Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 5 things I want fin new Dex :)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:14 am 
Biomass

These are the 5 things I want more than anything in the new dex!

1) Trygon Prime: Made into a Gargantuan Creature. Staying at the Same points cost with the same Upgrades and same stats, the GMC will give it, FnP, Stomp, and all the other Insane rules for it! I would Like to see it move 12", but thats wishful thinking now.

2) MC's Points reduction, 25% at least, If you look at what Our MC actually do.. theya re mostly the same thing over and over agan (Stats 6/6/3+ or 5/5/4+ etc...) with almost same feel to them, Compare to Other MC's in other Books ours are WAY over cost and Under powered. Necros Spider, 50pts, S6 T6 W4 3= save (3-4attacks) and can make a model(s) every turn. its biggest weakness is lack of upgrade options, but it doesnt need them.

3) Poison cheaper! With Poison only re-rolls with +1s over Toughness, our Gants and sometimes Warriors want ever get re-rolls... so why are they 2-4pts per model? Wounding on 4 when you need 4's to hit in the 1st place on a Model that Dies in 1 hit from everything isnt that good.

4) Warriors! 2 wounds Toughness 5! Remove Shrikes and give these Guys 5pts Options for Wings

5) Primes as a HQ! But the unit can Break off and Join ANY Infantry units! Also Primes needs to be Cheaper, 60ts! Just like SM Captains :o

I fully understand all this is just Wishful thinking, but its things I would love to see! Specially the Trygon/Warrior Primes.

Post subject: Re: 5 things I want fin new Dex :)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:33 am 
Broodling

jmaddux wrote:
These are the 5 things I want more than anything in the new dex!

1) Trygon Prime: Made into a Gargantuan Creature. Staying at the Same points cost with the same Upgrades and same stats, the GMC will give it, FnP, Stomp, and all the other Insane rules for it! I would Like to see it move 12", but thats wishful thinking now.

2) MC's Points reduction, 25% at least, If you look at what Our MC actually do.. theya re mostly the same thing over and over agan (Stats 6/6/3+ or 5/5/4+ etc...) with almost same feel to them, Compare to Other MC's in other Books ours are WAY over cost and Under powered. Necros Spider, 50pts, S6 T6 W4 3= save (3-4attacks) and can make a model(s) every turn. its biggest weakness is lack of upgrade options, but it doesnt need them.

3) Poison cheaper! With Poison only re-rolls with +1s over Toughness, our Gants and sometimes Warriors want ever get re-rolls... so why are they 2-4pts per model? Wounding on 4 when you need 4's to hit in the 1st place on a Model that Dies in 1 hit from everything isnt that good.

4) Warriors! 2 wounds Toughness 5! Remove Shrikes and give these Guys 5pts Options for Wings

5) Primes as a HQ! But the unit can Break off and Join ANY Infantry units! Also Primes needs to be Cheaper, 60ts! Just like SM Captains :o

I fully understand all this is just Wishful thinking, but its things I would love to see! Specially the Trygon/Warrior Primes.

On several things I can agree, but there always a difference between what want, what we can expect and what we actually get.
As you say, wishful thinking.

1 - fine with me, but I highly doubt they will do it. Otherwhise They would have to claim all trygon-sized models as GC and that won't happen. If I get wrong on that here would that be totally fine with me. I mean, when Eldar have the D-Codex, why can't nids have the GC-codex? But once more - I doubt it would happen.

2 - absolute agree. reduce their points! For GW a good moment to seel more kits! :wink:

3 - Our only way to fend off the other codices MC's. Let's face it - Tyranids will never have or get any D-weapons. But we need >something< to get id of Nemesis- or Wraithknights and lots of poisenous bugs is the only way to go at the moment.

4 - Why? Warriors are fine the way they are, in one exception: The point cost. Keep in mind Tyranidwarriors are not supposed to be HQ but a troop choice and having T4 gives them even a Space Marine level. That their armor not matches up is another point, but for that 3 lives. Same for Shrikes. They are winged warriors, so no need to add a wings option. That you have to keep them away from S8 guns or similiar counts for >every< valueable Tyranid beast. If you wanna field your warriors for being front soldiers, then, in my opinion, you have not understood their concept. They provide back support and synapse. You bunker them near any mission objective and have something to shroud them nearby and that's it. Shrikes a opportunistic hunters - if you don't use them as mobile synapse, to punish the enemy for any possible mistake you can spot with them. Think of them as mini-harpies.

5 - I agree on the point reduce, but I doubt we can expect much. SM captains have another role as Primes. They are more like a decor for a shining star of awesome that is the space marine army. Primes are not decor - they are supposed to upgrade all tyranid warriors that join him and he does that well.
Fine with me, no great changes needed - but please - for less points.

And let's face it - they are not the only nids that need a make over
Yes, I'm looking at you, Maleceptor! And at you Toxicrene! And you Pyrovore! And you-... okay let's stop here for now.

Actually the big need of a nice, new generation of space bugs inside me is so big - that I not played a w40k game in the last 5 months in the hope there will be a sort changer coming that will make me want playing the game more, like they Tyranocyte did.
Since the codex eldar came out had the effect faded drastically. :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:27 pm 
Big One

I think across the board everything needs to be made into viable units, either by large points drops or by better rules.

1) Stealers have to work somehow. It's terrible that the trademark four armed cc nightmare is a joke with less attacks than an ork boy. They should have 4+ saves, stealth or shrouded base, and be much more effective. Maybe a means of infiltrating closer than 18" to the enemy, and a means of striking first in a charge.

2) Trygons should move 12"! Why is the big guy slower than a ravener?

3) Totally agree MCs need to be more resilient and/or much cheaper. Grav totally negates their resilience against marines as it ignores armour and toughness. Ubiquitous D can one shot them anywhere on the table. There are now so many ways to get ignores cover or reduce cover, that even the old tricks of hiding out in a shrouded bubble can't keep MCs and GMCs alive.

4) For the love of god, just nerf flyrants and let us have some different effective models in the army. So bored of codex flyrant.

5) I miss the synergy of the last codex, a lot. Tervigons are now so fragile they're more of a liability than a buffing unit, and they don't hand out poison etc anyway. Tyrant powers can't give preferred enemy etc. It used to be fun to build a swarm that could buff itself to usefulness... now you just have to use synapse to stop your units running away.

6) Formations that have some advantages other than letting us buy more flyrants. Please.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:27 am 
Little One

Last edited by PolishSwarm on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:14 am 
Medium One

I think a fairly hefty points cost drop across the board would be a good start, with a few tweaks to specific units. When I build a list with this codes, I always look at it and think there needs to be more stuff in it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:00 pm 
Big One

Haha... I'd just like the codex to not be codex:flyrant. That's a unit that has survived and just got better over 2 codex editions. I don't want to see it go without something else good popping in, but I've been using it heavily since the first months of 6th ed when it was the only anti air option...

I was still enjoying nids at the point I had Malanthropes, Barbed hierodules and Flyrants to play with, and I could use those as a core I could work gaunts / rippers / carnifexes / exocrines / lictors and mawlocs around to have a fun game. It feels now like hierodules are a little over priced with how easy they are to kill with grav / D-weapons... and marine decurions give 10-20 obsec units and transports you have to go out and start punching off maelstrom objectives early in the game, so hiding out in a cover bubble doesn't work any more. It feels like you have to play a new board control game, and between synapse and fragility nids really don't have the tools for it other than flyrants and maybe mawlocs - units that really work by not being on the table. Doesn't feel very niddy that I can't overwhelm my opponents...

Because of War Convocation, Marine Decurion and Eldar, nids need a big boost in their new book. The first two get 400 points of free stuff with each 1850 list, and the last one has ridiculously effective shooting and cheap jump GMC spam and D weapons for cheap. Necrons are also tough as hell... and khorne daemonkin get free blood thirsters popping out when you least want to see them. The last 5 books are a serious power creep over 6th edition books!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:55 pm 
Little One

Last edited by PolishSwarm on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:27 pm 
Biotitan

My wishlist (for what it's worth), and in no particular order. Just what's off the top of my head:

• Torrent option on the Pyrovore
  • Toxin Sacs/Adrenals available to Raveners
  • Cheaper MCs across the board
  • A Tyranid Decurion-like setup where you have a Vanguard Force that auto-arrives Turn 1, a main body force that auto-arrives Turn 2, the heavy hitter Force that auto-arrives Turn 3, and a Digestion Force that auto-arrives Turn 4. The last is the Rippers and other Troop choices that get ObSec. If this were to happen, we wouldn't get any freebies out of it, but I think this kind of organization to our force would be incredibly flavorful and extremely tactical in our favor.
  • Second a revamp on SitW so that it actually impacts casting powers as opposed to penalizing Ld.