Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

Ghosts of the Brood Poll
CapnWellpoint 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Harald 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Shoggoth 45%  45%  [ 13 ]
Speaker fo the Dead 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Thunderchild 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
KrewL RaiN 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
vonny 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Hive Drakken 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Terrorfex 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 29
 Post subject: Ghosts of the Brood - Voting Polls
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:09 pm 
The Red Terror

Hello everyone. This concludes the entry portion for the third contest. This month we have come to a clean end with 9 contestants!

Of course the winner of this contest will win a fabulous Trygon kit from our sponsor, Heavy Support Games; Canada's premier hobby discounter, offering thousands of products for tabletop wargames, trading card games, board games, roleplaying games, books and collectibles.

A few things to remember when voting:
1. You only get one vote so make sure it counts.
2. You may- if you wish, vote for yourself, as all voting is anonymous.

Also make sure to keep in mind the point of this competiiton: to create suitable representations of a Parasite of Mortrex. Pick a model, which you think best, represents this theme, as well as one that you think presents great artistic merit.

On to the entrants:

Ghosts of the Brood Gallery

Parasite of Mortrex by CapnWellpoint
Parasite of Mortrex by Harald
Parasite of Mortrex by Shoggoth
Parasite of Mortrex by Speaker for the Dead
Parasite of Mortrex by Thunderchild
Parasite of Mortrex by KrewL RaiN
Parasite of Charybdis by vonny
Parasite of Mortrex by Hive Drakken
Parasite of Mortrex by Terrorfex

So there you go! Choose wisely and keep in mind that voting ends April 8th. :lol:

Edit: Due to recent complications with Ross' passing, the receival of a prize for this contest may be withheld for the time being. I wish the winner no stress, and you will recieve your prize. I will update this thread when I have more information. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Ghosts of the Brood - Voting Polls
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:09 pm 
Broodling

Shoggoth, your parasite is wonderful as your tervigon was! Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:06 pm 
Hatchling

Thanks! The Tervigon is done being painted, I'll post pictures as soon as I stop being lazy and get pictures of it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:37 pm 
Big One

Il Grande Iulio wrote:
Shoggoth, your parasite is wonderful as your tervigon was! Well done!

I kind of knew I was out of the running once he posted the first pictures of his model. I'm not much at sculpting or even really fantastic at kit bashing, but I hoped some pretty pictures and a reasonable paint job might disguise that. However, Shoggoth's model has it all. His design looks very balanced, kinetic, and aerodynamic. His paint job is attractive and all the colors he used agree with each other. His photgraphy looks professional and provides a clear look at the model.

That's not to say that the other entries weren't good or that other paint jobs were striclty inferior, of course! But Shoggoth pulls together all the elements you could judge the models on pretty well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:55 pm 
Monstrosity

There are a lot of great entries here! I had a really tough time deciding who to go with, but in the end I gave Terrorfex my vote. The model just goes together beautifully. Good job to everyone who entered! :D

http://warhammer40kcreator.googlepages.com

"Joey doesn't share food!!!!!!!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:52 pm 
Great Devourer

Lots of vry nice entires to choose from. So well done to all the entrants! :D
- I quite like the idea of using the red terror as the base for the Parasite if Moretrex. She has the right size and scale. And such a unique look works brilliantly for a 'special character'. So I have a fondness for all the entries who used this as a starting point.
- I am also enamoured with the models who have used left over bits. (I'm a cheapskate at heart.) And I love the new lease on life those conversions have given those pieces. So do like Hive Drakken and Vonny's entires quite a bit.
- The complete conversions and excellent bases also deserve praise. Terrorfex, Vonny, Shoggoth are the stand outs for me, but Captain Wellpoint and Drakkens have great charm too. (b~_^)b

Ungh this is hard! :P But in the end I am going to have to give my vote to Shoggoth. The sense of motion, clean conversion, originality and beautiful finish edge it out over the other excellent competitors. :mrgreen:

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:30 pm 
Medium One

Since I went into this well aware that I hadn't a hope of winning its been fun watching the votes rack up exactly where I thought they would 8-) Who knew I was psychic :P

Seriously though, that Parasite of Shoggoth is amazing, and so is The Terrorfex ParaMor ;)

I voted for Vonny's beastie though, as its got a bony muscular brutality to it that I like a lot. The shoggoth one looks built for speed and slink, but for all its considerable beauty it looks a touch too delicate.
Must be my alter-ego Grabwotz's sentiments leaking through :mrgreen:

My wife on the other hand, who plays Eldar, not Nids, wants one as a riding beast for her Exodite Autarch :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:35 am 
Hydraphant

Well well well... tough choice my friends.

All entries are great, but one has to choose... :(

Here are my fav 3 and my thoughts on them:

1. Harald - I really like the choice of bits, bringing the old hive tyrant to new glory, the head crest is really really good, the tail looks like it could infect something seriously. Only downside is the pose.

2. KrewL RaiN - That, at least for me, came out of nowhere. I just frakking love that convo. The Tail reminds me of "the mist" and is purely unique. I would almost describe it as "illustriating" since you can really picture how it closes around its prey.
The head is awkward and fantastic, since you can see the warrior head in it, but the sametime it is as original as the tail. The long tough and the sack around its head... combined with the bravery to but such "huge" (trygon stuff) in a warrior model.
Last the pose: Quite extra ordinary in itself...

3. Vonny - Well... what can i say, i have seen this model in persona and there for i know of its beauty in the thrid dimension. THe choice of bits, small details (such as the sculpted neck that blend in so good that you can't actually see it on the pictures....) the backplate which is going hand in hand with the overall streamline appearance, pose of the legs that go great with the slightly tipped pose and last the tail, that looks fantastic and strong enough to punch through terminator-armour...

Hell. I honestly can't decide.
God doesn't dice, but i do... so 1+2 for HArald, 3+4 for KrewL RaiN and 5+6 for Vonny...

5 Vonny!

"I'm gona sing the DOOM-song now: DOOm, DOOOMDOOOOOM,DOM, DOOOOOHM,DOOM...."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:14 am 
Biotitan

Aww that's one heck of a flattering comment on my parasite hydra!

I am having a hard time voting too, will have to do a mini review of em.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:56 pm 
The Red Terror

HAHA! You used dice to vote?! That's brilliant.

Now usually, I don't post who I am voting for, but this time I'll spill. Krewl. For the same reasons as Hydra, that tail is SUPERB. I just love how it looks like a face hugger. I can jusdt picture it flying really quickly over an enemy unit and grabbing one by the face, then immediately flying upwards where the soldier explodes in a shower of rippers.

New Datasheet anyone? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:32 pm 
Zoatibix

Wonderful work, everyone. Argh, this is hard...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:08 pm 
Biomass

Great Job everyone!

Capn wellpoint: Love the dynamic positioning, great colors tying it all together. I also like the termagant head and spikes on his back. Great looking model.

Harald: I like the head crest, mix of old and new models. The base and tail are great. That tail would definitely leave a mark. Can't wait to see it painted.

Shoggoth: Great fluid model. The wings look great with the arms and talons included in the mix. The colors are nice and again the tail looks very painful.

Thunderchild: Looks like you and I had the same idea for the tail. I like the victims, look like we caught this guy mid-meal. I thought there are a few too many colors on the paint, I like to stick to a few less colors, but that's my style.

Krewl Rain: Another very dynamic model. You can see this guy swooping across the battlefield. I like the colors and the tail looks like it could eat you whole. Gotta love the ten foot tongue too.

Vonny: Great paint job. This looks like he could be from a Japanese arcade game, (I forget the name of it, but you rode a giant dragon and shot from the back). I think the body is the distinguishing feature on this one. I like the colors and detail on the paint job.

Hive Drakken: The base and overall aerodynamics are great. I like the creative use of the trygon prime parts for the arms. Good looking model. Good use of color.

Terrorfex: I like the base. The paint on the wings is really impressive. I like the slime on the tail. That tail looks really kinda nasty. Good job.

Its great to see a bunch of different ideas come together. It gives me ideas for future models.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:51 pm 
Biomass

Rlyehable here under a temporary account until my primary is reactivated.

Unfortunatly, I was not able to enter due to an account problem (not that I would have won with the wonderful models posted). If you want to take a look you can see the step by step post here.
[Open in new window]

I voted for Speaker of the Dead. The stinger was excellent. The wings were wonderful. The size was correct for a non-monstrous creature. The pose is wonderful (I just want to swat that 'skeeter). The only nit-pick I have is the scything talons below the rending claws.
[Open in new window]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:55 am 
The Red Terror

Please read the editted information in the first post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:59 pm 
Hatchling

Woo! Looks like I won. Take as much time as you need with Accommodator's passing, I have enough on my back burner to keep me busy.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]