Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hivefleet Leviathan Zedicon (Updated 16-AUG-2014)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:27 pm 
Medium One

I know that many of you have seen my diary on my models, but I wanted to reserve this post for my completed army. I plan on editing this first post, but I thought I'd share a few pics of my 1000 point army, taken with some terrrain pieces at our Rogue Trader store.

1000 point army - Balanced Attack - Photo 01
1000 point army - Balanced Attack - Photo 02
1000 point army - Balanced Attack - Photo 03
1000 point army - Balanced Attack - Photo 04

My apologies for the slightly blurry pics. I can't control the lighting as much as I can at home, and I'm using a friends camera, which I'm still learning how to use.

I'll be adding individual pics of the unit, presented as if I were posting it on the "Hive Fleets" section. You can also take a look at my entire WIP army on my thread in the "Modeling and painting" section.

I'm just glad to be able to finally be able to post in this particular forum!
:lol:

Last edited by RudyPicardo on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:53 pm 
Biotitan

Very nice overall look but the table bites the eyes - they would look even better on a snow table where they look like a horiffic mass of beasts risen from the ice.
The Horror effect is something I tolally Love on the tyrandis and I think I have mention it before while talking about your army. Its a damn scary thing if you emagine this army in a snow storm on an Ice planet were the defenders can only emagine what is hidden behind the wall of snow and ice. maybe you can get a snow table in a store or you want to make your own- i could also emagine great storys for your army :wink:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Katan+the+Unleashed
5th Dimension Blog:
http://5-th-dimension.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:36 pm 
Medium One

Instead of presenting my Tyranid army as a series of still image links, I made this unfinished video of a QuickTime video presentation of my 1500 point Tyranid Army. Its a large file (28-33 MB) so I strongly suggest you do a right click and download the file. I orginally wanted to complete the project fully before posting, but unfortunately I have some major real-world projects which would delay this video extensively. I chose to present the video in its unfinished form instead.

Even though I couldn't show the finalized video, I wanted to show my original pics of the army, along with various angles of the army:
1500 Pt Tyranid army 01
1500 Pt Tyranid Army 02
1500 Pt Tyranid Army 03
1500 Pt Tyranid Army 04
1500 Pt Tyranid Army 05
1500 Pt Tyranid Army 06
1500 Pt Tyranid Army 07
1500 Pt Tyranid Army 08
1500 Pt Tyranid Army 09
1500 Pt Tyranid Army 10
1500 Pt Tyranid Army 11
-------------------
A) HQ
Winged Hive Tyrant - Bone Sword/Lash Whip – Scything Talons – Toxin Sacs –Adrenal Gland (+1 WS) – Adrenal Gland (+1 I) – Warp Field – Implant Attack
Hive Tyrant – Venom Cannon – Twin-linked Devourer – Enhanced Senses – Toxin Sacs - Cataylst – 2 Tyrant Guard

B) ELITE
Devilfex – 2 Twin-linked Devourers – Enhanced Senses

C) TROOPS
6 Genestealers – Extended Carapiece (solo pic 01)
6 Genestealers – Extended Carapiece (solo pic 01)
12 Hormagaunts (solo pic 01)
12 Spinegaunts (solo pic 01; solo pic 02)

D) FAST ATTACK
12 Gargoyles (solo pic 01; solo pic 02)
Ravener – Rending Claws – Scything Talons
Ravener – Rending Claws – Scything Talons

E) HEAVY SUPPORT
Sniperfex – Venom Cannon – Barbed Strangler – Enhanced Senses
2 Zoanthropes – Warp Blast – Synapse (alternate pic 01)

Enjoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:17 am 
Great Devourer

RudyPicardo wrote:
Enjoy

:D I did! I've said it before, but I may as well say it again. You've won me over to this army Rudy. The finishes (mottling, feeder tubes, toungues, and bases) really make it.

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:16 am 
Biotitan

yeah waht a cool video - go go zelda sound ^^

http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Katan+the+Unleashed
5th Dimension Blog:
http://5-th-dimension.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:26 am 
Hydraphant

Agreed! I guess i commented on the painting someplace else, but here we go again ;)

The painting has increased alot! And becomes better with every mini you make.

And i have to say, that the idea with the video... fantastic!
Next time i would choose a darker and more dramatic musik (like in the end) but overall you get two thumbs up :)

"I'm gona sing the DOOM-song now: DOOm, DOOOMDOOOOOM,DOM, DOOOOOHM,DOOM...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:16 pm 
Little One

Are we to expect the video on YouTube when it's done?

Strawberry Death -- RIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:33 pm 
Genestealer

oke thats the coloest thing ever :!: :D :D

gr cloak

The Cloak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:04 am 
Medium One

Warpshadow Commanders:

Thanks for all the kind responses. I wanted to apologize if some of you experienced deja vu when replying to my army. I have a similar forum post in the modeling section, however I know I only post completed armies here. So you pretty much get to see the army in pieces in my modeling/painting section. I try to add a new environment/terrain to photograph my models here, but its hard to do when I'm also helping to build terrain at the store.

In regards to posting it on YouTube, unfortunately I won't be able to. The Zelda song (respect to Commander Terrorfex for knowing that) was produced by composer John Williams. Because of this, I'm sure by posting in on YouTube, I'm gonna have problems. Its one of the reasons why I didn't make a video for the entire song - I was concerned about copyright issues. I was planning to use a more dark and sinister track; I was either going to use some tracks from the Matrix Trilogy or make a few cheap tracks myself. But due to my responsibilities at work, I just couldn't finish this off the way I wanted to.

It will be a while before you see further posts here, as I've got a lot of other projects to start up again (i.e. terrain project, TrisomyFex, etc.), but know I'll continue to look at and build up the army.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:26 pm 
Medium One

I have no clue if this is the appropriate place nor time to post, but I just wanted to say that I finally posted a few pics on the Warpshadow Album

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleetRudyPicardo/

Most of the pics have been displayed at some point in time on the forums, but figured that it would be a good idea to post some of them in a single location for viewing. I'll primarily just be posting completed Tyranid units/models, but will occasionally post WIP pics, terrain pieces, special projects, etc.

Enjoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:42 pm 
Malanthrope of the Admins

I was going to say something about 1yr thread necromancy, but you are the thread 'owner' and you are continuing the topic, so entirely appropriate.

And then I got to see that movie - missed it the first time round. And those warriors - leaping and ninja - great stuff.

Man, you be one talented hombre. Well, comparatively to my sad skills. Love those movies - any chance that we will ever hear the Zoanathrope poetry? 8-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:17 pm 
Medium One

Accommodator wrote:
I was going to say something about 1yr thread necromancy, but you are the thread 'owner' and you are continuing the topic, so entirely appropriate.

And then I got to see that movie - missed it the first time round. And those warriors - leaping and ninja - great stuff.

Man, you be one talented hombre. Well, comparatively to my sad skills. Love those movies - any chance that we will ever hear the Zoanathrope poetry? 8-)

I first wanted to say sorry for taking literally 1 year to post here. I prefer not posting here until I have a finished army (1000 points or more), but its just been so hard to complete a swarm army fast enough. In addition, I think its been like 6 months since you gave me access to the Warpshadow Albums. Recently, I found myself sifting through all my posts to find particular pictures and just decided it was best to start putting up pics. And at that point I thought it was appropriate to post here, since I'm primarily posting completed models.

In terms of the movie, its still in the back of my mind, but I have to finish my army first...since most likely my army will be used. I already have 1-2 guys that are willing to donate completed Blood Raven and Black Templar Space Marine models so I'm getting closer to getting the movie realized.

Even making those short vignettes is a pain because in the end it takes away from gaming and or painting. And to be honest, the most difficult part is making a quick short that is funny; I don't have a strong sense of comedic timing. However, I'll try throwing something together in the next month or so in hopes that will satisfy some vices

Again sorry about the 1-year necromancy thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:05 pm 
Malanthrope of the Admins

No worries - I know the pressures of conflicting time demands. Do what you want to do, and simply smile about the rest...

And like I said, as the now undisputed GOD of this forum.... (LOL - just had one of the other admins call me his God.... hhmmm, wonder if I can get him to provide sacrifices... 8-) ) a little necromancy is no problem - of your own thread, and on a continuation of the topic, I actually think it's preferable.

Post subject: Reinforcements...arriving (Updated 16-AUG-2014)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:04 pm 
Medium One

Hive Commanders:

After years of hibernation, I have returned. Sometimes life just asks you to make decisions that you don't want to make. I don't regret what I had to do, but I did miss coming to the forums, sharing my work, and being inspired by yours. I'm still relearning how to be efficient with posting links properly, but I wanted to let those few who remember me that I have been working on my some of my Tyranid models the past few months.

HQ UNITS
Swarmlord with old Tyrant Guard models
[Open in new window]

Deathleaper
[Open in new window]

TROOP UNITS
Tervigon
[Open in new window]

Tervigon with Termigants
[Open in new window]

ELITE UNITS
Hive Guard
[Open in new window]

Venomthorpes
[Open in new window]

Lictors
[Open in new window]

FAST ATTACK UNITS
Raveners
[Open in new window]

Magnetized Hive Crone (WIP) 01
Magnetized Tyranid Harpy (WIP) 01

HEAVY SUPPORT UNITS
Biovores
[Open in new window]

Biovore with sporemines
[Open in new window]

Post subject: Re: Hivefleet Leviathan Zedicon (Updated 16-AUG-2014)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:49 pm 
Great Devourer

It's great to have an update Rudy. :D
I quite like your Swarmlord and Tervigon, I reckon the black weapons stand out beautifully against your white and pale grey bodies. It is unusual to see the different types of spore mine in different colours, but I really like it. And I think it fits in the background perfectly too.

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/