[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Warpshadow.com • View topic - Behind the Fighting - Voting Polls (Entrants 1-6)

Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

10%  10%  [ 3 ]
6%  6%  [ 2 ]
26%  26%  [ 8 ]
13%  13%  [ 4 ]
32%  32%  [ 10 ]
13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 31
 Post subject: Behind the Fighting - Voting Polls (Entrants 1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:40 am 
The Red Terror

Post subject: Re: Behind the Fighting - Voting Polls (Entrants 1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:02 pm 
The Red Terror

Ooops.

I forgot to put Yaleing's name in the poll there, so I editted it and it looks like it may have reset back to 0 votes for everyone, so if you voted on this poll, just go ahead and re-vote.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:07 pm 
Medium One

Gravytrain's here. All aboard! Chuga-chuga-chuga NOM-NOM!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:30 pm 
Great Devourer

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:10 pm 
Tyranid Squig!

I really liked the Spiderling but ultimately chose the Throne.
I'd really like to see the finished Magus on it, with paint.

See my Gallery Here.
http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleetWormwood/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:30 pm 
Great Devourer

I must say that I dig the brain on sofacoin's cyclops, and the background for the beat is a great idea too. (I think a creature so powerful could be a fair bit larger is all.)

That Cathedrachnus from Catharsix is just brilliant. :D It looks the part, the greenstuff is well done and the parts well chosen. And I loved it for the face even before I saw the cup holder. :P

Isildur... mate that Siren is stunning. It is a cool idea for a creature (and background) and the sculpting is very, very well done. (b~_^)b

Hydra's ambassador is well and truly up to usual standard too. I've got a soft spot for cults and so I embrace the background like Isildur's. The face is creeply disturbing. The base/diorama is not only wonderfully done but it also give context to the critter. But most of all of love the 'lines' of the thing. The curly natural tail, smooth carapace and prominent single vents. Soooo much to like here. :D

My Gravy Train. Well I can't even try to pretend the model is based on anything other than a cheap toy with an awesome face. :mrgreen: I found it ages ago in a $2 shop and bought it with no plans for it, I just knew I had to incorporate it somewhere sometime. So with greenstuffed extra limbs/ feeder tubes, a giant phage digestion tract/ gut/ storage tank and some old bits it was done. But I have always wondered what the terrestrial 'nids did for food. On the hive ships they are fed by the ship herself, but with the exception of hormagaunts and rippers (2nd edition codex for reference), no other beast is fully able to feed itself. So logically there must have been some heretofore unmentioned creature doing the feeding. (It is no surprise I approve of Sanderman's Provisioner fluff too then. What do they say about great minds??? :wink:)

The Clutterbug is somehow kinda cute. I like the idea of their function on the hive ships and it looks brilliant in Harald's paint style. But for some reason the lack of a face and the scything talon rear legs bother me a little. But that shouldn't detract from a simple and quickly made model that has been finished beautifully.

The pheromone tick is a clever idea too. And I like the model, and in a fit of double standards I reckon the lack of a face works quite well here. Same goes for Vonny's super ripper - the Mandibuli. It is quite cute and fills a clear niche in the consumption phase.

And in second round of double standards I reckon the trygon spines-come-talon legs work beautifully on Nuke's spiderling. :) The idea is cool (tyranid warp spiders?) and the slurpy sporemine head is striking.

I dig both the of space borne entires too. I've already commented on the models separately, but I also really like the idea of expanding the limited background on space borne tyranids. :wink: (and if neither of you mind I'd like to steal many of the ideas here when I finally get around to building a BFG fleet.)

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:11 pm 
Little One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:12 am 
Hatchling

Really like the nid ships you posted above Drakis, very good use of plastics. I agree their should be more about the Nids in space, it really is their natural habitat.

I cannot wait to show you my BFG nids, all sculpts, but i have to get a gallery account approved yet...

Favorite sculpts in the comp;

Hydra, magic, like the background and of course the sculpt - really top notch + better than a plastic - i have plans to build a creep called an 'ambassidor' different look and fluff, for my infestation game that i hope to start playtesting soon - will post when mostly sorted.

Cyclops is a a great idea, possibly a little too omnicient, but exactly what the nids would have! good sculp too.

Love the big purple feeder bug, made me laugh a lot, (i always imagined the nids being grown with one lifetimes energy stored in super soluable sugar like tissues and special hydrocarbon molecules, or perhaps a vascular fluid that is many orders of magnetude better solvent for oxygen than human blood to mean they had tiny/none existant lungs and relied on either diffusion of oxygen, or O2 containing compound stores - this would allow them to exist outisde an atmosphere for most of their lifetimes) - wow super long parenthesis, but this creature just makes me want a mobile (and cheerful) battlefield re-fueler!

Cutterbug - elegent and clean simplicity of design, great stuff (and beautiful paint job).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:00 pm 
Medium One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:37 pm 
Hatchling

Sure ill start a thread - like i said i don't have much yet, (at least not good enough to post, but ill share the development as it goes (it is mostly paper and in my head, but making its way to soft copy and play testing as i make the required models (siren is number 8 or so...) and i certainly want a little of the left for dead feel, but give the player choice to go another direction if they like...

Hyperlink pending...
#Edit hyperlink (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14723)
- was not sure which forum so went with cult...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:35 am 
Hydraphant

"I'm gona sing the DOOM-song now: DOOm, DOOOMDOOOOOM,DOM, DOOOOOHM,DOOM...."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:54 pm 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

how do you make those posters? Do you print them out and then some matt varnish?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:05 am 
Hydraphant

Well, i just print them out, cut them out and then go with severall washes, paints and pigments over it to get the used look.

"I'm gona sing the DOOM-song now: DOOm, DOOOMDOOOOOM,DOM, DOOOOOHM,DOOM...."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:14 am 
Monstrosity

Where are the original posters from? Do you make them yourself on a computer?

http://warhammer40kcreator.googlepages.com

"Joey doesn't share food!!!!!!!"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:43 am 
Big One

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next