Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: hive fleet synergy and tactica
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:52 pm 
Big One

So I have been playing on my tablet and my codex for almost 24 hrs now and i have come up with a few gimmicks people may find useful and/or fun to try out. I want to share them with the hive mind but its mostly just scratch notes and i don't want to copy paste the entire thing since it potentially can spam the entire page and become jumbled in transition. In addition I am still fine tuning some of the rules/rulings to ensure everything is matched play legal to play with. its human to make mistakes with details. So if theirs some one out their could give me a hand too/ how too share this with out spamming posts id appreciate it, and hopes it'll help the hives entirely. command points are one I need help refining because I only ever used counter assault and the occasional re-roll,

sample> trygon + 30x hormagaunts <hive fleet behemoth> + 1CP brute force + 3CP adrenaline surge + 1CP caustic blood = turn 1 first blood, line breaker, and should eliminate 1-2 enemy units (trygon & hormagaunts)

Post subject: Re: hive fleet synergy and tactica
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:18 am 
Not Loukang

Hello,

I think that caustic blood is situationnal, depending on what unit you are going to charge. Statistically it is unlikely that many enemies survive a charge of 20+ hormagaunts. Versus large units it may be useful though if you did not wipe the unit charged. Is that how you plan to use this combo?

Cheers,

Lak

Post subject: Re: hive fleet synergy and tactica
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:33 pm 
Big One

Personally I deal with infantry focused players but not to exclude the occasional mech list. I still use multi charge to tie up many units possible and caustic blood (mortal wounds) can still be prevented by feel no pain. So in theory it's not the sole purpose of killing off a unit just soften things for the hormagaunts during the following fight phase. Namely units like death gaurd buffed to T6 and also trying to account for looses during over watch. My local plauge player is fond of his flame thrower units and it's not uncommon for me to loose a good portion on the charge.