Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:06 pm 
Big One

i don't suppose i could grab a copy of that too, dusty? it sounds like it's gonna be a good read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:00 pm 
Medium One

Wonderful army!! (bear in mind that I have little skill and so I am easily impressed)

The bases are very good. I like how you've gone for a sort of swamp/marsh/ muddied battlefield look with them. Along with the great colour scheme, the bases really help unify the force.

Finally, when you play apocalypse, do you deepstrike all those sporemines in the same area, right in front of the enemy gunline? Cos there are a LOT of mines there....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:41 am 
Hydraphant

Dusty Fox wrote:
Hydra wrote:
I just re-read your post... do you happen to have written down anything of your background?

Yes, I've recently written down a good chunk of it as a Word Document (It was all in note form prior to that).

Do you want a copy?

-Fox-

PMed you ;)
Really excited to read that!

"I'm gona sing the DOOM-song now: DOOm, DOOOMDOOOOOM,DOM, DOOOOOHM,DOOM...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:52 am 
Little One

Mista Gav wrote:
That is a real impressive force you got going there. My favourite shot has to be of the 6 zoanthropes with their cheeky grin! that cracks me up although why 6?

The impressive bit is the paint work on the carapace and the basing. What is the exact model count then and points?

Sorry, Mista Gav - I forgot to answer this in my earlier post.
I have 6 Zoanthropes for a few reasons;
1. I love the models
2. I can use all pf them in Apocalypse
3. I picked up the 3 older edition models on ebay for £6 - for the lot!

I think it stands at 235 painted models (includes 126 Gaunts).

4,637 points of painted models. I run everything incredibly light on Biomorphs, and these points don't include any Apocalypse formations, Without Number, etc. No idea what it would be like if I write a proper list though - a lot more lets say :).

Swarbie wrote:
Wonderful army!! (bear in mind that I have little skill and so I am easily impressed)

The bases are very good. I like how you've gone for a sort of swamp/marsh/ muddied battlefield look with them. Along with the great colour scheme, the bases really help unify the force.

Finally, when you play apocalypse, do you deepstrike all those sporemines in the same area, right in front of the enemy gunline? Cos there are a LOT of mines there....

Cheers, mate!

I have yet to use the Spore Mines at all (only a recent addition). Though I think I'd just drop all 40 of them directly onto the enemy gun line. I'm looking forward to dissolving some Imperial troops ith them in the near future :D.

Background is on it's way to you, Hydra.

If you could PM me you email address, Frankendoodle - I'll sent it to you as well.

-Fox-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:58 pm 
Lictor

very nice sceme you have there dusty :D at first i thought it was moloch's oroborus but then i realized i was looking at browns not green.

if you had a sully modelled table to go with your army it would look stupendous! :wink: *hinthint*

-Dr. Jekyll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:44 am 
Hatchling

Amazing! really like it i once had a swarm of just under 3k fully painted. With no guns! was so much fun!! Then i whent to uni and my parents reorangise my room. Mainly by throwing them away!

They just didn't realise how hard i'd worked on it. You could say i was slightly annoyed. Now only have a 1500pts! makes silver a sad panda!

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleetSilverFox/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:17 pm 
Tyranid Squig!

I just started looking at this thread, and am amazed!
Could you please PM me the background material also, or post it to fiction lore and batreps?

See my Gallery Here.
http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleetWormwood/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:44 pm 
Big One

At the risk of repeating everyone else - that's a beautiful army, mr Fox!

The way it mixes classic / oldschool and newer models invites the viewer to go hunting for easter eggs - to see if there are any other old never-before-seen gems hiding somewhere in the broods. I was particularly taken by the old termagants - I've never seen so many in one place before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:50 pm 
Medium One

I'm with wormwood on this one too. Please PM me the background material.
@Silver Fox: Man, that sucks! Parents have never been the most intelligent of people regarding 40k though, for me at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:01 pm 
Little One

That really does stink, Silver. :(

I have to say, I'm pretty lucky in terms of my folks. I put most of my 40K stuff away when I got towards the end of high school and didn't end up getting back into the hobby for almost ten years. When I did go looking to see if any of my old supplies remained, I found my folks had put everything (paint, models, etc.) into a drawer of a filing cabinet in the basement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:58 pm 
Little One

Thanks everyone! I'm still adding to the Swarm (as always :)). I'll keep you all posted with updates when they occur. Next thing will be the Genestealers (if I can decide what to do with them).

I'm playing around with the background again chaps, so I'm going to keep it to my chest for a while; again, I'll let you know when it's sorted.

Bad luck on the destructive parents, Silver :( .

Cheers!

-Fox-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:01 pm 
Broodling

congratulations man!! You have a really wonderfull swarm, im in love with your paint skill, now you have to show us where are the genestealers. cheers :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:11 pm 
Little One

Evening all,
A small yet long overdue update this evening. Whilst making my new terrain pieces (shown here) and waiting for various stages of glue /paint/water effects to dry, I took the opportunity to finish of the final 5 members of one of my Genestealer Brood.

Here's a few photo's of individuals;
[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

Full Brood of 12...

A Brood of Vanguard Genestealers scuttle through the Blight infected wetlands of Celaeno.

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

As ever, comments and criticisms much appreciated.

-Fox-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:49 pm 
Monstrosity

Why don't you post it in the Fiction/Bat-Reps section for us? Share with the entire Hive Mind Dusty!

Space Marines... It's what's for dinner!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:25 am 
Little One

Afternoon again,
Quick update with my standard sub-par photo's. Apologies for being incredibly sparse with updates and general interaction as of late - I'm really off the whole gaming thing at the moment (I get like this every now and then... inspiration and motivation just dries up completely).

Anyway!
Picked this chap up from ebay for a few quid - pretty dire condition; tail was all bent out of shape, looked like it'd been painted with poster paint and 2 sets of limbs missing.

He was already bent in to the rearing position and so, unwilling as I was to risk bending it about again, I built up the base to compliment the pose.

So I suppose this makes him the... Brown Terror? (Cue jokes.... :D).

He's actually going to be the model that represents a legendary Orochi organism in the campaign I'm currently playing/running.

(Colours are really washed out in the second and third photo's)

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

Thanks for looking.

-Fox-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next