Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Bughunt! 01/01/12: O.II.O.O AT LAST!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:58 pm 
Big One

I direct anyone who has downloaded the most recent version 1) to my sig, and 2) to this new, fixed version.

There was a single '=' missing in one line, added during debugging. I'm an idiot.

O.II.O.Ovi working version here!

More bugfixes to follow as soon as each are encountered. Should be relatively bugfree (again) by the third, for those of you sick of encountering them/downloading versions where problems suddenly crop up.
Edit ii) Some weird shooting-terrain interaction bug seems to be fixed.
Edit iii) Re-equipping the standard Boltgun no longer crashes the game, and one will no longer read 'WEAPON Equipped!' three times over in the message buffer.
Edit iv) Garven and Drolgnaw equipped properly. Jump and rokkit packs now can be re-equipped after exiting vehicles.
Edit v) Now identifies which guns one fires when piloting a vehicle. Good for Garven.
Edit vi) Trying to enter a vehicle when you're not, you know, BY a vehicle no longer causes a rift in reality that ends the universe (read: crashes the game). Instead, the attempter merely makes BRRM BRRM noises. My game produces the dumbest cock-ups.

Last edited by sofacoin on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:52 pm 
Broodling

oh yeh. im getting it :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:23 am 
Big One

Heya, Bughunters!
Just a little update to bemoan the death of Megaupload and to reassure everyone it's in no way going to kill Bughunt!. Distribution of the next few versions will be via... any file-locker which isn't terrified of being FBId; Mediafire seems like a good bet. There again, I HAD bought a premium membership for Fileserve the day before they forbade using their services for any and all forms of file file sharing, so don't quote me ¬_¬.

Mainly, though, Operation: Get Bughunt Its Own Damn Website is being accelerated, being something I'm going to hasten towards after finishing rewriting the readme file. I've done a little- and only a very little- work on the readme thus far; honestly, I hate writing it, but a readme is necessary.
I'd rather be coding, though- but every time I go to write the readme I procrastinate an don't, and every time I go to code I remember my responsibilities and go to go write the readme (which I then don't.) I'll force a metaphorical boot up my own metaphorical backside, though, and just get the bloody thing out the way.

I'm going to try for a Valentine's day release- which'll just be Bughunt! O.II.O.Ov with a more useful readme. From there, I'll be looking into hosting and such as I build the next few versions (you never know- Megaupload might return from the ashes... who am I kidding), adding a whole lot more vehicles and working on rooms potentially having different properties and descriptions, a more useful 'look' command, and a something to shake up the colours a tad. Also Dark Eldar, a fourth Ork and a fourth Eldar.

Sorry this is such a useless update, but c'est la vie. I'm really going to miss Megaupload, but that's just the way things go.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:13 am 
Biomass

I really wanted to try this game, but the sofacoin wont contact my and i havent been able to get my hands on the game, could anyone else just email me the file? PM me :) I REALLY LOVE ROGUELIKES

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:15 pm 
Little One

Download link is ded :cry: