Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1k super list
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:31 pm 
Big One

So i made a list fits in 1,000 points even. I still double check my math cause I'm still understanding the new point system (paying for every weapon individually instead of preset base costs), But i am confident it fits and welcome any corrections or details i may have missed

As for the list itself.

HQ- flyrant with 4x Brain leech- devours ( 2 sets of 2)
- Tyranid prime (stock)
Elite-2x hive gaurd: both with shock-cannon
FA- hive crone
- Harpy: 2x HVC
Troops- 25x hormagaunts
-25x termagants
-5x warriors (stock)

Run down of the list should be straight forward. Flyers make opening assault with long range and high mobility, Gaunts/gants acting as clean up units and fodder, and reason for the 25x of each was a bit of utility, being able to make 2x large squads or 4x minimal squads as the situation favors objectives or staying power and Prime is a back line synapse to buff the warriors and in turn the warriors should be more then enough to corral synapse.

thoughts ideas suggestions? feedback always promotes growth as long as its not "you must take this, this, and this for meta only"

side note i feel tyranofex (tyranofexie: sorry for the spelling) with flesh bore hives can be really powerful if you can get them mid field. If I'm reading everything right they are cheaper versions of exocrine with double the fire power "potentially". so trying to fit them in a list without giving up spam or my flyers (at least i want to keep the harpy and crone)

Post subject: Re: 1k super list
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:20 am 
Hatchling

For your consideration:

Slimer Maggot Deathspitters are better than the Brainleech Devourers for only 3 points more per choice. It's 12 more points for higher Strength and a -1 to armor.
The standard troop deathspitters are, of course, better than the stock devourer, but then you are doubling the points cost from 4 to 8, so maybe not worth the equivalent of six termagaunts or just shy of 5 hormies.

I found the boneswords more useful than the stock scything talons, but then you run into the same problem of being +4 points per choice. The extra attack and -2AP, however, is very solid if you can afford it.

I cannot recommend the shock cannon hive guard highly enough. They do work against any army with a vehicle, which is most of them. Paired with the tentaclids from the crone, that is a serious threat.

All in all, I like how your list shapes up. Fast. Flexible. Fearsome. Maybe a bit light in overall durability with a lot of points concentrated in mid to large creatures, but playing will tell the tale on that.

Best of luck!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:07 am 
Big One

Any feedbacks are always improvements, but confliction promotes creation. And to explain most of the cheaper, lesser weapons is filling the swarm base to compensate the big bugs as fodder and carpets. I noticed that better weapons mean little compared to simply having more. Easy scenario would be termagant vs a rhino. Every edition was the same in the sense little bugs could never harm let alone kill such models. But now enough fire power and anything can kill anything. Quantity over quality.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:35 am 
Monstrosity

One thing I've been noticing from watching tons of battle reports is that the flyrant is squishier than he used to be. Or, rather, is much easier to focus down.

You have the warriors and prime in there as back-up synapse, so you should be fine, I'd just recommend hiding him on round 1 and don't put him in the open at all. Just try to get him into Fight! as soon as possible.

Looks like a pretty solid list.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:35 am 
Little One

One thing to note, which will change your list quite a bit I imagine, is that Hive Guard (and Tyrant Guard) are minimum unit size 3, as per the most recent errata/FAQ.

Happy gaming! It's great to get to use things like Warriors again without extreme fear of battle cannons!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:04 am 
Big One

Easy fix, just got to trade a few gaunts/gants for the 3rd. I been trying to figure that detail myself at the local shop. The way its worded on the page compared to the details in the back contradicted one another.