[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Warpshadow.com • View topic - Warpshadow Competition 7 - Birds of Prey

Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Warpshadow Competition 7 - Birds of Prey
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:58 pm 
Great Devourer

A lesser creature would have screamed in frustration. But the dominatrix simply noted the sudden loss of synaptic connection with yet another brood of her warriors. The-prey-that-fought was using indigestible mineral skinned flyers to target her more vulnerable synapse nodes. Many of these flyers were falling to the billowing clouds of weather, necrotic and fertiliser spores they had to fly trough, but so persistent were they, too many of them were still making it through to harm her spawn.
With the barest flick of attention she directed her gargoyle and harpy flocks to attack the distant rockcrete nests of the flyers. That would buy the time to recombine the DNA of her children and the harvested prey to birth a more permanent solution.

Hello six-limbed minions,
I’m glad to announce (on behalf of Hive Node who is on a well deserved holiday) the start of a new Warpshadow contest.

Purpose:
This month we will be focusing on the spawning of Tyranid creatures designed to combat the rising threat of flying prey. The gestalt would like to see you make or paint either a flying Tyranid beast, or a beast specifically designed to fulfil the anti-aircraft role. Your entry could be as simple as a beautifully painted brood of Gargoyles, or as complex as scratch-building your own Harridan!

Dates:
Contest Opens: Friday, June 1st, 2012
Contest Closes: Saturday, July 31st, 2012
Voting Opens: Wednesday, August 1st, 2012
Voting Closes Wednesday, August 15th, 2012

How to Enter:
There will be a single gallery for this contest opened in the Survival of the Fittest album. To enter, Private Message Hive Node here with links to your entry and I will create a sub-album titled with “Entries Name – Your Username” in the appropriate folder, where I will upload the photos manually. This will allow members to post multiple angles and shots of your creation.

This is located here:
http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Paintcontest/BirdsofPrey/

Contest Guidelines:
1) Models must be either scratch-built or kit-bashes of official Forge World/Games-Workshop models.
2) Submissions must be complete.
3) Submissions do not have to painted (but they can be).
4) When photographing your submissions please make sure they’re on a light background with a good light source.
5) Your model must be a new or unfinished (so conversions previously started but never finished are welcome).
6) Your entry must be the minimum brood size for your selection (if a codex entry).

Rules:
1) Only one submission may be entered per contest. Any submissions that are entered may not be retracted in favour of another submission.
2) Submissions must be completed to the full guidelines of the contest to be considered for voting.
3) Each member gets one vote per poll, and the vote may not be changed once cast.
4) You may vote for your own entry if you wish (voting is anonymous).
5) When voting we ask you to consider the appeal of the painting or modelling of the piece and the overall composition.
6) Polling topics are reserved for questions and comments regarding the polls, discussion of models entered in the competition should be reserved for their respective topics (do not be afraid to make a W.I.P. thread).
7) Polls will be run for the stated amount of time. No additional votes will be considered after that date has passed.

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

Post subject: Re: We own the void, we own the ground - now take the skys!
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:20 pm 
Little One

Let the REAL "Summer of Fliers" COMMENCE!!! There's the kick in the pants I need to wrap work on ... my surprise:)

... of course, now that I've dropped the figurative gauntlet, I'd better get my tail flaps in gear :shock:

"The Call of Cthulhu" (Lovecraft, 1928)

Post subject: Re: Warpshadow Competition 7 - Birds of Prey
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:47 pm 
Screamer Killer

Excellent :twisted:

I've been rolling around something that will fit this just perfectly, and this is the perfect opportunity to give it life!

Good call, Hive Node!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:40 am 
The Red Terror

I've got a couple ideas that could come flapping out ofthe spawning vats as well.

Today was the first day of the contest so I hope to see MAXIMUM participation. Remember you entry could be a few painted gargs. There is a special prize lined up for the winner as well...but you'll have to wait to see it.

We need some flyers to devour all those delicious human, ork and eldar pilots... :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:44 pm 
Great Devourer

I'm still having trouble figuring out which idea to follow... maybe I should just do both?

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:59 pm 
Medium One

I'm very eager to join in one this. After seeing the Ork bomber, a Harpy seems absolutely necessary. It must be built!

On a side note, could this be posted on the home page? I had no idea there was a competition until a couple of days ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:14 pm 
Biotitan

I noticed it wasn't posted on the home page either.

Also wondering if contest could be extended :<

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:59 pm 
Medium One

I'd like the contest to be extended as well. Maybe have it until the 7th of July, but still have the voting end on the 31st. 3 weeks is ample time for voting IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:57 pm 
The Red Terror

I'll actually extend it to the end of July. I'd like to get the maximum amount of entries as possible.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:15 pm 
Hive Tyrant

Well 'm just about done school so I have a week to build somthing so it may or may not happen :P

Termagant: A stock character, replaceable.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:43 pm 
Hatchling

Just a quick question regarding the rules of this comp:

'6) Your entry must be the minimum brood size for your selection (if a codex entry).'

Does this mean it must be at least the minimum size (but could be more) or does it have to be exactly the minimum size?

My shrikes are almost finished and i'm just wandering wether to photograph all of them or just 3.

Thanks in advance :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:09 pm 
The Red Terror

You can photograph all of them, but have to have the minimum brood size.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:07 pm 
Hatchling

Entry submitted....

Fly my pretties fly!

BzzzzZZZzzzzzZZZzz
"What's that?... grarrrhhhhhggg YAArgggghhh ARRRR-" crunch, squelch, nomnomnomnomnomnom

Mwahahahahaha!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:37 am 
Hormagaunt

Definition:
Hormagaunt-(hör-mā-gaw-nt) see Awesom-sauce

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 pm 
Medium One

My baby's coming along, but I forgot to prime it before i left for vacation. It'll still turn out fine i hope :|

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next