Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:06 pm 
Monstrosity

vonny wrote:
I've found that the marines seem to get it easier when they rush themselves - not in terms of time, but in how far they get within a certain amount of turns. The first mission for example has a crucial t-section just past the first room, and if you don't get past that before the genestealers get there you'll have a hard time. If you get there before the stealers, you have a good chance of building up from there.

Basically, if the marines wait too long they have a good chance to get overwhelmed. Like they should be :)

That's what i've found as well. In the one mission i played as SM, i just ran the terminators as fast as their stubby legs would carry them to the exit point, dropping off 2 or 3 men at strategic locations to guard my other marine's six :D

http://warhammer40kcreator.googlepages.com

"Joey doesn't share food!!!!!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:03 pm 
Biomass

You definately need to be quick when being teminators. A fine example is the exterminate mission, I was being space marines. I managed to move all of my terminators into positions where ever single approach was covered by at least two models before my opponent got anywhere near assault range. One terminator that had the first line of fire across a set of cross roads racked up more than half of the kills by himself untill a realy unlucky set of rolls when he got overwhelmed, which then lead to the sergent (no range weapons in this mission meant he was near useless anyway, he only managed 3 kills even with +2 on dice rolls and block) getting attacked and killed shortly afterwards. But by this time all the genestealers attacking from the south had been killed through a combo of stormbolter and assaultcannon fire, so they redeployed so I had three guns aimed into a single cross roads. Needless to say, the remaining genestealers didn't get too close.

Anyways, waffleing over, if I hadn't had a firm plan of action where I was to set up my defense and gotten there quick, or if the 'stealer player had got to my marines while they were still on their own, I would have been toast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:56 am 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

I've played the second mission, Exterminate, as well now, as a genestealer player.

I found that it neigh impossible to mount a good offensive against the space marines. I couldn't get to them quick enough to prevent them from grouping up to cover all the entry points into their position, and once there they could pick me off at their leisure.

My plan was to have one of their sides, with only the assault cannon and a stormbolter, overrrun by making the assault cannon run out of ammo. That happened eventually but by then he had raked out about 16 of my stealers! He was quick to kill after, but by then I'd already lost so much I couldn't get through to much of the rest.

I got the sergeant down by getting lucky in running into a room and attacking him from the flank (he's really easy then as he doesn't get any of his bonusses then), but other than him and the sassault cannon I didn't do anything!

Any advice?

Hive Fleet Charybdis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:12 pm 
Great Devourer

Well I know I am 3 months behind everybody else (a lifetime by internet standards!) but my copy of Space Hulk just arrived a few days ago.

*Joy* :D

So I know the obvious question now is: "Was it worth waiting 13 weeks for shipping just to save a few bucks?" No, no it wasn't. :lol:

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:07 am 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

woohoo! cheer!

Hive Fleet Charybdis