Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Leviathan Campaign!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:16 pm 
Big One

Leviathan Campaign!

So my friend and I decided to play through the 6 missions in the leviathan book, we are trying to go as fluffy as possible with our lists. My friend is using black templar’s for all the missions instead of the various imperium that are involved.

Game 1: The fluff is a group of militarium tempestus are rooting out tyranids in a city made of glass buildings and constantly being ambushed by the tyranids. To reflect that the rules make all ruins only 5+ cover and are dangerous terrain as the glass is weak and breaking as well as an genestealer units can deep strike and don’t scatter (the idea is they are popping out of buildings). The game was deploying in corners (but not vanguard, you could deploy anywhere in your whole quarter of the board) and used the cities of death cards, so similar to maelstrom but all around buildings and he deployed first and went first. We had like 12 different ruins on the table as it was supposed to be in a city.

So the tyranids player is suggested to bring genestealers and lictors and I did not disappoint-I also made the personal decision to not take any MC’s as it did not fit with the fluff and we both agreed no flyers/land raiders etc.
My list using the leviathan detachment:
1500 Genestealers

HQ 1 Prime with Hooks, Sword/Whip and Maw Claws 160

T 5 Genestealers with Scything Talons 90
1 Broodlord with TS and ST 74
5 Genestealers with Scything Talons 90
10 Genestealers with Scything Talons 180
10 Dakkagaunts 80
10 Dakkagaunts 80
13 Termagaunts 52

E 1 Venomthrope 45
1 Lictor 50
3 Hive Guard 165
Models 81 Total Points 1500

His list was a chapter master, a chaplain both with a massive honour guard squad with 2+ armour and power weapons on all of them. A dreadnought with lascannon/missile, a whirlwind, vindicator, 3 crusader squads (basically tactical squads that are better in CC), one in a rhino.

He deployed the honor guard right in the middle of the table and one crusader squad to my left, another to my right with the vindicator and dreadnought while the whirlwind hanged back with the rhino squad. I put my 2 dakkagaunts on the left and right sides, and the hive guard/venomthrope on the left side and my prime with the 13 gaunt in the middle. Everything else was in reserve and I got the trait for reserves on 2+.

BT turn 1: He moved up the honor guard squad towards my middle, everything else just moved closer as he has a CC army for the most part. He fired his orbital bombardment and virtually everything at my 13 gaunt squad but with bad rolls and most stuff just running up instead he only got about 5 gaunts on turn 1.

Nids turn 1: My prime left the one squad as I rushed it up to make a wall to block his honor guard from anything else and joined a dakkagaunt squad. Most of my army just stood still beside the prime’s squad which started to flank right as I needed my reinforcements. I managed to get some shots off but with the dakkagaunts in range and the hive guard I only killed 1 marine.

BT turn 2: The honour guard and left crusader squad combined fire to kill my little gaunt squad for first blood. On the right side his other crusader squad killed a few dakkagaunts with his vindicator while the whirlwind killed a few gaunts on my left dakkagaunt squad. Still not too many casualties, but not a lot of his army was close.

Nids turn 2: All my reserves came in except one genestealer squad. I dropped one broodlord squad back with my hive guard that were out of synapse. Another broodlord and regular genestealer squad dropped into a building on my right near his vindicator and right crusader squad, which I shot with dakkagaunts and got a few more. I then dropped a full genestealer squad in a building by his whirlwind and the lictor into a bastion in the center and managed to glance the vindicator on the side. All my psyker powers either failed or were denied. My dakkagaunts on the left move into a building and shoot down a few of his left crusader squad.

BT turn 3: The honour guard move up to charge the broodlord squad on the left but failed the assault! His squad in the rhino at the back get out and with flamer and bolters he only kills 4 of 10 with more bad rolls. His dreadnought connects twice on the lictor and it dies. His right crusader squad shoots down about 3 genestealers then charges then and he loses about 4 to my attacks, but then knocks me down to 1 but I make my morale and one genestealer is left holding that squad. His left crusader squad charges and kills my dakkagaunts on that side.

Nids turn 3: My last genestealers come in and land on my left side near that crusader squad that killed my gaunts. My genestealers at the back charge and kill the whirlwind. My brood lord squad on the right charges in to save my one genestealer and I wipe them all before they can hit back. My prime just advances near my right side as well (his new squad is almost dead). My hive guard manage to get 2 shots only on the vindicator and pen it once so it has to snap fire and has 1 hull point left.

BT turn 4: His crusader squad on the left shoots up the new genestealers but only get a few, he decides not to assault so he can overwatch again and he will go first since I am charging through terrain! His honour guard squad charge my broodlord squad on the left and with rending I kill his sarge and about 3 more with rending but then I am completely wiped out. His dreadnought and vindicator fire at the primes unit and kill all the gaunts so he is solo. At the back the squad near the whirlwind shoot down 4 of the last 6 genestealers but the last 2 are out of sight.

Nids turn 4: My prime just ducks into the building on my right where the broodlord was, but that squad rushes forward and finished the vindicator. My genestealers on the left survive his overwatch, then survive his attacks (because I am charging through cover) only losing a few and my attacks wipe out the rest of his 4-5 guys, I think I got 7 rends on like 15 wounds, not expected! I try to pin his squad at the back so my 2 genestealers can charge, but I fail, so they just hide. My venomthrope fails his morale and runs off the board.

BT turn 5: His honour guard squad assault and take out my left genestealers in close combat and his dreadnought assaults my genestealers but my attacks strip 2 hull points and he only does one wound and I make my save. His back squad kills my 2 genestealers.

Nids turn 5: My genestealer squad fails to finish the dreadnought but it does nothing to me. My prime moves closer to that squad and we roll to see if the game goes on and it ends! At this point I am killing it on objectives, so I “win”, however this is for fun and we don’t care, so we go on!

BT turn 6: His honour guard assault and wipe out my hive guard. His last squad assault my broodlords squad in CC with the dreadnought. My attacks finish the dreadnought, his sarge and a few more but he kills a few more genestealers.

Nids turn 6: My prime joins the assault and with it and the broodlord I kill his last 4 crusaders. At this point he has the rhino and his honor guard squad with 3/10 left and his chapter master with ¾ wounds and chaplain with ½ wounds, all I have left is a full broodlord, 3 genestealers and a prime. We decide to just rush each other and on turn 7 neither of us make it, so we go to turn 8.  On turn 8 he makes the charge and I roll badly on my attacks and only kill 1 honor guard and he wipes my entire squad and I am tabled.

So in theory I won at the end of 5, but for fluff purposes he cleansed the area of the nids! Fun game and nice to use genestealers again.

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

Post subject: Re: Leviathan Campaign!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:04 pm 
Medium One

Very cool, I can't wait to see more missions out of the Leviathan book. =D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:05 pm 
Big One

DigestedFotoGuy wrote:
Very cool, I can't wait to see more missions out of the Leviathan book. =D

We will be doing all of them and some of them have crazy cool rules. :)

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:07 pm 
Big One

Game 2!
So the mission is vanguard strike & kill points. The idea is the imperium player is protecting a caravan, so I used some of my chimeras as that. There is also a special rule that the caravan gets 2 snap shots at S7, AP4 vs. deep strikers and the imperium player can run out of ammo as the game goes on, but it didn’t happen until turn 6 at which point it didn’t matter. To fit with that fluff, I went with the endless formation.

1850 Nids-Trygons and Endless-SOB#2 01 25 15

HQ 1 Tervigon with crushing claws 210

H 1 Trygon 190
1 Trygon 190
1 Biovore 40

Formation 20 Dakkagaunts with TS 160
Formation 19 Dakkagaunts with TS 152
Formation 10 Termagants 40
Formation 10 Hormagaunts 50
Formation 3 Warriors 90

T 1 Mucolid Spore 15
1 Mucolid Spore 15

Pod 2 Drop Pod-5 Venomcannon 200

E 1 Haruspex with AG 175
2 Hive guard 110
2 Hive guard 110

Models 95 Total Points 1847

My opponent with Black Templars brought a list of 2 razorbacks with assault cannons, 3 typhoon land speeders in 3 squads, a shooting termie squad (when do you see those now-a days!), I believe a full 6 10 man crusader squads (the black templar version of tacticals) with a chaplain HQ and an ironclad dread. Each squad had a plasma or a melta, plus some combi-weapon of the same and a power axe, for the most part, so kitted for all comers.

Imperium has to deploy first, but nids go first unless the imperium steal which they did not. Also nids are in 3 waves, 1st wave on the board, 2nd come in from reserves on turn 1 and then the rest are regular reserves. He deployed his army in a virtual line of marines at the edge of his deployment and then his vehicles just spread out behind them anchored in the middle by an ironclad. I had my tervigon, haruspex, a unit of hive guard all on my far right, in the middle I had a line of 10 gaunts, with 10 hormagaunts behind them and the warriors/biovore behind them.

Tyranids turn 1:
I drop one trygon in front of my 2 tactical squads to my left and shoot down a few. Another trygon drops way back into his corner and causes a land speeder to jink undamaged. Now my 2 holes are ready for more reserves! I drop the 2 drop pods right in front of his middle and right flank. Each shoots down about 4-5 marines. A unit of hive guard walk onto the board and do 1 shaken result to a razorback. The others choke and do nothing, my biovore does nothing and everything else just runs up into the middle to get closer (a gaunt squad, hormie squad and warriors). Another squad of hormagaunts come on my far right side and because its vanguard is very close and will be able to charge next turn for sure. My pods had to fire at the end of the phase and the one shoots at some marines and does zero, the other gets lucky and gets about 15 wounds on his termies and he fails 3 saves! About 10+ marines and 3 dead termies plus some minor vehicle damage on turn 1.

BT turn 1:
He concentrates his land speeders and razorbacks on my far back trygon and with bad rolls to wound and a few cover saves it only takes 4-I expected that one to die for sure! 2 tact squads shoot at a trygon and deal it 4 wounds, but only one can assault because the other rapid fired its plasma/bolters. I killed 5 and he only managed 1 wound but he made his morale and stuck. The ironclad charges my right pod and with its S10, it instant kills the pod. One squads in the middle and on the right each shoot down some dakkagaunts and a flamer on the right kills some more. My middle squad only loses a few but his termies shoot them, assault (and lose another to overwatch) and beats them in combat so they run because he can’t chase. The dakkagaunt squad on the right loses about ½ to shooting. His termies and a squad shoot the other pod and it’s down to 3 wounds. His far right squad shoots and assaults a hormagaunt squad to death and it doesn’t come back on a 4+.

Nids turn 2:
My trygon on the left kills another 2-3 marines but then dies to the power axe. My other in the back assaults and ruins one land speeder. My last 10 gaunts come on the far right near his squad that just killed 10 gaunts, as do both my mucolid spores, the tervigon moves towards them, spawns 7 with doubles and with its shooting and those 7 I kill about 3 marines and she fails the charge on them. My hive guard fire at his land speeders and only get a shaken result, the other squad fires at a razorback and do nothing. Everything in the middle is held up by the dakkagaunts that run backwards but make it into synapse at least. Biovore shoots and kills one bolter marine-whee! My haruspex does what he is supposed to and assaults the ironclad! He deals me 2 wounds and I tear back and get 2 pens! One rips its arm off and the other is a shaken result.

BT turn 2:
His squad on the right shoot and assault the new hormagaunt squad and he finished them with a few losses-they roll a 4+ and come back. His speeders/razorbacks combine to finish off the other trygon, the other drop pod and one mucolid. On the left he shoots down some more dakkagaunts so there are only a few left and he assaults and finishes them and they don’t come back and his chaplain/termie assault again and he loses the termie and fails the charge. He also shoots down my middle hormagaunt squad to 1 left. His ironclad does 1 more wound to my haruspex and its whiffs in return and is down to 2 wounds.

Nids turn 3:
The hormagaunts come back and surround one of his squads in the left side using the trygon hole. My 1 gaunt, 3 warriors and what’s left of my 10 man gaunt squad (about 7) all assault the squad that killed my dakkagaunts but we each lose a few and get stuck in, my hormagaunt dies and does not come back. My hive guard come alive and shoot down both his land speeders. My dakkagaunts and regular gaunts on the right all shoot and assault his squad that has killed 2 hormagaunt squads and I finally finish them. The tervigon tries to assault the ironclad to finish it but fails the assault. Biovore kills another marine or 2.

BT turn 3:
What’s left of his 2 squads on the left kill the new 10 hormagaunts that showed up from the hole and they don’t come back. His squad in the middle kills the rest of those gaunts and they don’t come back but my warriors kill a few more and it’s down to 5 models. His razorbacks kill my other mucolid and the biovore as it had to get into the open to stay in synapse. His ironclad gets 2 wounds and kills the haruspex that was a major disappointment.  His one squad left on the right fires into the dakkagaunts and finished them and they don’t come back.

At this point on my left he has 3 squads, one with 2 models (another in CC with the warriors that has his chaplain) and another squad with 2 guys. He has the free ironclad in the middle, both razorbacks (one missing a hull point) and an almost full squad to the right. I have a full tervigon, the spawned 7 man squad, both squads of hive guard and the warriors tied up on the left.

Nids turn 4:
My hive guard finish off one razorback, my tervigon assaults the ironclad and kills it but takes 2 wounds first, my gaunts on the right shoot down 1 marine and my warriors in CC kill another marine and take a few wounds.

BT turn 4:
His 2 small squads on the left join the assault on my warriors and he kills them all but I take one squad down to 1 model. His squad on the right backs up and with the razorback it takes the tervigon down to 1 wound!

Nids turn 5:
My hive guard fire into the one man squad and 2 man squad and kill both for last minute kill points. My termagaunts absorb the charge so my tervigon can assault the marines on the right but I only kill a few and his attacks kill the tervigon and the gaunts die when its head explodes.

BT turn 5:
Everything moves towards the hive guard but he can only manage one wound on them.

We roll to see if it ends and it goes on.

Nids turn 6: My hive guard both fail behavior tests and one goes to ground, the other gets preferred enemy and they shoot into the razorback but go back to doing nothing.

BT turn 6:
His firepower and assault from his right squad kills one unit of hiveguard, but the other fail to assault my squad with 3 wounds left. It is not until this turn that the scenario ability goes off and he has to snap shots, on average it should happen on turn 3 or 4.

We roll and it goes on.

My guys GTG again and can’t do anything and then die to his double assault. At the end he has a full razorback, the chaplain and 9 marines.

Kills points I got 10 from him. He got 18 from me plus first blood and warlord.

I tried to play for the fluff again but it didn’t work well with kill points but it was still a great game and it was nice to use some models I rarely use like last game. I almost never take trygons, tervigons, hive guard or haruspexes and that’s 2 games in a row with no flyrants and venomthropes this time.

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:55 pm 
Great Devourer

I'm loving these battle reports xsquidz :D There is something about campaign games that makes them so memorable. Even though you're the one playing them, I'm tense as I read them, partly from vicarious excittement, and party as I'm invested in the outcome. :)

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:14 pm 
Big One

Yaleling wrote:
I'm loving these battle reports xsquidz :D There is something about campaign games that makes them so memorable. Even though you're the one playing them, I'm tense as I read them, partly from vicarious excittement, and party as I'm invested in the outcome. :)

Thanks for reading them and taking an interest! People who know me IRL or on this forum know that 90% of my games are at the super competitive level so its nice to be able to actually play against someone who is good for just playing fluffy armies and seeing what happens!

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:30 am 
Big One

Mission 3
My list:
1850 Nids-SOB #3 6 Table Sections

HQ 1 Tervigon with crushing claws (in pod) 210

H 1 Carnifexs with DD *2 and AG 165
1 Carnifexs with DD *2 and AG 165

F 4 Spore Mines 20
3 Spore Mines 15
3 Spore Mines 15

T 5 Genestealers with Scything Talons 90
5 Genestealers with Scything Talons 90
1 Mucolid Spore 15
1 Mucolid Spore 15

E 1 Haruspex with AG (in pod) 175

Pod 2 Drop Pod-5 Venomcannon 200

Models 51 Total Points 1848

BT had a lascannon/missile dread, an ironclad CC dread, 3 10 man crusader squads in rhinos, a 10 man devastator squad (2 plasma cannons, 1 missile, 1 lascannon) with an assault cannon razorback, a bike squad with a chapter master on a bike about 6 regular bikes and an attack bike, a vanguard vet squad (with jetpacks) and a whirlwind.

One of my broodlords is my warlord and he gets the leviathan trait of PE (I was using that FOC) to reroll instinctive behavior because I only had 1 synapse unit because of deployment. The BT warlord trait was that if he killed mine in a challenge he gets d3 victory points. I got catalyst on the tervigon which was nice!

The mission was using the cards again, but the points aren’t really the goal of these missions-it’s for fun and for fluff. That is why I took genestealers again, a bunch of stuff dropping from the sky and some big crashing units. In this one nids get to go first with no chance for the imperium player to steal and all reserves can come on turn 1 again. The mission is a huge city fight so I had like 12ish ruins on the table (but no venomthropes for me cause that would be douchy) and a massive ruin in the middle. The crazy thing was the deployment method. Imperial deploys first, but the board is divided into 6 sections, so to my close right was 1, in front of me 2-see below.
BT
6 5 4
3 2 1
Nids

So he starts to roll for his army and where they start.
Ironclad is in #1, regular Dred in #4 so both to my right. His large bike squad come in 6 but he puts them in the bottom right corner of that zone. Whirlwind is in #5 which has the huge building in it. Then a squad in a rhino came in on #5 so he put them near the top, then 2 rhino squads came in on #2 so in front of the big building so only about 12 inches from the edge closest to me. Then his vanguard vets come in, also in #2, so #2 is getting crowded already. Then his devastators come in #3 with their razorback, which was the worst zone for them, the only good building for them was to the far left on the edge of #3 and #6, which limited their fire. So #2 was packed while the rest of the zones had 1-2 units in them max so were pretty empty.

We roll and it is night fighting.

Nids Deployment:
First thing I do is start to roll and see where my stuff comes in.
Tervigon gets #2 in its pod and it lands and spawns 13 guys with no doubles. Haruspex comes in #3 in its pod and I put it near the devastators but behind their ruin a bit so they don’t all have LOS. One carnifex comes in #3 and another in #6 I put them on the board of 3/6 together near the devastators so that puts them near the haruspex and makes me have a power spot of 3 MC’s. Then a fex comes in #2! I have to put it in a ruin near the back left of #2 as that section is getting packed. Then spore mines, first one comes in… #2! It has almost no room to go and any scatter would be bad but I get a lucky hit and they are in the top right of 2 very close to the ironclad lol. Not good for those mines. Then some spore mines come in #6 near his bikes and some in #1 near the ironclad again! I drop right beside it because if not they would be too far away to ever do anything since all his troops are in 2/5/6. One mucolid comes in #4 so near the other dread and another in #6 but scatters far back to the top left. Finally the genestealers. A squad of 10 come in #1 so I line them on the bottom so they can be close to #2. Next squad of 10 comes in #1 again so they are on the left side of the zone to face down the ironclad. Then my non-warlord broodlord unit comes in… #1 and it has to go into the bottom right of #1, so fairly far away from everything. Then my warlord broodlord squad comes in … #6 the worst spot. It’s near his warlord who has the trait to get points from killing my warlord lol. So I put them in a building in the top middle of zone #6. My whole army is coming from reserves so no more movement and no assaults turn 1.

Nid turn 1:
I get catalyst off on the tervigon and the carnifex near it in #2. My 2 dakkafexes and haruspex shoot at the devastators but only manager to kill one plasma guy! My dakkafex in #2 shoots the razorback down to 1 hull point. The fresh 13 man gaunt squad managers to kill 3 vanguard vets, then tervigon drops a few more, they can’t make an saves it seems. Then my pods go to work and they finish the razorback for first blood, kill another few of the vanguard vets and 1 more bolter guy from the dev squad. Vanguard vets are down to 4, but the sarge with a power fist/storm shield is still alive and decides to go beast mode to avenge his buddies! My genestealers and spores all just move in closer to the ironclad or his bikes and my warlord hunkers down in a building so they have 3+ cover at least because of night. If I was allowed to charge on turn 1 I could have made it to the bikes. Instead I know they can charge me and I can’t do anything to stop it.

BT turn 1:
The dev squad blast 3 holes in the haruspex, so it has 2 left. The guys stay in the rhinos for a turn and do some pop shots into the 13 man gaunt squad and they the 3 vets charge them (I get counter attack due to the tervigon) and I kill 1 more in CC.-13 gaunts have killed 4 vets but he chops them down to 6. The ironclad shoots down 1 of a 10 man genestealer squad and assault them, that’s what it does! It proves costly as with my 9*3 attacks it loses 2 hull points (I can only glance it) but kills 4 genestealers, so I’m down to 5, but make my morale. The whirlwind fires at my other unit of 10, but scatters and only kills 2. His back rhino squads moves towards the dreads to help out and his shooting dread starts moving to the top right of 4 because he has drawn a card for that objective and it still has range, it fires at the tervigon but I make the 1 FNP I need to. Then his bikes shoot at my genestealers with the warlord in #6 but he only kills 1, then he assaults. My broodlord goes first but only gets a few wounds and he makes all his saves. My genestealers go nuts and get 4 rends so he loses 3ish bikes and the attack bike takes another one but he also loses another 2ish bikes to regular attacks. So he is down to 2 bikes, 1 attack bike and his chapter master but that is enough, the chapter master does 4 wounds in the challenge killing my warlord and spilling into another and his other bikes kill another 1 so I am down to 2 but it was a close combat and morale is held. However he gets 1 point for his warlord trait. Due to the deployment I could not avoid that one and it was costly! Plus 1/3 of my warp dice are gone.

Nid turn 2:
My spores manage to assault his bikes but don’t do anything and my genestealers die without killing anymore bikes. My 2 dakkafexes and haruspex assault and weaken the devastator squad down to about 3 but they run away and survive because I roll so badly, the haruspex took a krak grenade and was down to 1 but then healed one back to 2, and one fex takes a single wound. My tervigon spawns another 8 gaunts with no doubles and charges in to help against the vets and kills one, but he kills a few more gaunts and does 2 wounds to the tervigon. At this point the tervigon is facing the sarge alone while about 4 gaunts fight 1 vet. Both my pods move towards the middle big building as I have 2 cards for the middle objective but with a dakkafexes shots as well, they manage to kill both rhinos in #2. My broodlord and his squad in the bottom right help assault the ironclad and tear it apart. Now that the guys are out of the rhinos I charge them with 3 spore mines but overwatch gets them, but my unit of about 8 genestealers that got hit by the whirlwind also assault them, but through terrain so I am at I1. He takes me down to about 5 but I kill 3-4 as well so it’s another held morale combat. The mucloids are too far and just move closer. He manages to block catalyst this turn,

BT turn 2:
His bikes move back to the middle to try to defend that objective from me, they shoot and assault one pod and kill it. His shooting dread continues to move to the far right but shoots the mucolid and it dies. His squad in the top come out and shoot up some more spore mines. His dev squad on the left shoot the already wounded fex down to 1 wound. His vanguard vet sarge (in beast mode) survives 2 wounds from the tervigon with its 3++ and deals it another but his vet kills 2 more gaunts. His other squad in the open (kicked from the rhino) can really only shoot at the 8 man gaunt squad and kills 7 of 8. His squad of 5ish vs the 5 genestealers each kill 1 model near the tervigon.

Nid turn 3:
The wounded fex moves towards a building in #6 to get a card point, the other fex and haruspex kill the devastators and it heals back to 3. My dakkafex in #2 can only see 1 bike and an attack bike but shoots them down to just the chapter master and 1 melta bike. My pod kills a few marines from the free 10 man squad and my broodlord to the right in #1 pins them with the horror. I spawn another 9 gaunt with no doubles and shoot 1 of those same marines down. The broodlord squad tries to join in the fight with the 4 marines vs 4 genestealer but I fail a 6 inch charge with fleet, I rolled and 4 and 1, rerolled the 1 for another 1! That fight I lose 2 and he loses 1 this turn. My squad of 5 weakened by the ironclad move nearer to the dread in #4 but still in ruins. The last vet dies but he kills the 2 gaunts so it’s his sarge solo vs the tervgion and he makes his 3++ and I take another wound and am down to 2!

BT turn 3:
The whirlwind shoots down 8/9 of the new gaunts. His shooting dread fires from #4 all the way to #6 and kills the fex with 1 wound, but he has left himself open to the genestealers near him, but he scores his point. His bikes assault my other pod and kills it. His last full squad that was in #5 now fire at the broodlord squad but I have cover and only lose 1 plus the broodlord tanks a few AP5 bolters. His vet sarge deals a wound to the tervigon and still lives! His snap firing pinned squad shoot and do nothing. In the fight of 3 marine’s vs 2 genestealers we both whiff.

At this point time is catching up to us so we declare turn 5 has to be the end, 2 more turns each.

Nids turn 4:
My genestealers assault his shooty dread and tear one arm off and I lose 2 in return. My tervigon spawns 9 more… no doubles. I decide to help her and the haruspex rushes the vet sarge as well. I get about 4 hits on him but he makes all the 3++ but fails to kill me either. My dakkafex shoots at his almost full squad in #2 and kills a few then (my broodlord squad tries to pin that squad again but fails), so I assault him with 1 gaunt first to absorb overwatch and then assault him through the cover of a dead rhino. So he goes first, but I roll really well and his squad is wiped but I am down to a broodlord and 2 genestealers. My fex and mucolid in #3 just move towards the big building in #3.

BT turn 4:
His MVP the hero vet kills the tervigon but the haruspex kills him and is back to full wounds. 80ish point vet killed a 200+ tevigon! His bikes assault my dakkafex and he loses a wound and a bike but deals me 2 (but it was at full). The whirlwind misses this time. His only near full squad in the bottom of #5 shoot down my broodlord squad. My genestealers in the top right deal another hull point but lose another 1 (I need to kill a vehicle for another card!).

We are both really low on units again.

Nids turn 5:
My dakkafex over in #3/#6 has to MTC to get in range of either his whirlwind or the last rhino, if I can get a 6 on any of the 3 dice I will get in range and I still have the kill a vehicle card… I get a 5 and it can’t do anything, same with the mucolid. My genestealers vs his other dread only have to get 1 hull point but fail and he kills another. My haruspex assaults the chapter master in CC with my dakkafex and together they kill him for warlord. I also run a single gaunt into the middle to score an objective in the big building.

BT turn 5:
His dread kills another genestealer and lives. The whirlwind finishes a lone gaunt squad and what’s left of his squad in #5 kill that gaunt that scored the point as he drew a card to kill an entire unit in cover, which at this point was 1 gaunt lol.

So the game ends with a dread stuck in combat with 2 genestealers in #4. A full whirlwind, full rhino and about 8 marines in #5. While I have a full haruspex in #2, a dakkafex with 2 wounds in #2 and a dakkafex with 3 wounds in #6 with a mucolid. If the game had went out I think I had a good chance to win, maybe table him if it went to 7, but alas, it was not to be! We total it up and it’s a BT victory 7-5.

However that’s 3 games in a row with no dakkatyrants and 2/3 with no venomthropes and only 1/3 with dakkafexes. It’s nice to play games with none of the “required” nid cruches and still have really fun, damn close games! My opponent can make brutal lists as well, he is normally super competitive like me so I appreciate he is going for the fluff as well. He said he had not taken devastators in years and he had never taken his veterans with jump packs.

The next mission is one of the craziest where the entire board is impassable terrain beside of buildings, so you need to jump from building to building unless you are a flyer or a jump unit!

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:26 pm 
Big One

Here are some pictures from the 3rd battle. Some of them are blurry as my camera sucks. The nids that are base black, with white bone and green guns/tenticles are the ones I have painted myself.

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:24 am 
Great Devourer

That game was another good read, and some of those photos turned out okay. :)

Your mucolid looks good with paint, and it is nice to see your grabby tongue in action given how excited you were about its release. :D

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:17 pm 
Big One

Game #5 (we have skipped 4 for now because its a pain to set up. The idea here is that its a very toxic planet, anything that is not a MC or in a vehicle takes a wound every turn on a roll of a 1 or a 2, so its brutal for infantry. We both went unbound because of it.

BT list:
Razorback
Extra Armour
Twin-linked Lascannons

Razorback
Extra Armour
Twin-linked Lascannons

5 Devastators
2 Lascannons
Rhino

5 Devastators
Missile Launcher
Plasma Cannon
Rhino

Dreadnought
Extra Armour
Twin-linked Lascannon
Missile Launcher

Ironclad Dreadnought
Ironclad Assualt Launchers

Landspeeder
Typhoon Missile Launcher

Landspeeder
Typhoon Missile Launcher

Landspeeder
Typhoon Missile Launcher

Stormtalon
Skyhammer Missiles

Stormraven

Stormraven

Stormtalon
Skyhammer Missiles

Stalker
Extra Armour

Predator
Extra Armour
Twin-linked Lascannon
Lascannon Sponsons

My nid list:
1850 Nids-SOB#5-MC Spam-Unbound

HQ 1 Flyrant with DD 230
1 Flyrant with DD and Haywire 240

H 1 Carnifexs with DD *2 and AG 165
1 Trygon 190
1 Trygon 190
1 Mawloc 140

E 1 Haruspex 160
1 Malanthrope 85
1 Venomthrope 45

Pod 1 Drop Pod-Deathspitters 75

Models 12 Total Points 1850

Its H&A, kill points and he has to deploy first and can then choose to go first or second. He deploys everything in his zone and I put my 3 fexes with the malanthrope in the middle as close to the big building as I can. Then my 2 hive tyrants hide in a farther back building with a venomthrope. Because some of his stuff will be out of range, he lets me go first-I also had the trait with +1 to seize and re-roll reserves.

Nids turn 1:
Fexes all run and move up into the central building while by tyrants fly to the front of that building and I take out both his razorbacks for first blood as well.

BT turn 1:
He fires basically everything at my hive tyrants and does 2 wounds to my warlord but he doesn't get grounded. He had moved his ironclad into range in case that happenned.

Nid turn 2:
All my reserves come in and its a brutal turn. I damage one rhino and immobilize his predator, I wreck 2 of his 3 speeders as well as the ironclad in CC with 2 dakkafexes. I also popped a rhino so the guys fall out and start choaking on the gas.

BT turn 2:
None of his 4 flyers come on! He managers to shoot down one fex that was wounded by the ironclad and does another wound to my other tyrant who has 3 wounds.

Nids turn 3:
I finish off the pred, his other rhino (which both lascannons die to the gas!), the other squad in the open, his last speeder. Its looking bleak.

BT turn 3:
His 4 flyers come in and he fails to kill my flyrants due to jinking and FNP. He also kills my malanthrope.

Nid turn 4:
Both flyrants go off the table. My 2 dakkafexes combine to kill a stormtalon and I kill the rest of his marines. At this point he just has 2 stormravens and 1 stormtalon left and I have almost everything.

BT turn 4:
He flyers the 3 flyers into my zone but fires back with some turrets and wounds another fex.

Nid turn 5:
My 2 dakkaflyrants come back on and with the 2 dakkafexes I kill the other stormtalon and deal 2 hull points to one stormraven.

BT turn 5:
His 2 stormravens combine to finalally kill my warlord tyrant and he calls it, he just wanted to kill that at least.

Sadly this game was not even close as it was a landslide Nid victory, but we played another game, mission #6 and it was epic. :)

A few pictures-I love the ones that show the nids swarming all over the vehicles. :)
[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:52 pm 
Big One

Pictures from game #6. I hope to do a battle report tomorrow.

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]

[Open in new window]