Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Terrain that has rules? Nests? Spore Chimneys? Minefields?
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:23 pm 
Broodling

Why is it that people talk about terrain like brood nests being used in a battle and actually helping you win but never tell what these rules are? :evil: Am I the only one who is lost here or not? And if I am mistaken this would be awesome. I hear of ideas for nid minefields, for example, but how would you use them? Please somebody bring me up to beat on this, or at least give me a link to something that will, and do not say buy Imperial Armor because I have no interest in buying a $40 book plus shipping just for 4 explanations.

\__\¯¯o¯¯¯¯O¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯O¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯o¯¯¯¯O¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯o¯¯¯¯O¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯¯

Post subject: Re: Terrain that has rules? Nests? Spore Chimneys? Minefields?
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:21 pm 
Great Devourer

SevoraSwarm wrote:
....and do not say buy Imperial Armor because I have no interest in buying a $40 book plus shipping just for 4 explanations.

Sorry buddy but that is the only answer anyone here is able to give.

Board rules forbid anyone giving away copyrighted information. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure those guidelines frown on asking for such information too..........

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:40 pm 
The Red Terror

I think I can help a bit.

-Minefields and how to use them can be found on page 36 of Planetstrike, with a Strategic Asset on how to use them on page 188 of Codex: Apocalypse.
-Hypertrophic Flora rules can be found on page 45 of Planetstrike.
-The Spore Chimney Infestation datasheet can be found on page 73 of Imperial Armour: Apocalypse.
-Strategic Assests for Spore Chimneys, Swarm Tunnels, Ravenous Plant Life and Digestion Pools can be found on page 69 of Apocalypse: Reload.
-Rules for the Brood Nest, Spore Chimney and Capillary Tower can be found on pages 105, 106 and 108 respectively in Imperial Armour IV: Anphelion Project.

Hope I could help.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:36 pm 
Little One

Page 256 of the BRB also gives a way of representing mine fields.

-Fox-

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:59 pm 
Broodling

I may not be able to have access to any imperal armour books, but I'll look into the planetstrike and apocalypse books for the other stuff. Also, for any of those aspiring nid-field makers out there (like myself), something like flesh hook-like plants/fungi that would to anyone unfortunate enough to enter it:
Dosens of hooks impale the victim(s), then all of them retract, in effect, this literally tears the unfortunate victim limb from limb.

\__\¯¯o¯¯¯¯O¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯O¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯o¯¯¯¯O¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯o¯¯¯¯O¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯o¯¯¯¯¯

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:01 pm 
Monstrosity

for the most part in normal games you just use the rules for dangerous terrain for such pieces of terrain and you're away.

In past editions minefields and razor wire etc had their own rules but now it's all 'dangerous terrain'

Hive Fleet Munchkin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:24 pm 
Broodling

Alright, so what if someone were to make a distinct tyranid organism that has its own rules, (ie wounds, WS, etc), much like the myceitic spore becoming (sort of) a piece of terrain in a way. I saw the new ravener set and it comes with alot of extra carapaces, and the spine fists ones could represent these very well, coupled with flesh hooks coming out of the surrounding area. Perhaps to represent the minefield aspect of it, perhaps any enemy model moving within X inches (preferably 12-18") takes X number of Strength 6, AP -, rending, hits
(profile for attack based off of flesh hooks)
That is all I have figured out so far.
Ideas wanted!
By the way, BRB??!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:11 pm 
The Red Terror

BRB stands for Big Red Book. Which is the colour of the current 5th edition rulebook.

Regardless, if you want to make rules, go ahead, you just need your opponents permission to field the pieces. ;)
It's a good way to add an interesting bit of flavour into your games.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:44 am 
Little One

In first edition/rouge trader funa and flora were just as dangerious as your opponent however having to have a judge and varis other things doesn't really help the flow of the game!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:23 pm 
Broodling

Okay, I am going to try to make a stab at this minefield nid, but how to represent the difficulty of firing at something that is mostly undergroud-not a clue. But if it can be done it could add a great dynamic to Apoc/city fight games, allowing a great area denial system, much like tau turrets. By the way, where exactly do you find all these awesome names?!!?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:25 am 
Biomass

i recently made a fungi that which rules were:any model freand or foe that touches the plant takes a t.test if faild the fungi erupts and a large blast is triggered at s:4 ap:5