Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: any cult news ?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:26 am 
Broodling

First of all I'm glad to have found this site :) - I can't imagine there's any place including more exchange of information (and pics :shock:) of stealer cults anywhere on the web. In a few days I'll share some wip pics of my cult, hoping to get some opinions on it of course.

So far ... most unfortunately there hasn't been a posting in here since august ! How about your cults ? Any news ? Any new projects going on ?

Cheers :)

Post subject: Re: any cult news ?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:04 pm 
The Red Terror

Unfortunately not a lot of action goes on in this forum.

You will be glad that there has been some cult-based activities going on in the modelling and painting forum though. I suggest using the search function and just searching something general like "cults" and see what comes up.

The most recent activity has been from Hydra who posted his Sebulon Prime business in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14982

Can't wait to see your cult. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:56 pm 
Big One

Indeed, I can't wait either.

Really though, there isn't quite a lot to talk about, seeing as the rules for a Cult would be a pretty simple IG mod, and there isn't much support from GW about them.

"So Mr. Shoggoth, what's the reason for this loan?"
"To maximize variations capability of the alien invasion of Terra"
"Come again?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:03 am 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

I've been going over an idea in my head for a while now about cults, which is actually building an imperial guard army, building 2 models for all the squad leaders/independant characters/other characters, in which one version is normal imperial guard, and the other version is a genestealer (cultist). Then I want to modify vehicles in such a way that banners or other things can be placed/removed so as to show either imperial or cult symbols. That way I can use the imperial guard with either of my other standing armies in apocalypse (Nids and marines).
The hold-ups though, are many. I don't know much about how IG plays, and thus not much about what units I want to field (apart from a few that I just want to do because they look cool). I don't know much about the vehicles and haven't been able to get an up-close view to puzzle out how to convert them. And I don't have the money, and spend my time painting marines and nids anyway.

Hive Fleet Charybdis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:30 pm 
Medium One

Oh Vonny, that idea would be fantastic. 2 magnetized versions of heads, banners, and maybe some cloaked figures that reveal their true nature later! Maybe cult tabards that roll up the side of vehicles and pin at the top so they actually unfurl down the side.

I can just imagine some poor schmuck mistaking your robed purestrains for admech priests, wondering if you forgot to highlight your pskers' skin cause their tone is "off", and wondering why all your platoon members are waving neighborly and smiling. Then you swap robes for purestrains/hybrids and cadian heads with bald frothing madmen!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:42 pm 
Norn Queen wut can has cookie

hehe, nothing of my planning was to do it in-game, actually. Just greenstuffed banners or something that you could magnatize or pin on and off. And have a colonel iron hand straken guardsman, but for the cult one it's more of a miniature broodlord. Atropath gets replaced by a magus, stuff like that. So that looks wise, I could couple it with my other armies in an apocalypse game.
Have all the normal guardsmen with purple and blue squad markings on their shoulders to have simple colored squad markings for normal play, but the blue and purple link to genestealers in their cult form without actually having to replace the whole squad (just the sergeant for added flavor).

Hive Fleet Charybdis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:49 am 
Little One

Ok, how come I never realised there was a Cult subsection of the forum??

So what if my cultists are hovering between being made and being painted? So what if they're only 'Gaunt genus stand-ins? I still feel that I should have spoted this. Oh well, now I know.

I like your idea Vonny. You wouldn't be the first to do cult IG, but I think the interchangability you're aiming for is realy original and should be good fun once you get started.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:56 am 
Big One

For interchangilbilty, I have my Guard tank crews and I have made up a bunch of Genestealer cult tank crews. It's not a perfect conversion but when I field my baneblades with genestealers sticking out the top it's pretty clear which army they belong to!