Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Possible Overpowered combos
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:21 pm 
Big One

Haven't been to impressed with mawlocks, since they can't charge during TOD, he has become his old varient of trygon, pop up do nothing, then die to ovewhelming fire power. Not to mention his ability does virtually no damage anymore. Best way to take him is in a pod and drop charge.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:02 pm 
Monstrosity

Sounds like you already have a plan. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:44 am 
Big One

Update for the carnifex/stealers in my recent games. Genestealers, without any real doubt, can swarm and rush opponents clearing the field of anything. Including one game I managed to table Turn 1 using a combo trygons and Sub-assault, a bit pricey to play but its a hard hitting. foot slogging with a couple broodlord's in the midst has just ruined everyone's day. hitting on 2's and re-rolling wounds with his MC rending makes me want to take a list of nothing but BL's.

Carnifex are a bit touchy to their load-outs. As always you can make them into a swiss army knife able to deal with every situation but they will lack the momentum in any one scenario. I had some luck with Shooting builds ( mainly strangle-thorn and double Death-spitter) but ultimately they are best used for Defensive games, were you want to sit on the objective and just need them to lob fire power into Your own Tar pits. Tried and true original carnifex (double talons and thresher are the way to go. Just focus on running them as a pack and put everything into scything talons, ideally with OOE Nearby. (3+ with re-roll 1's) the thresher tail is less effective but is wonderful for that pesky conscript blob and equivalent. if you Knowingly are facing just space marines then bone mace is way to go, although that can be debatable since you give up 1 of your attacks to use bone-mace were thresher is optional and that 1 extra talon attack can make a difference, but so could those extra points collectively since i take 2-6 carnifex its a good trimming source. I have not taken bio-plasma yet since i try to focus on melee builds. But if Points to spare i plan to try them on some of my next games and feel their results.