Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Genestealer titans.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:47 pm 
Broodling

I have a question for the older nids on the board. Has there ever been a genestealer cult titan build by someone? I was looking at the forge world website (the supurb (correctly spelled?) chaos titan) And I thought about it. Did anyone ever make such a thing?

It would be a fanastic project to do. (Sadly, havn't even got enought time to finish painting my current models ;)).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:08 pm 
Biotitan

Model-wise, I honestly don't know if such a model was done. However, if it was, it would likely be a freelance thing-FW havn't done one, and I'm pretty sure Armourcast didn't either.

Fluff-wise, highly, highly unlikely. Titans generally can't be crewed by just any old schmuck-they need to have all the various ports, bio-interface things, and other plug sockets. When a Princepts drives a titan, he moves it like his own body, and is hooked up to the Titan (think how the people enter The Matrix in the films). Though, AFAIK, the rest of the crew generally arn't and just sit at bit computer terminals and suchlike, though in the larger classes the Princepts immediate subordinates are plugged in as well.

So, even if by some massivly unlikely occurance they were able to capture a titan, bearing in mind the low resorces the Cult will often have at its disposal, its not likely they'll be able to drive it. The only way I can realisticly see it happening is if the Cult was able to infect and control a Titan Princepts and enough of the Titans crew to pilot it. So, its a long shot, but there is a slim chance a large, powerful cult might be able to come into possession of a Warhound titan, but nothing bigger and its definatly stretching the fluff a bit.

We don't need no stinking sniperfexes... Tyranid lover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:01 pm 
Malanthrope of the Admins

Fluff wise - it's the equivalent of street hoodlums getting ahold of an M1. The cults tend to try and stay hidden, infiltrating the power structure, as they know that in open conflict they lacked the power to defeat the Imperium - cause civil war as units and imperial guard armies can be turned, but the whole purpose is to delay long enough to call in the Tyranid Hive.

I've never heard of space marines being infected - harvested, yes. And Titans are considerably more rare than space marines are these days...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:24 pm 
Whiny Ravener

If you wanted to just use a big walker/warmachine, on the other hand, I'm sure a huge piece of industrial equipment could be purloined by the cult. Alternatively, you could try directly infecting the titan with tyranid bio-organisms. I still can't imagine anything larger than a warhound scout being comandeered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:17 am 
Genestealer

Or a Stealer could be huge. Get hold of some sort of Giant DNA in em and eventually they will be huge. It is possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:45 am 
Lictor - Genetic Scout

wile at first glance it seems highly strange a titan to be hidden bellow city i believe its possible (look at godzilla movie) not a common thing but it could happen :wink: and a very interesting concept to explore...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:37 pm 
Broodling

I was mostly intrested to know if a model has ever been made. (I thought that perhaps someone made a epic genestealer cult titan.) But I guess not.

But the concept of a genestealer cult commandeering a Titan shouldn't be that strange. Sometimes in the fluff the new cults have a tenancy to operate right under the nose of the inquisition. (Like the sheep's clothing story on http://www.hivefleetmoloch.com/ (nice story)) So if some stealers would infest a forgeworld they could infect some titan commanders.

But I believe the titans were living machines embodiments of the machine sprit. Perhaps the titan itself would detect the infestation and purge the infected commander. (I read some of those titan comics ages ago, anyone read them more recent?) I don't know enough of the titans machine spirit to know if the titans have enough free will to stop an infected commander from running the titan.

Accommodator, I Alway thought that the cults itself didn't know about their involvement with the hivemind, and that they worked for their own intrests until the hive ships arrived (and the hive mind took over the feeble minds of the cults, starting a civil war). If this was the case they could try to take over some titan legions to try to create a strong hold on a planet. If the cult was far away enough from the main hive fleets it would be possible I think. The titans are a bit rare because the epic game isn't really succesfull at the moment :). It could be possible but indeed it's not an everyday occurance.

I do agree with clarkdobbs, an imperator titan would be a bit much. But I was only looking at the warhounds from forgeworld. (And only brainstorming not more). Well when we get our own cult list I will make one. (thats not going to happen).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:50 pm 
Hatchling

Genestealer Cults getting a Gargant is far more likely than a titan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:39 am 
Hydraphant

it is indeed an undiscoverd part of the nid map.

As i understand Genestealer kults can be very very powerfull. even powerfull enough to get a hand on the help of the mechanicus.

But here comes the for me crucial part of this question:
Can the adeptus mechanicus be infected with the genestealer seed? since some or beter to say most of the mechanicus members are barely human anymore... so would it make sense for genestealers to infest some of them?
For the question of power the answer would be yes. For the reproduction question it would be no...
what do you think?

"I'm gona sing the DOOM-song now: DOOm, DOOOMDOOOOOM,DOM, DOOOOOHM,DOOM...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:01 am 
Medium One

Fairly sure they could be. Could be a research porject gone wrong No matter the degree of mechanical parts unless its just a brain in a jar then their should be somthing for a stealer to get a foothold on. PLus there are all the low ranking tehc priests tech gaurd menial workers etc etc to infect and take over....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:22 am 
Little One

I just designed a Genestealer Titan for the Divergent Evolutions, and I haven't ever read this topic. That's funny 8-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:16 am 
Broodling

I say your genestealer titan, but I thought you meant a very (very very very) large genestealer. I meant a normal titan liberated by the genestealer freedom forces.

I do like the non cult titan idea, hope they brink back epic so you can use your regular stealer mini's as titans ;).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:57 pm 
Genestealer

Granted, a titan takes a highly trained/ genetically modified princeps to pilot it. However, a cult could get high enough in the oft- corrupt imperial buercracy and employ a princeps.

or, a genestealer could infect a princeps... :idea:

Look At My Tyranids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:39 am 
Biotitan

This discussion came up several times now I think ..and got burried very fast. I think like mentioned in some other posts a titan doesnt make much sense i a infiltration army. But if we want to explore this and go away from things like captured baneblades etc. it would make sense if the beast is rather hidden under the earth to get fead until its so big it burst threw the streets ( like Godzilla) or it has some sort of stealth ability.

Maybe it has a huge amonunt of spore cysts in his back and so it is clowded in a spore mist - so that humans know something attacks them but cannot see what it is. ( I think about movies like ''the mist'' or even ''Cloverfiled'')

I think this would size the terror level in the city drastical. I think a 200 m monster with a stealth ability is just funny so this idea is worthless. But I think the idea with the clowded beast could work.

It could be spores or a kind of gas - thick and maybe it works like a drug so that nearby enemies have to live threw haluzinations like they were on drugs.

I think this could be a good step forward to the cult titan

:wink:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Katan+the+Unleashed
5th Dimension Blog:
http://5-th-dimension.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:36 am 
Great Devourer

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/2TW/IMG_1314.jpg.html

That link is to one of two genestealer cult titans that appeared in the Second Tyrannic War. The idea may be a little far fetched but they certainly looked cool on the weekend. 8-)

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Yaleling/