Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Who's had success with divergent evolutions?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:57 pm 
Big One

I will preface this post by acknowleding the obvious: our alternate approaches to Tyranid profiles and to certain core rules will never be accepted in a tournament setting.

I thoroughly enjoy reading not only about the unique species presented in this forum and the variations on existing units, but also the many, many suggested rule variations that help to make 'nids more competitive with the current codex and core rules. I haven't yet gone to my local group and presented optional units or rule interpretations to them for consideration, mostly because I've played so infrequently due to work and home responsibilities that I'm only just now reaching a solid comfort level with the standard units and rules.

I'm curious to hear, who among us has had success in getting their local opponents to accept a divergent species, or an altered profile or rule? If you've had success, what was it? And were you able to make the change "permanent"? My fear is that, while many of us enjoy exploring the diversity that is Tyranid and come up with great and creative approaches, our "opponents" are by and large unwilling to accept anything that doesn't have a Games Workshop trademark next to it.

Hive Fleet Antiquitus