules :D
also, the thornback and Screamer killer are now specific variants.

They even posted a picture of one of the Carnifex rules pages, however it is too blurry for me to make out anything.

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/WDPreview-Oct27-Spread2yq.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:31 pm 
Little One

From The Tyranid Hive, I did a recap of what was collected at the time. None of these are my rumours, in fact I have no rumours. I just compiled them.

Quote:
*edit* To make it easier on myself now, I am just going to update the top of this page, so I am not scrolling down all the time. I know lazy, but it's easier on my old fingers that are cramping up now.

Link to the Warhammer Community site. www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/29/ ... y-bundles/

If anyone doubts seeg, this confirms some of the things he said.

These are not my rumours. I am just collecting them just like I did with the 5th, and 6th edition Tyranid codex and Genestealer Cult. I hope this will make it easier to gather our rumours. If you see any, please post them, tag me so I can update them to the front page.

From @ztztztxz thetyranidhive.proboards.com/post/921624

This image has been reduced by 46%. Click to view full size.

There's a WD preview on the GW community site with details on Carnifexes being split into multiple unit types; Sceamer-Killers and Thornbacks

It also confirms that all the different head/bio-morph options in the Carnifex kit 'now have an effect in games once again'. Specifically mentioned are:
Enhanced senses 
Tusks
Monstrous acid maw
Chitin thorns
Spine bank
Spore cysts

It's hard to read the image, but there are 2 new special rules on the datasheet in addition to the current one. Living Battering Ram also looks like it has an additional line after "suffers a mortal wound".

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info#ixzz4wuYCw6DA

From seeg our new member. Saviour to the Hive.

thetyranidhive.proboards.com/post/921859

not sure if this is allowed. but i guess since im just a fresh ripper either nobody will care or i'll just get removed.
so here goes nothing.

our hive tyrant is now t7, 12W. wings will have deepstrike. has a base 4++. down one attack. didnt manage to see the pointage or the wargear options. no idea if monstrous rending claws are still a thing.

carnifex are t7 as well. slight cost reduction. didnt get to see anything else.

maleceptors deal 3 mortal wounds if we roll a 6 on that weird aoe ability. it knows 2 spells and can cast and deny 2 spells. also t7. also 4++

thats all i managed to see

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info#ixzz4wuZEM92f

i roughly remember 2 more things
1 is a stratagem tied to a fleet whose name i cant remember.
start of psychic phase, choose one enemy psyker (cant remember if there's a range or if its from one of our own psykers). Targeted enemy psyker uses only 1 dice to roll his spells
and a warlord trait: if an enemy psyker within x inches (cant remember the range) fails his cast he suffers d3 mortal wounds. i'm sure i missed something else here. my memory sucks ass.

also, i pm'ed a certain esteemed member of this forum with a screen shot. i requested him not to post it but hopefully he can now vouch that i'm not bullshitting.

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info#ixzz4wuZYmrV4

maleceptor is still 1 per unit base.
its only 3 when u roll a 6

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info#ixzz4wuZtYBQm

there seems to be a misunderstanding.
hive tyrants will have 4 attacks.. not 3
its 4 attacks and then an additional tail attack on top of that

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info#ixzz4wuaDesLW

They are the same datasheet. 170 for flying hive tyrant. Monstrous rending claws are still zero points.

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info#ixzz4wuaSJtbZ

ok here we go

"chapter tactics"
behemoth: reroll failed charges
Kraken: can charge after falling back
Gorgon: reroll 1s to hit for fight phase
jormungandr: always have cover bonus (i'm not sure if i read this right)
hydra: reroll misses against units with less models during fight phase
kronos: reroll 1s to hit for shooting, IF the unit doesnt move
Leviathan: looks to be the same as salamander tactic but i'm not 100% sure

Neurothrope is now HQ, a character and no longer part of a zoanthrope unit. zoanthropes within 6" of a neurothrope reroll 1s for psychic tests. the spirit leech thing now only heals 1 wound for a zoanthrope unit withint 6"

here's the bit lots and lots of ppl will go nuts about
there are now 3 seperate carnifex entries. 1.) Carnifex 2.) Screamer killer 3.) Thornback
carnifex including 2x monstrous scything talons clock in total at 83 pts.. the 2 pairs of monstrous scything talons for carnifexes are 15 pts, 1 pair is 14 pts. yes.. i know. dont ask me why.
there are individual upgrades for basic carnifexes. +1BS, +1 attack on the charge, -1 to hit from enemy shooting. on the charge carnifexes and screamer killers now get +1 WS on top of the current battering ram rule
screamer killers come stock with "bio plasmic scream" which is 0 points, 12" assault 6(not sure on the number), S7 ap-1, 1damage. screamer killers come stock with 2 monstrous scything talons as well. 90 pts in total
dont have much info on the thornback other than at the end of combat roll d6 for each enemy unit in combat with it. on 6 deal 1 mortal wound

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info#ixzz4wuaik9eI

Psychic scream, WC5, Targets nearest enemy within 18" does d3 mortal wounds. if the target is a psyker, also roll 2d6. if the value is higher than the enemy psyker's leadership, the enemy psyker loses 1 spell at random

paroxysm WC5, target enemy unit within 12" of the psyker fights last. (there's a whole big ass block of text here talking about exceptions and what not)

*cant remember the name* target unit within 36" of the psyker essentially gains synapse

here's a bunch of random (please do not swear)

old one is is now 9 wounds. 200 pts. hits of 6 generate one additional attack. can be equipped with a scything talons relic that +1s ap-3, 3dmg, +1 attack. uses behemoth warlord trait
swarmlord is t7, 12w, 4++. his blade parry makes it 3++. no other notable change i think. uses leviathan warlord trait

hivefleet gorgon warlord trait: enemy units within 3" of the warlord at the end of the turn take 1 mortal wound each on a 4plus
hivefleet behemoth warlord trait: on 6's to wound he deals an additional damage
hivefleet leviathan warlord trait: after deployment but before start of game, redeploy your warlord

tyrannocyte is now 100 pts. 5pts for each deathspitter.

hivefleet kronos stratagem: 2cp, when an enemy psyker attempts to cast a spell, make it use only 1 dice to roll
hivefleet behemoth stratagem: 2cp, choose on unit. roll a d6 for each charging model. for each 6 deal 1 mortal wound to the enemy unit it charged. for monsters its on a roll of 2+

2cp stratagem: choose one unit. at the end of the shooting phase it shoots again. (cannot target monsters)

maleceptors total pointage including wargear is 172. T7, 12W

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info#ixzz4wub08Qft

tyranofex is 185 pts.
rupture cannon is 47 or 49.
rupture cannon profile is heavy 3, s10 ap-3 d6 damage. thats all. no more funky "if it hits both..blablabla"

exocrine with all wargear is 210 or something like that. minor points decrease
venomthropes and zoans are still fielded as units of 3
venomthropes when in grp of 3 also affect monsters. when in a grp of 6, the aura becomes 6".
the carnifex biomorpth that gives -1 to hit to enemy shooters does not stack with venomthrope. said biomorph is 10 pts.

genestealers remain the same. but have an option of getting +1 armour but they lose swift and deadly. (wtf GW)

there is a relic for any character that gives either +1S, +1A or +1T during fight phase. roll dice to see which buff
haruspex is something around 220 pts with wargear. not sure if any rules changed

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info#ixzz4wubMDZV6

hive tyrants can still take MRC
warp blast is the same except at a unit of 6 it deals d3+3 instead of d3+d3
neurothrope is cheap as balls. i want to say 45 but i'm not 100% certain.

the jormungandr stratagem is one giant cluster of weird ass sounding things. to give u an idea. before deployment u choose a unit(not monster) to deepstrike. it can deepstrike per normal rules but only from a 'tunnel'. then they go on to talk about what a 'tunnel' is. ravener, trygon and....one more thing... i cant remember... makes 'tunnels'

didnt manage to see the tyrannocyte transport rules. sorry

genestealers are still 12pts in total. 10 pts for body, 2 pts for rending claws

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info#ixzz4wubZgDtx

2 hours ago Kitane said:
Rupture Cannon: heavy 3, s10 ap-3 d6 damage

I really hope T-fex still gets to fire twice. This might be the first time a Rupture T-fex could be an actual threat.

yes.. exocrine and T-fex still get to fire twice if they stay still

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info#ixzz4wuboE06j

hivefleet tactics apply to everything

59 minutes ago No One said:

seeg said:
swarmlord is t7, 12w, 4++. his blade parry makes it 3++. no other notable change i think. uses leviathan warlord trait

...Please tell me they didn't give the Leviathan Keyword to the guy who can come from any fleet and (to the best of my recollection) has only showed up with Behemoth in the fluff?

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info?page=12#ixzz4wucENWLv

regarding shrikes, i didnt catch it at all. not sure if cuz it was really not even there 
relics can only go on characters. i didnt manage to see trygon primes
no changes to raveners..

out of reflex i didnt bother reading the toxicrene 

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info?page=12#ixzz4wucoD8T1
[/quote]

i didnt see anything about a lord of war 

the jormungandr trait is the cover bonus itself. so it definately doesnt stack

for the carnifex biomorphs:
-1 to hit from enemy shooting biomorph is 10 pts
+1 attack on the charge is 8 pts
+1 BS is 10 points

doom of malantai was mentioned.......... in the fluff only so was the parasite

Swarmlord does still have hive commander

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info?page=12#ixzz4wud0gOUo

PHEW. I forgot how much time consuming this can be.

A BIG THANK YOU TO seeg.

*edit* 12:40pm

about an hour ago seeg said:

2 hours ago xtztxtxz said:
As interesting as the new stuff sounds, I'm a little concerned at the absence of point reductions in what we've seen so far. Eldar had 3/4 of their units dropped in price, while many of ours seem to have remained about the same with some increases. Only the Haruspex has seen a sizeable improvement cost-wise. I'm hoping that in some cases (Tyrannofex especially) this is because their wargear options are cheaper or have been rolled into the unit cost.

I'll be curious to see what the new costs are for things like MC weapons, medium infantry (Zoans/Tyrant guard especially) and the Swarmlord.

i dont have the numbers but there are many reductions in costs for big bug melee and ranged weapons. eg. massive scything are now 10pts. massive scything talons in a pair are cheaper too (cant remember exact number). monstrous scything talons are much cheaper too. carnifex comes stock with tresher scythe which is now zero points and is the same wording as the hive tyrant. which is, it makes its profile attacks, which in the codex is 4, and then also makes the tail attack, which is now 1d3 attacks.

tyrant guard still suck. scything talons are still 0. rending claws are still 2. boneswords are still 4. crushing claws are 12 (yay i guess)

carnifexes have a point reduction. exocrines have a minor one. tyrannocyte has a sizeable one too. warriors are still the same. zoanthropes are the same. haruspex has a big one. biovores are the same. the spore mine rules are the same too. hiveguard are either the same or has an inconsequential decrease in points.

talking about tyrant wargear made me remember one particular relic. 
its a relic venom cannon. same stats as a venom cannon except d6 shots. but if the target is within 12" it auto hits and always wounds on 2+ 

Read more: thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53797/new-codex-rules-preview-info?page=19#ixzz4wuzezuIc

Not sure how much more updating I will be doing, but will try my best. seeg just wore me out trying to compile all this.

Read more: http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thr ... z4wvJWM16w[/quote]