Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Detachment abuse.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:26 pm 
Big One

Ok so we all know how disgusting smite spam can be, and we are one of the only armies that can build list's to gain extra command points and still have a competitive list.
Here is one of mine.

supreme command detachment
HQ- NEUROTHROPE
HQ- NEUROTHROPE
HQ- NEUROTHROPE
HQ- NEUROTHROPE

HQ- NEUROTHROPE
HQ- NEUROTHROPE
HQ- NEUROTHROPE
HQ- NEUROTHROPE

Battalion
HQ- NEUROTHROPE
HQ- NEUROTHROPE

Troop-25x termagant
Troop-25x termagant
Troop-25x termagant

Total 1k.
hive Fleet kraken/Kronos

I Know it doesn't look overly impressive but that is a total of 10x NEUROTHROPE. Between psychic scream and smite you can do some decent damage. And each one can heal them selves and/or each other. To to mention it is 8x command points in a 1k list. Obviously you can switch the Gants for what ever you like I just figured they were a solid troop. Since this gives so many command points you can stratagem to double tap any of the troops, alternatively you can cut 2x units in half for the 3rd upgraded to devour gants.abd again double tap every turn.

It's so stupid that it still has potential to work, 20- 90 mortal wounds a turn. Plus fleshbores.

Post subject: Re: Detachment abuse.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:41 pm 
Big One

Forest wrote:
Ok so we all know how disgusting smite spam can be, and we are one of the only armies that can build list's to gain extra command points and still have a competitive list.
Here is one of mine.

HQ- NEUROTHROPE
HQ- NEUROTHROPE
HQ- NEUROTHROPE
HQ- NEUROTHROPE

HQ- NEUROTHROPE
HQ- NEUROTHROPE
HQ- NEUROTHROPE
HQ- NEUROTHROPE

Battalion
HQ- NEUROTHROPE
HQ- NEUROTHROPE

Troop-25x termagant
Troop-25x termagant
Troop-25x termagant

Total 1k.
hive Fleet kraken/Kronos

I Know it doesn't look overly impressive but that is a total of 10x NEUROTHROPE. Between psychic scream and smite you can do some decent damage. And each one can heal them selves and/or each other. To to mention it is 8x command points in a 1k list. Obviously you can switch the Gants for what ever you like I just figured they were a solid troop. Since this gives so many command points you can stratagem to double tap any of the troops, alternatively you can cut 2x units in half for the 3rd upgraded to devour gants.abd again double tap every turn.

It's so stupid that it still has potential to work, 20- 90 mortal wounds a turn. Plus fleshbores.

In matched play you can only use psychic scream once a turn but still, its a ton of smite and they are all 5W with a 3++ that isn't bad at all and can heal themselves with smite!

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:37 pm 
Big One

mind if i ask what page it is, that says it can be only used once? its most likely another one for those rules sub grouped and wasn't put in he index properly so i just want to make sure, cause i was under the impression its just another psychic like catalyst. as long as 6 different characters have it you can cast it that many times.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:02 pm 
Biotitan

It's a standard rule for Matched Play from the core rulebook. Don't have the book with me but I believe it's a sidebar box on the first page of the Matched Play section.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:21 pm 
Big One

you are correct, each psychic can only be cast once per psychic phase, excluding smite. kinda sucks really, but still its 10 smites a turn minimum. most units (not fodder) that will eliminate anything focused.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:51 am 
Big One

Forest wrote:
you are correct, each psychic can only be cast once per psychic phase, excluding smite. kinda sucks really, but still its 10 smites a turn minimum. most units (not fodder) that will eliminate anything focused.

Oh yeah, its still great! Smite spam is a thing in 8th.

5000 Eldar
5500 Marines

In that order!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:05 pm 
Monstrosity

Bear in mind that each Neuorthrope can also deny the witch, so you can also deny another player's powers. That could be massive, especially against psyker-heavy armies like Eldar.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:42 pm 
Big One

all i have to do is announce "hive fleet kronos" and they wont even use their psykers, literally a death guard player has easily 500pts invested towards pyskers and unless i get him in a do or die position he wont use them. they all fear that one stratagem, but regardless i have never been worried about psykers anyways. were way to resilient.