Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Lords of WAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:34 pm 
Big One

ok I'm curious about the lords of war more then before, I browsed a few other forums and by the sounds of it Gigantic creatures and super heavies will not make a very large impact on local games. reasons are they are a big point sink and never scoring.

I for one would love to see a hierophant in my list but it would be much different then a bane blade or such. no matter how big monsters are still vulnerable to every day weapons weather its a low AP or high S, or even poison (or equivalent static too wound). a super heavy how ever is at least AV 14 and has way to many hull points to deal with regular units less you dump every weapon into it. on the flip side dumping so many points into a super heavy and if by chance 4-6 hive guards did manage to glance it to death your opponent would be out a good portion of points and fire power.

what does the hive think? are Lords Of War too much for average tournaments? or will they level the playing field for less fortunate armies? biggest factor is without doubt the point cost of the individual units. I believe a bane blade is averaged 700pts accessible to any Imperium army. titans/GC are average 1000pts
regardless of their army.

if their fair what kind of lists can we expect to see?

Two existing threads in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17449
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=17493 (This one is even in this same forum)
Thread locked

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]