Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tri-hive insanity
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:00 am 
Big One

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Tyranids) [36 PL, 744pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Hive Fleet: Kraken

+ HQ +

The Swarmlord [15 PL, 300pts]

+ Elites +

Tyrant Guard [7 PL, 150pts]
. Tyrant Guard: Adrenal Glands, Crushing Claws, Rending Claws

Tyrant Guard [7 PL, 147pts]
. Tyrant Guard: Crushing Claws, Rending Claws

Tyrant Guard [7 PL, 147pts]

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Tyranids) [37 PL, 534pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Hive Fleet: Hydra

+ HQ +

Neurothrope [4 PL, 70pts]

Tervigon [13 PL, 243pts]: Massive Scything Talons, Stinger Salvo, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Endless Regeneration

+ Troops +

Ripper Swarms [2 PL, 33pts]: 3x Ripper Swarm

Termagants [9 PL, 92pts]: 23x Termagant (Fleshborer)

Termagants [9 PL, 96pts]: 24x Termagant (Fleshborer)

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Tyranids) [34 PL, 722pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Hive Fleet: Kronos

+ HQ +

Hive Tyrant [9 PL, 182pts]: Balethorn Cannon, Power: Paroxysm, Power: Psychic Scream, Stranglethorn Cannon, Two Deathspitters with Slimer Maggots

+ Elites +

Hive Guard [13 PL, 240pts]
. Hive Guard: Impaler Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Biovores [4 PL, 100pts]: 2x Biovore

++ Total: [107 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Still testing and balancing, but I think I have found a potential 3x hive fleet list that maximizes the adaptions utility and complement one another's weaker points.

Early game is kraken speed combined with Kronos range. Mid game the remaining of the 3, late game hydra and Kronos. Since virtually 2/3rds of the entire should be applying pressure at any point the only real focus opponents would have would be situational and focus on any one fleet would leave themselves vulnerable to at least one of not the remaining two. Speed, range, power, endurance, utility and synergy.

Post subject: Re: Tri-hive insanity
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:56 am 
Big One

1st game testing vs raven guard, crippled a predator, wiped half a unit of snipers (starting 10x i believe), got a unit of tyrant gaurd into melee rang of 2nd predator and able to charge (onslaught) and a few smites on some tactical marines. didnt even finish my shooting and he raged quite and blocked me on discord & TTS.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:07 am 
Big One

Looks like a solid list.
For me using different Hivefleets in one army still feels a bit wrong.

Are you using differently painted models?
How are other player handling this with their nids??

harald

http://www.pocitolocito.com
http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Hive-Fleet-Nautilus/

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:44 am 
Big One

It's still in testing and only 2games. 1st was the mention above the second was Murphy's law, spear head deployment vs IG artillery. No cover no LOS, virtually no saves and enough gunline I couldn't get a foot hold. Though that aside it still preformed decent til turn 3, when he managed to snipe my hive gaurds with artillery from several tanks. But up till then it was neck and neck VPs.

As for the army yes using 3 different paint schemes to reflect the fleets, and haven't faced another nids list yet, to note this is all on TTS., Table Top Simulator, a online game to play board and table Tops online and some in VR. And for record I still stay devoted to my hive fleet Lamnia for the real thing but the PC is convenient for experimenting.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:58 am 
Big One

Never heard of TTS.
Is it like playing a normal warhammer 40k game on the computer?

http://www.pocitolocito.com
http://album.warpshadow.com/v/Hive-Fleet-Nautilus/

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:12 am 
Big One

more or less,

the typical thing is to use battle scribe to make a list (most common 2k) you go to the work shop to find your respective army select he models your want, and group them together and save them, repeating if its a mix of faction. once you ave your complete army together check the discord channel for a game and work out who hosts a server and such, then you go back to TTS to find the game and join.

after that the game play is drag your army to the table and play as normal, placing models by hand/mouse. Most of the tables have rolling strips were you can drop your dice into and it auto shuffles them and the strip it self counts your result, just displaying how many of each number in a organized row. delete/remove the dice not needed and repeat through your phases. their is also a measuring too as you move models so its much easier to be accurate and honest. movements and such are all the same as IRL, you grab and move individual models across the board but you can highlight and move in bulk as long as you adjust for terrain. and after all said and done you can satisfyingly flip the table full of models with no risk of damage or retribution/.

their are plenty of vids on youtube, Table Top Simulator.

as for the list, i have found it functions too well. the hydra mob is a endless tie up and the kraken/kronos leave massive damage early game. how ever if your front line is across the table and you cant shoot into combat a large portion of your army is unable to move and 3 games in a row it became a stale mate of not able to kill enough gants and gants not able to kill anything at all. games became decided on objectives controlled during deployment more hten actual combat. excluding IG artillery games because they pick off your back lines