Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Brood Begins....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:27 pm 
Broodling

Well, after much deliberation, procrastination, monetary setbackery, and woffling between various armies inflicted by indecisiveness and "new and shiny syndrome," I have begun my cult army. Ironically, such indecisiveness actually contributed to my cult. I wanted to play Vampire Counts for Fantasy for a while, and bought some ghouls...which are perfect for Genestealer Hybrids! And then I was on Imperial Guard and bought a battleforce....which contributed perfectly to a foundation for my cult army! And I'm using the IG Codex as a basis, of course.

As it stands now I've got:

1 Genestealer Magus- counts as Primaris Psycher, using a converted Redemptionist Deacon model with some extra bits in a cool pose.

20 Brood Brothers- count as Conscripts to represent their civilian-level aim and combat abilities. I've got empire flagellents models, OOP Chaos Cultists, and Necromunda Redemptionists to represent them

10 F1 Hybrids- count as an IG Infantry Squad, models are converted VC ghouls....plus one oop Genestealer Cultist :P

10 F3 Hybrids- count as an IG Infantry Squad, models for this seperate squad are guardsmen with minor genestealery bits and conversions

5 F3 Hybrid Command Squad- count as an IG platoon command squad, using the command squad models with few conversions.

1 "Commandeered" Civilian Sentinel- counts as a Scout Sentinel with a Missile Launcher, fairly converted and awesomely posed sentinel made to look like a civilian/loader sentinel seized by the cult and retrofitted with a makeshift missile pod and other equipment.

2 F3 hybrid Heavy Weapons Teams- count as IG heavy weapon teams, both equipped with a terrorist/cultist/revolutionary's best friend- the RPG-styled missile launcher.

What do you think so far? I'll post pics to my gallery soon, and add more units when I manage to get more money. So far my only issue is deciding background-wise which units are hybrids and which are cultists. Would genestealer-influenced guardsmen make more sense as hybrids? Or would they be brood brethren?

Humanity is destined to fail. Why is this? Because to fight the tyranid they must mimic the tyranid. If they united as one, banded together, they could stand a chance..... lucky for us tyranids that that will never happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:46 am 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

sounds good, can't wait to see the pics. Sounds like you have some really nice conversions hanging about.

Hive Fleet Charybdis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:09 am 
Big One

Sounds pretty good, the cult is fun. I would drop one of the heavy teams and add in the Russ, the cult lacks some hard hitting and the Russ helps with that.