Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Space Hulk PC
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:54 pm 
Synapse Node

A single player re-creation of the original Space Hulk has a web page here. PC only, written in VB apparently. Haven't played it yet but it's getting a few positive comments.

Their eyes were cold and harsh,
Which made them tough to chew...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:16 pm 
Hatchling

I haven't yet had the chance to try it myself, but it has received some very good reviews from quite a few Hulkers of my acquaintance.

Cheers

Glenn

Post subject: RE: Spacehulk for PC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:56 pm 
Biomass

Teatime wrote:
A single player re-creation of the original Space Hulk has a web page here.

I think the link is dead.

Also, there was an actual PC version of Space Hulk. If I run across it again or find out more, I'll update, but I know this game existed, as it was among my first experiences with GW games and was my first experience with anything related to 40K. I recall it being fun and quite challenging. You could only play as the space marines, and jamming problems would occur often with your weapons. If a stealer was on its way and you were jammed up, you'd better hope for a miracle, because the only cc weapon that seemed to work with any affect (great affect, actually) was the lightning claws. Anyway, I digress. I'll see if I can find out the publishing company and year. It was on about 6 or 8 3.5 floppies.

Have a pleasant day.

"Having the moral high ground is the first consideration in battle." ~paraphrased excerpt from Sun Tzu's __Art of War__

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:19 pm 
Synapse Node

The link currently works for me, though your mileage may vary.

I recall that official space hulk game from the days of yore, though I never played it. IIRC it was some kind of turn based first person game. no? In fact....

<a few minutes later>

...you can get more info here, and the sequel is here. Both are allegedly still available to buy.

Their eyes were cold and harsh,
Which made them tough to chew...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:59 pm 
Little One

Back in the day I did own and play the Space Hulk PC game, and let me tell you, for the technology level at the time it was one awesome game. My favourite part was the camera window for each member of the squad and just like in the Aliens movie where there was a blur then static same thing in Space Hulk. A controlled situation rapidly devolved into chaos, and your heart would be pumping...

Strawberry Death -- RIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:52 pm 
Ravener

Lugarou, I remember...
I played that game as well - just like he said, you'd properly cordone a safe area off and proceed to move in one direction commanding a swuad, then one person, guarding one junction, would fall. Which meant... there was a loose genestealer behind ALL of your termies...
First-person made it so coo....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:09 am 
Carnifex

when i was like 9 i woke up and went downstairs and discovered my brother had borrowed the board-game Space Hulk from a friend, complete with that cool dreadnought-looking thing (if i remember correctly). I thought that thing looked SO cool , i was admiring it for like an hour. it was my first exposure to GW i think. then a while after that he also had some GW board game where you like played with orks or humans (i think , it's been so long) and you played on a big plastic sheet that was the terrain , and it was like divided into squares that have 5 corners (pentagons ? i dunno what its called in english), then you could say , this square has a marsh on it , this square is impassible, this square is a trench with cover , etc.

I had actually forgotten about all this until i just read this thread , now it's all coming back, hahaha.

0 x Defeats or draws :)
(p.86)

All your base are belong to us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:39 pm 
Hatchling

Ripper wrote:
...he also had some GW board game where you like played with orks or humans (i think , it's been so long) and you played on a big plastic sheet that was the terrain

The game was called Battle Masters - developed by GW and Milton Bradley. It was set in the WFB setting and pitted the Empire against the hordes of Chaos. Pretty fun and inexpensive; I still have my copy floating around somewhere...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:21 pm 
Carnifex

yeah it seemed like fun. i also remember the guy who my brother borrowed the game from really sucked at painting the models. Perhaps reading those rules back then was planting the seeds of me eventually playing 40K today...

Well there you have it, show your children 40K and they will become brilliant commanders later in their life ! 8-) :P

0 x Defeats or draws :)
(p.86)

All your base are belong to us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:23 pm 
Hatchling

Just checked the link, pc game game looks soooooo creepy :cry: ,what did the stealers look like up close,did thy just flail arround or what, how did they attack?