Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Big Game + Superheavies!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:46 pm 
Biotitan

Saturday, January 21st, 2012. Each player brings a 2,000 Point FoC-Legal list and up to one Superheavy. Players are divided randomly with Superheavies split evenly among the teams.

Team A:
Tyranids - Team Lead
Blood Angels
Eldar
Eldar
Necrons
Tau
Ultramarines

vs

Team B:
Chaos Daemons - Team Lead
Dark Eldar
Dark Eldar
Necrons
Necrons
Tau
Thousand Sons

There are four objectives. They are Ork-Made Tellyportaz. If you enter a Portal you roll a D6, if the result is a [ 1 ] you roll on the deepstrike mishap table. When you re-emerge you are placed next to another Portal, using rules for disembarking from a vehicle. At the end of Turn Six, you must be within 3" to hold the Objective. Only Troops and Superheavies can hold/contest!

Occasionally Ork Balloons float onto the table, they have random rules and help the team the turn they arrive. They are a vehicle with armor 11/11/11 Open Topped. Due to the unstable nature of Ork Balloons any Glancing or Penetrating hit causes their destruction! They have hilarious rules when they explode.

Pics here!

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleet ... 12112_001/

Was lots of fun! Can't wait for the next game!

I Spent 90% of My Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted....

Post subject: Re: Big Game + Superheavies!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:08 pm 
Biotitan

Game Highlights: Some Necron Overlord causes Night Fight on one of the tables. Thus keeping the Necrons from being shot, but also messing with his Tau ally which relies on long range shooting.

The Space Marine Terminus Ultra Land Raider gets Scarab'ed to death. Such a horrible fate to such a cool unit.

Necron Pylon vaporizes some Marines and Eldar!

The Tyranid Hierophant and the Chaos Daemon: Lord of Change trade shots. Each wounding one another four times.

Mycetic Spore drops onto the deck of the Nimorkz and 20 Devourer-Armed Termagaunts pour out. 60 shots into Tau Stealth Suits ruins their day!

Blood Angels' StormRaven moves Flat Out to get it's cargo into the fray! It's a Dark Lance Magnet and gets shot by Dark Eldar and Immobilized. Which causes it to become destroyed with its on board cargo lost!!

Tyranid Hive Guard return the favor as they destroy a loaded Dark Eldar Raider in the same fashion!

A Stone-Crusher Carnifex wrecks a Dark Eldar Raider with ease. He gets shot (a lot!) but thanks to the 2+ Save, he only loses two wounds. He loses one more in Close Combat, but destroys the Dark Eldar Warriors. He regenerates one wound the next turn. Things don't go well and he is turned into messy goo in Close Combat.

Dark Eldar Hellions with the Baron Sathonyx assault some Tyranid Shrikes! The Shrikes, armed with Lash Whips go first and kill all nine of the Hellions with ease! The Baron on the other hand, being Strength Eight, kills ALL FIVE of the Shrikes by himself!!

Tyranid Warriors assault some Tau Broadsides killing them both. Another unit of Broadsides avenge their fallen and insta-kill two Warriors.

The two remaining Tyranid Warriors assault the Necron Immortals with a Lord. The Lord has Mindshackle Scarabs. Which one Tyranid Warrior botches his Leadership roll and attacks his fellow Warrior! Causing only one wound, and the wounded Warrior easily makes his Leadership Test. The following turn, the Mindshackle Scarabs do the same! This time, causing NO wounds. The Lord attacks and causes two wounds on one of the Warriors. Which fails one Fearless Save and is killed! The third turn in combat, the last remaining Tyranid Warrior gets to swing and sends robot bodyparts everywhere!

Tyranid Hierophant assaults Chaos Daemon Nurglings attacks nine times and miraculously ALL wounds are saved! (These things have Invulnerable Saves and are Eternal Warriors?!) They are Poison 4+ and manage to wound the Hierophant five times. The Hierophant fails two saves and loses combat! Combat Resolution is done, and he fails one Fearless Save! These little dudes caused THREE Wounds on a Gargantuan Creature!! Insane!

Next turn, the Nurglings assault the Hierophant! (Gargantuan Creatures are never locked with 'normal' guys) Like an Elephant afraid of Mice!! This time the Dice Gawds smile on the Hive Mind and it goes well for the Nids! Several Nurglings are killed by Combat Resolution!

The Hierophant regenerates two wounds and Team B groans loudly!

The Hierophant destroys the Lord of Change with his Bio-Cannons! The Chaos Daemon player fails an insane number of saves and is sad....

The Hierophant secures one Objective and the entire Team B attempts to destroy him! He survives to see the end of the game with ONE Wound remaining!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:51 pm 
Great Devourer

It is always fun to see the big games you and your mates get up to Mystery. :) I must say that water looks awfully strong to hold some of those assault marines. :P (I thought it was fair enough that the malanthrope and zoanthropes floated over it though.)

How are will your games change with the apocalypse FAQ update?

(edit - Sorry for accidentally hijacking your thread with a rules discussion mate. I've split off the relevant posts here. :wink: )

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:34 am 
Broodling

what powerful nurglings... :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:43 am 
Big One

Those Nurglings did well for dudes only wounding on 6+-- all Gargantuan creatures are wounded only on a 6+ by any sniper or poison effect, like our own hormagaunts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:44 am 
Biotitan

We realized that Poison 4+ only effects Gargantuan Creatures on a [ 6 ] after the game. Didn't matter anyway as the Hierophant survived to the end of the game. Although he had but one wound remaining!!

In order to make the game more playable, we pre-determined that the water was very shallow and only caused Difficult Terrain tests.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:26 pm 
Great Devourer

Yeah, I thought that was the case with the water. It makes good sense too when you need the extra table space for such gigantic games! :D

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/