Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hive Fleet Luna [alpha version]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:30 pm 
Medium One

Hive Fleet Luna emerges from the dark reaches of space as the biggest Tyranid threat ever encountered by every single foe lying in it's path. Whilst the Fleet itself is small in size. What it lacks in numbers it more than makes up for cunning.

It's believed that Hive Fleet Luna is unlike all other currently identified Hive Fleets a direct seed of the Hive Mind. As 1st generation fleet it's bond to the Hive Mind are at peek levels. Allowing it to adapt and evolve thousands of times faster than fleets of latter generations. However this comes at a heavy price in numbers as it's extraordinary psyche with the Hive Mind only allows for the strongest of Tyranids to be carried within.

Only synapse creatures can withstand to be transported safely withing Luna. Luna is extremely fragile in space warfare, so it's always accompanied by 3 lesser Bodyguard Hive Fleets: Terror, Destroyer and Oblivion. Upon decent to a new world Hive Fleet Luna unleashes hordes of Tyranid Warriors, Tyrants and Zoanthropes as a frontal attack as it begins mass production of other lesser Tyranid creatures such as Gaunts, Raveners, Lictors, Carnifexes etc.

These lesser Tyranids are evolved and mutated by the great power of Hive Fleet Luna to best fit the battle with extreme efficiency. It's been noted that Luna tends to aim for an enemy's strength rather than it's weakness. Defying common logic, it is rewarded once an enemy's strongest are defeated and only the weak remain. To be consumed by the advance of Luna's bodyguard Hive Fleets soon after.

Note: I made all this crap up as you can probably tell. But it's the story to my own Hive Fleet. What do you guys think? I just thought up all this in like 20 minutes ago, so I gotta add more stuff later and make it more realistic but I think it's a good start.

4. Necrons - 4,300 pts
5. Ultramarines - 3,900 pts
6. Grey Knights - 3,900 pts
7. Black Templar - 2,400 pts
8. Blood Angels - 2,300 pts
9. Dark Angels - 2,200 pts