Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hand of the Chosen Week 1: vs Chaos Daemons
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:40 pm 
Mawloc Prime

Because of the 250 points starting points for the campaign, we were playing on a 3x4 table.
Only way to score Victory Points are the mission objectives: First Blood, Linebreaker and Slay the Warlord.

HIVE FLEET ODA
Mucloid Sport Mine
Hive Tyrant - Electroshock grubs, Miasma Cannon, Twin Linked Deathspitter, Wings

THE FILTH BOYS
1 Sorcerer Guy
at least 20 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch

Rolled the Warlord Trait to make trees carnivorous; there are no tries on the table. Reroll to make a terrain piece lose 1 to it's cover instead, picked the only piece of terrain in the demon deployment zone.
Rolled Psychic powers Onslaught and Psychic Scream.

I deploy the Hive Tyrant on the board behind a ruin, Spore stays in reserves.
The Daemons deploy up front and behind a ruin as two separate units.
Daemons do not Siege Initiative.

TOP OF THE 1ST:
I switch to Swooping mode and fly straight at the horrors; get off Onslaught and get off Psychic Scream, but rolls a 4, +2 is 6 and their leadership is 7; sorcerer's just out of 6" range. Run 5" forward so I'm directly in front of the horrors. Open up with both flamer templates, only 5 horrors are left due to wounds and instability rolls.

BOTTOM OF THE 1ST:
Horrors and sorcerer move a little, use all their warp charges to get off an assault 4d6 witchfire shot, my rolls suck so it goes off. makes 15 shots, 1 hits, fails to wound. In the shooting phase, warp storm rolls a 3 and the sorcerer EXPLODES! Don't know the details, something about a Leadership roll and being within Shadow In The Warp. Either way, 5 Horrors are the only thing left on the table; they run 6" in the shooting phase away from the Tyrant.

TOP OF THE 2nd:
Spore does not come in from reserve. Tyrant turns and flies in pursuit of the Horrors. Get off Onslaught, Psychic Scream gets Denied. Another double flame template attack, the Horrors are no more, make my run move and end up in the deployment zone.

TABLED

Technically First Blood and Slay The Warlord went to the warp storm, so I only got 1 point for Line Breaker; still a win, and Victory points are not being carried over as a scoring condition in the campaign.

Easier than I expected. 150 points of Elites added to my army; I'm gonna stay on this planet and stock up on Lictors.

Post subject: Re: Hand of the Chosen Week 1: vs Chaos Daemons
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:03 am 
Big One

That sounds like a quick game :D
I would say you would get first blood for killing the horrors, because you have killed them, making them the first blood you scored.
But, this won´t change the game result.

harald

http://www.pocitolocito.com
http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Hive-Fleet-Nautilus/