Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: (Relatively) new AvP game
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:40 pm 
Genestealer

Hey all,

I've got a question for the Hive: Has anyone been playing the (relatively) new Aliens vs. Predator game? I picked it up earlier today. I couldn't care too much about playing as the Predator or humans, but I found playing as the alien a blast! The way you climb on walls, and how if you don't be cautious and pick off the marines one at a time you get killed quite quickly, and the sheer thrill of being an alien makes it a lot of fun.

So, has anyone else picked up this game? Please share your experiences :)

Look At My Tyranids

Post subject: Re: (Relatively) new AvP game
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:16 pm 
Monstrosity

I thought about getting it, but then I got Bad Company 2 instead :D. Looks really fun though. I might still get it yet.

http://warhammer40kcreator.googlepages.com

"Joey doesn't share food!!!!!!!"

Post subject: Re: (Relatively) new AvP game
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:35 am 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

I played the demo, as I loved AvP from 2000 and avp2 from 2002 or 2004 or something.

I really loved the demo, even though it was only pvp over a bad connection with less than optimal graphics in one map. So I definately want the full game!

However, I decided I need to wait until the price comes down a bit, it's become an old game and I can pay less than premium price for it because I need the money.

edit: Do play as the predator and the marines though. If the older games are anything to go by, the predator gives you such a feeling of superiority, while you still need to use stealth to pick the humans apart one by one. It's kinda like being a lictor - nearly invisible and super deadly.
The marine on the other hand gives you nice adrenalin bursts. Always on the look out for aliens, because if they get close you die. just walking around, hastily (you don't want to stick in one place and damn, you want to get out of there and back to safety!) listening to your motion detector buzzing... and then... -ping!- I once managed to throw a flare at the precise moment of a motion detector sweep, so it got detected every step of the way. The sound of a ping detecting movement very very close scared me to hell!
And then you see a predator, and you think "oh... I'm fucked" :)

edit: picked it up by now, and enjoyed all three campaigns. Can't ever seem to find a time when there's people playing multiplayer though

Hive Fleet Charybdis