[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Warpshadow.com • View topic - When is the last time we had a fiction competition in here?

Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: When is the last time we had a fiction competition in here?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:43 pm 
Hormagaunt

I for one would love nothing better than to take on all challengers in a test of wordplay and gribbly prose. If there's one thing I enjoy almost as much as writing, it's reading other's material, and competitors are always welcome for me.

So how about we throw around some ideas as to the theme, and at the same time we'll see how many people are interested in doing this or not. It'll be a fresh break for me from the other Tyranid writing projects I'm involved in at the moment.

Which brings me to my next point - if you're following my 'Tasty' series on the Fiction board, don't worry I'm still hard at work on that. My posting rate has slowed down to more like 2-3 a week than one plus a day, but I have no intention of letting it die out. Perhaps this contest will be the jumpstart I need to stop being so lazy again :roll: .

My last concern is, I don't know how many other competitions are going on/about to get started at the present, but the great thing about writing short stories is it doesn't really get in the way of the other facets of the hobby. I know I usually still have plenty of time to paint and play campaigns at the local gamestore, so hopefully we can fit this one in with any others that might be in the works right now.

Anyways, discuss.

-- New Abortion, Slipknot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:56 am 
Great Devourer

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:31 am 
Medium One

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:55 pm 
Hormagaunt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:49 pm 
Little One

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:14 pm 
Hormagaunt

Whether the story must be done from a Tyranid point-of-view or not is one of the details we need to figure out, among other things. Don't assume whatever I say, goes, please not at all. :) Anyone who is going to take part in the competition has a say in what the requirements are, and whatever the group agrees upon is what we'll do.

So far we have three people interested, including myself. Any more takers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:53 pm 
Biotitan

I may be interested, though I would have to read some fluff to get the gist of how it's presented. I would count me as half an entrant for this reason, as I may balk after comparing the fluff style to what I'm comfortable doing and mitigating this against time constraints with other projects... such as, oh, I don't know, finishing putting my army together. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:00 pm 
Medium One

I like the idea of writing some stuff about warriors. They need some love.

Maybe you shouldn't fix the viewpoint so people can write either oppositon viewpoint, nid viewpoint or a mix.

Maybe extend your tentative deadline to say the 15th?
I am a student after all. Even homework has to be done sometime....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:26 am 
The Red Terror

I disagree with the lack of Genstealer cults, I personally feel they would be one of the easiest tyranids to write about.

The thing that makes them dull is reading story after story about them infecting human habitations.

Either way, depending on the date it ends i'd be more than happy to write or judge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:35 am 
Hive Tyrant

Genestealer Invasions... ON DIFFRENT SPIECES NO HUMANS! :D I could run it cause I wouldn't be biased (since I won't/shouldn't write one :lol: )

and/or Little Know Nids no this will not be about rippers, unless you want too :wink: . You would write about little know nids Zoans, Biovores, rippers, Dominatrix, norn queens, other bio titans, ect... I'd need help cause i haven't had the chance to read much tyranid literature.

Whatcha think? This will allow for more then one contest with out stories getting repetitive (hopefully).

Termagant: A stock character, replaceable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:11 am 
Hormagaunt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:30 am 
Medium One

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:06 am 
Little One

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:39 am 
Doom of Malan'tai

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:23 pm 
Hive Tyrant

oops I thought i put down warriors :P here's another possible idea for a story if anyone's interested. Boarding action, where tyranid invade a ship. it would be a great way to introduce a genestealer infection. :twisted:

Termagant: A stock character, replaceable.