Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Objective Markers / Victory point Counters
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:22 am 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

Greetings, fellow hivelings.

I was reading through the main rulebook today and started wondering - wih the new tactical objectives it's necessary to have at least 3 numbered objectives per player (As I suppose you could then count objective 1 2 and 3 from player two as 4 5 and 6).
How do you go about, or plan to go about, creating objective markers that are still tyranid in theme but easily identifyable with a number?

On a related note, I reckon (can't speak of experience yet) that with these new tactical objectives, your victory point score can get pretty high and, especially since you can score a random number of points with some objectives, hard to keep track of or re-count at the end of the game. How do you guys keep track of this, and have any of you created a nice thematic piece of scenery on which to keep track?

I've only recently started thinking about this and so have no clear idea yet myself, but once I do, I'll be sure to post it up as well here.

Hive Fleet Charybdis

Post subject: Re: Objective Markers / Victory point Counters
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:47 pm 
Biotitan

I can speak to your second question. The rulebook says to discard your claimed objective cards, which is weird. Instead, I put those aside as claims and any I discard without claiming goes next to my deck to create a discard pile. At the end of the game I count up the card VPs, then the First Blood/Slay the Warlord/Linebreaker VPs. Makes things very clean.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:45 am 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

but how do you know if a card gave you 1vp, or 3, when you get the cards where you can score d3 points?

Hive Fleet Charybdis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:23 am 
Great Devourer

I'm thinking of getting a scoreboard for my gaming room*. A chalkboard, whiteboard, or one of those cool sliders snooker players use.

* And by gaming room, I mean the laundry.

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:57 am 
Biotitan

vonny wrote:
but how do you know if a card gave you 1vp, or 3, when you get the cards where you can score d3 points?

If you get more than 1VP for the card, dedicate a die to count the extra VPs. You can put that die on top of the successful card pile and add that to the total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:01 pm 
Biomass

With regards to keeping score, we tend to pick a D20, or indeed any number of necessary dice and use that for counting. Other than just keeping track of Victory Point with (old-fashioned) pen and paper.

As for the Tyranid Objective Marker question, I'd still want some for my (yet to be built) Tyranid Swarm. An idea I have been toying with is making 40mm bases look like spawning vats, or wounded creatures somehow 'vital' to the swarm, and then putting on 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 rippers to indicate the number of the Objective Marker.