Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Krewls Other Armies Log
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:29 pm 
Biotitan

Time to introduce my Daemons since I have a playable group now! I only have Khorne/Tzeentch right now since my plans for Slannesh and Nurgle involve FW and heavy conversions.

My little group is made up of:

1 Bloodthrister
2 Heralds of Tzeentch on Chariots
4 Bloodcrushers with wound cheeze (gotta protect my only icon)
2x 9 Horrors
2x 10 Bloodletters
2 Daemon Princes of Tzeentch

I plan to add in the future:
Keeper of Secrets (Converted from plastic DP)
Fateweaver
Changeling
FW Plauge Toad Riders (Counts as Bloodcrushers for visual variety)
FW Plaugehulk (Counts as Soulgrinder)
GW Soulgrinder (Converted to look more Slanneshy)
5 Fiends of Slannesh
20 Seekers of Slannesh (needs heavy converting from base models, possibility of using icon since there's enough body's to protect it)
5 Plaugebearers with Icon
Uber DP of Nurgle

And onto the pictures (ms paint would not let me crop :< New computer so I don't have PS yet)

Group Shots:

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

Individual shots of big dudes:

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

And...

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

Fluff and Design junk:

-Blue Horrors have a "birth scar" from were they split. The scar is were there is no arms.

-I added more Tentacles to the heads of the Horrors to make them look more lively. It improved the models big time!

-I hate painting pink, all my pink guys look crappy lol

-Tzeentch bases have crystals; Khorne bases have Skulls/Blood

-Bloodthrister and Blue DP were made out of a single plastic DP kit. Greenstuff is rather magical!

-I wanted the capped horn heads for my Bloodcrushers. I wanted them to look higher ranked then the non Mounted Bloodthirsters. The BC with the icon is second in command. The icon is also a deadly spear, always dripping with fresh blood.

-Pink DP was once a chaos spawn. When a nearby LoC was slain, his staff remained behind. The daemonic entity in the staff called the chaos spawn over. When the spawn took a hold of the staff, the staff possessed the chaos spawn and reshaped it to suit its needs. Nickname is Pinky.

-Blue DP was once a Chaos Marine. In a huge battle, said marine was cut in half, but still faught on in Tzeentches name. There this marine ascended and became a twisted being of flesh and armour. He still has no legs, but does not need them. He just hovers now xP. Still not named.

-Pink Herald is known as the Fleshshapper. His favorite thing to do is why hes known as the Fleshshapper xP. His two favorite creations pull his chariot. A funny story with this model. Mom is creeped out by it. She names it Sheldon from the Big Bang for some reason. When I go to buy some Chaos Spawn to finish Blue Herald, the Big Bang was playing on the TV's there, like wtf! lol!

-Blue Harald is known as the Undivided. Fleshshapper saw that this Pink Horror was rising in power, so he decided to take care of this little problem. When the deathblow struck, the Pink started to divide. For some unknown reason, the two new Blue Horrors got stuck half way though the division. Unable to separate, the two spend most of the time arguing and hitting each other. They don't realize their true power, which surpasses Fleshshappers, since they constantly argue. The only time they don't is when there is souls for the reaping, and they somewhat work together to do their masters bidding. Each head has their own favorite spawn pulling their shared disk. They mock and tease Fleshshapper by creating chaos spawn too. The two Hearalds are never far apart. They be waiting for that moment to get rid of their nemesis, and each assassination attempt has always failed.

-The Bloodthrister is a young Greater Daemon of Khorne. He is extremely eager to show his prowess to Khorne and reap as much blood and skulls as possible. His collection of trophy's is small and he weaves his prized trophy's though his main. There is something strange about this Bloodthirster though, he seems to be a bit more calculating then most... even when the bloodlust and rage courses though his veins. He also carries an unusual whip that seems to be alive, always coiling and dripping with fresh blood. Currently unnamed.

Post subject: Re: Krewls Other Armies Log
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:22 pm 
Biotitan

Very nicely done! I especially like the Blue DP with the yellow eye in its chest. (b~_^)b

Excellent backstory, too. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:41 pm 
Biotitan

Here are some of the WIPs of said Daemons:

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:55 am 
Monstrosity

Ctrl+W is the resize tool in Paint...
As for cropping it's just select, copy and paste onto a new file :P

I lost Photoshop for a while and I had to learn some new commands ^_^

Lovely models though, the look great!
More tentacles is always a good thing. ALWAYS.

Hive Fleet Munchkin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:13 pm 
Biotitan

djHg wrote:
More tentacles is always a good thing. ALWAYS.

People might mistaken Pinky for Slannesh :< Those are not tentacles, they are worms and Pinky throws them at stuff. The worms set on fire when they are thrown and pewpewpewpew xD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:21 am 
Big One

I absolutely love that blood thirster... awesome GS work Krewl!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:55 pm 
Biotitan

I FINALLY got this Khorne Herald done after a long period of nit picking and procrastination. I got this crazy idea for a 2 headed Juggernaut and this conversion was quite the headache. In the end, it all turned out great. The Herald's cape is a loin cloth from the DP kit with a Khorne charm, skulls and shoulder armour added.

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

I did a blog post of my frustrations with this piece. The article has GS shots.

http://stratfordgamingunion.blogspot.co ... art-1.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:09 pm 
Big One

2 Heads are better then one! That sure is one huge Jugger, works really well for the special character. I reckon the GS work turned out just fone Krewl, I agree flat armor plates are tougher then the forgiving organic nid sculpting, but you nailed it. If you mix the GS with a harder putty like Apoxie Sculpt you can shave it with a modelling knife or sand/file it much easier then straight GS. That gets you ultra crisp lines if you desire.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:26 pm 
Biotitan

If two is better than one.... Maybe your next one will have THREE heads! Like Karanak....

I Spent 90% of My Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:31 pm 
Biotitan

MysteryShadow wrote:
If two is better than one.... Maybe your next one will have THREE heads! Like Karanak....

Oh maaaan, the two headed one was hard enough to pull off xD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:20 pm 
Hive Tyrant

Wow, just wow. Krewl if nothing else (though there's plenty more to praise you about) you've managed to really grab hold of the "essence" of the great lord of change(my favorite patron) and his freaky ever changing horde. I love your chariots and i feel your version get around the problem I have with chariots, which is I don't like them as a weapon of war... And they hardly explain the huge stat increase. But a herald riding a trio of flying chaos spawn. How is that not awesome, and all kinds of disturbing at the same time?

Wicked force and I can see real progress from your early sculpting attempts. Some of it is less complicated then some of your tyranids stuff, but it's very well done non the less. Again really good work!

Termagant: A stock character, replaceable.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:31 pm 
Little One

These are just eye-popping, Krewl!

There's so much character packed into the army, and the greenstuff work is, as ever, just wonderful.

Favourites have got to the pink Daemon Prince and the converted Bloodthirster - the pair of them put the stock models to shame (especially the 'faceless' look to the Prince),

My eyes are firmly locked onto this thread :)

EDIT: and the birthing scars on the Horrors! Genius.

-Fox-

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:26 pm 
Biotitan

The Blob is presentable now. It is a uber nurgle demon prince. Its project name is bitbeast since I want to use up some bits laying around.

Back story on this monstrosity is it once was a mad doc living in a hive underground. Nurgle started to whisper to him after it noticed some of the concoctions the madman was creating and testing on his captives. The man became obsessed with creating the ultimate bioweapon and Nurgles chaotic embrace devoured his mind. The closer he got to perfecting his masterpiece, the voice inside his head became more clear, more loud and urged him on even harder. He was so close yet he could not figure out how to complete it. The voice inside his head told him he must bring the gift into the world in order to complete it. And so the maddoc injected the bioweapon into himself and Nurgle laughed and praised him on like a proud father. The mans bones melted away and he became a putrid blob of flesh and pestilence. A strange hunger dominated his being, some primeval drive to consume and assimilate all disease and pestilence into himself. The more he devoured, the stronger he became and one day he lucked out and devoured a weakened deamon prince, absorbing its strength and gaining a new body. The blob must constantly absorb new parts as his old parts decay away from his unstable biomatter, and any new disease or contagion it devours makes it even more unstable yet stronger.

Ok, so that's a paragraph of rough fluff lol. Now onto the pictures. Though he does have some nid parts in him, fluff wise, I don't know how assimilating nids would work, since nid cells tends to fight back I think. I wanted to use the fex head for the 3 eyes (nurgles number) and the exposed skull. I can get a better shot of the maw when the GS dries, I just started on his lower body construction today and attached the two halves together. The GS is over a tinfoil core for the body work. Everthing else is a fair guess at what things it has devoured to repair its body lol.

[Open in new window]

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:51 pm 
Hive Tyrant

wow firstly love the horn, and secondly, wow. Great sculpting job!

Termagant: A stock character, replaceable.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:23 pm 
Screamer Killer

Krewl! That's a fantastic kitbash, made even more fantastic by the fact that you constructed it out of bits you just had laying around. I like the spindly hand/claw, but ai LOVE everything about the head! Withteeth has got it on the nose: your sculpting in that area in particular is looking fantastic, and I'm a little amazed at how you could get such a cleanly shaped horn to come out using only greenstuff.

Damn.

Good work :D

Mr_Pink's Tyranid Blog For Art and Sculpting and Stuff

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next