Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: New 40k, new Nids, new tactics... where?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:30 pm 
Broodling

I won a game against Eldar this saturday - both of us with new codices.
It was a pretty obvious fight, but I had a favour of choosing a nice zone to line up and to steal the initiative from the Eldar (I kissed my die at that moment). :mrgreen:

1500 pts, matched play, open war-cards for game/mission.

I won after round 5, holding 3+1 objections and fullfilling two missions that way.
I even decimated a wraithknight! An Iyanden-Wraithnight! 24 Wounds, t8 and 3+ Armour...

My most effective troops were 15 genestealers, led by a Broodlord. They nommed Firedragons, a warlock conclave, a farseer, a dozen dire avengers...
The least effective troops were 3 venomthropes. They not killed anything and I could only use their spore cloud on a tyrannofex he never attacked at least once.

He was pretty nerve ridden of my 2 x 30 termagants. *makes a note to use those more often*

By the way... I can any niddy player out there say: if you fight against eldar... have some Zoas from Hive fleet Kronos in your pocket and remember their stratagem... the deepest shadow and watch them cringe as their most effective Warp-mind-f*cks suddenly no longer work.
I had not done that in our game, but I think in future games are some brood bethren from Kronos welcome guests on the Aeldari-dinner-feasts.