Warpshadow.com

An unofficial discussion board dedicated to the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 (tm Games Workshop)
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Apocolypse List and Question on possible Deathstar Cheese
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:04 pm 
Biotitan

I might be going to a little Apocalypse event this weekend and I am just bringing a low model Tyranid force. This is what they posted on Facebook:

Bring in 750 points of what ever you want and battle it out amongst your fellow gamers. In addition to that, if you own a Apocalypse rule book you get an addition 250 point to add to your force. If that not enough, then its time to get to work! If you bring in a fully painted formation along side a rule book, you get to us that formation totally free!

I may have to poke them on some more information, since that still is a bit vague. I have no idea if this will be a free for all or teams. This is my low model force that I came up with:

Tyranid Prime (1) - Deathspitter, Pair Of Boneswords = 95 pts.
Tyrannofex (1) - Rupture Cannon, Cluster Spines, Thorax Swarm - Desicctor Larvae = 265 pts.
Screamer Killer Brood: 100
Carnifex Brood (3) - Scything Talons, Scything Talons, Bio-Plasma: 540
Trigon Bioshock Brood: ??? (Taking it Free)
Trigon Prime (3) - Containment Spines, Regeneration, Synapse Creature, Shadow In The Warp : 795

1000 Points

The Prime will go with the Screamer Killers and yes, its silly that it has a Deathspitter, but my CC one has Toxin Sacs and I went over the 1000 points with it. I also like being WYSIWYG... but maybe they could let that slide. They dont even mention being WYSIWYG at all.

Though I am wondering if it would be better to drop the T-Fex, and take my other 2 Tyranid Primes, and stick them into the Screamer Killer deathstar too. Is this even legal to have 3 IC's join a MC brood? Then can I Flank March them all together? I am guessing we may get a stratagem per player.

It would look like:

Tyranid Prime (1) - Deathspitter, Pair Of Boneswords, Regeneration = 105 pts.
Tyranid Prime (1) - Deathspitter, Pair Of Boneswords, Regeneration = 105 pts.
Tyranid Prime (1) - Pair Of Boneswords, Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs, Regeneration = 110 pts.
Trigon Bioshock Brood: ??? (Taking it Free)
Trigon Prime (3) - Containment Spines, Regeneration, Synapse Creature, Shadow In The Warp : 795

With 40 points left over, which I could easily spend if I dont go WYSIWYG. Strength D(ouche) weapons will suck either way :< I am more showing off then anything xP

Hrm, think I will go this route if I can do the Deathstar thing. Gotta squeeze the DoM in there for lols.

Deathstar Buddies
Tyranid Prime (1) - Deathspitter, Pair Of Boneswords, Toxin Sacs, Regeneration = 115 pts.
Tyranid Prime (1) - Deathspitter, Pair Of Boneswords, Toxin Sacs, Regeneration = 115 pts.
The Doom Of Malan'tai Brood (130 pts.)
The Doom Of Malan'tai (1) = 90 pts.
Mycetic Spore (1) = 40 pts.
1000 Points with Rule Book Bonus
Trigon Bioshock Brood: 150 (Taking it Free)