Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: hive fleet synergy and tactica
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:52 pm 
Big One

So I have been playing on my tablet and my codex for almost 24 hrs now and i have come up with a few gimmicks people may find useful and/or fun to try out. I want to share them with the hive mind but its mostly just scratch notes and i don't want to copy paste the entire thing since it potentially can spam the entire page and become jumbled in transition. In addition I am still fine tuning some of the rules/rulings to ensure everything is matched play legal to play with. its human to make mistakes with details. So if theirs some one out their could give me a hand too/ how too share this with out spamming posts id appreciate it, and hopes it'll help the hives entirely. command points are one I need help refining because I only ever used counter assault and the occasional re-roll,

sample> trygon + 30x hormagaunts <hive fleet behemoth> + 1CP brute force + 3CP adrenaline surge + 1CP caustic blood = turn 1 first blood, line breaker, and should eliminate 1-2 enemy units (trygon & hormagaunts)

Post subject: Re: hive fleet synergy and tactica
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:23 pm 
Hatchling

I have been doing something similar.

Kronos Fleet: Take a biovore (or three). Need to shut down that Psyker? Out of range for The Deepest Shadow strat? Move your biovores to help them miss, and fire away. Place the spore mines that "missed" within 6 inches of the psyker, and more than three inches away from any enemy models. If the psyker in question doesn't have enough movement to get 24 inches away from the new spore mine "unit" in their own movement phase...
Situational, but then isn't most of battle?

Jormungandr Fleet: In consideration of the "always in cover" nature of the adaptation, I was amazed I had not considered how very useful that was to Mawlocs. Typically, I pop them up and they get burned immediately (so scary!). Now, barring ignores cover weapons/abilities, Shai-Hulud is rocking a 2+ armor save.
Additionally, this adaptation gives Lictors free roam. They are effectively 3+ armor over the entire board when they are not in close combat (though not against overwatch, since at that point, if I read the rules correctly, they are "charging" and thus lose the fleet adaptation).
I know a bunch of you will read that and think "duh. Those are obvious." Well yeah, but they nevertheless took me by surprise, so I thought it best to include them.

Kraken Fleet: Much ado about Genestealers for this fleet, but I urge you to consider how much the ability to fall back and re-charge would benefit Carnifex. To swing first and get that +1 to hit is pretty sweet.

Also, don't forget as I often do: Lictor's chameleonic -1 to hit works in close combat as well as against shooting, and stacks with the Shrouding spores rule from Malanthropes/Venomthropes, should they happen to be in range.

More to scribble as I find them. Hopefully I am not repeating things already common knowlege.

Post subject: Re: hive fleet synergy and tactica
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:09 pm 
Big One

Something to consider for your last entry. Lictor's can DS anywhere 9"away but you can use the stratagem <pheromone trail> to DS your venomthropes a turn after. Personally trygon tunnel/<enemy below> works better but if your tight on points give a delayed support to your lictor's.