Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A cross over?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:15 am 
Big One

warhammer 40k has been around almost almost as long as warhammer fantasy. but myself prefer the 40k universe. finaly took at eh warhammer sigmar box and noticed the bases are round. now im sure im not the first to think or even brought this topic up but is that a potential signs that the two games could eventually cross over even if its only a casual game play.

i only looked at some of the models and the box have not actually read the rules or anything and been out of the loop of 40k changes if any. But last i knew the 6-7th edition books of 40k was similar to fantasy game play with the psychic step working similar to a "magic" step i think its called. and the round bases of sigmar is a 40k trait.

i know lore's are similar but don't really show signs of mixing but the games them selves does anyone else have any idea to confirm or deny this potential direction?

thank you in advance

Post subject: Re: A cross over?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:10 pm 
Big One

There is one army that really crosses over. Daemons.
But otherwise i donĀ“t think that GW will do that.

hrld

http://www.pocitolocito.com
http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Hive-Fleet-Nautilus/

Post subject: Re: A cross over?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:26 pm 
Great Devourer

Probably not mate.
There used to be some cross-over hinted at. Things like the occasional bolter or plasmagun on Chaos warrior models. (And they were actual gifts of chaos champions could roll up back in the Slaves to Darkness and The Lost and the Damned books, because Chaos ignore time, space and realities. ;) )

In the mid 90's GW decided that was bit of whimsy that was a bit too silly for what they wanted 4th ed Fantasy, and 2nd ed 40k to be. So they said categorically that the two settings were entirely separate. Chaos and daemons just happen to be in both.

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/